Steep Canyon Rangers Tickets
The Steep Canyon Rangers are a bluegrass band based in Brevard, North Carolina. It consists of five members, Woody Platt, Charles R. Humphrey, Graham Sharp, Nicky Sanders and Mike Guggino. They have recently risen to fame after winning the 2013 Grammy award for “Best Bluegrass Album”. They snagged the honor for their recent album, “Nobody Knows You”. Prior to this, they were nominated for the same award for their work with Steve Martin in the record, “Rare Bird Alert”. Since then, they have become known for their authentic live performances and their signature sharp dressed men look. To watch the band perform live in an area near you, buy the corresponding Steep Canyon Rangers tickets for their summer concert series.
Steep Canyon Rangers Venues
- Steep Canyon Rangers Birchmere Music Hall
- Steve Martin, Martin Short & Steep Canyon Rangers INB Performing Arts Center
- Steep Canyon Rangers Paramount Theatre - Rutland
- Steep Canyon Rangers Rex Theatre
- Steep Canyon Rangers The Orange Peel
- Steep Canyon Rangers U.S. Cellular Stage at the Bijou Theatre
- Steep Canyon Rangers Victoria Theatre - Dayton
Steep Canyon Rangers Cities
Latest Steep Canyon Rangers Events
- Steve Martin, Martin Short & Steep Canyon Rangers, Inb Performing Arts Center tickets for 10/20 07:00 PM at Inb Performing Arts Center, Spokane, WA
- Thu Oct 20 2016
- Steep Canyon Rangers, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 12/01 07:30 PM at Birchmere Music Hall, Alexandria, VA
- Thu Dec 01 2016
- Steep Canyon Rangers, Rex Theatre tickets for 12/02 08:00 PM at Rex Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fri Dec 02 2016
- Steep Canyon Rangers, U.S. Cellular Stage at the Bijou Theatre tickets for 01/13 08:00 PM at U.S. Cellular Stage at the Bijou Theatre, Knoxville, TN
- Fri Jan 13 2017
- Steep Canyon Rangers & Del McCoury, The Orange Peel tickets for 01/20 08:00 PM at The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC
- Fri Jan 20 2017
- Steep Canyon Rangers & Del McCoury, The Orange Peel tickets for 01/21 08:00 PM at The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC
- Sat Jan 21 2017
- Steep Canyon Rangers, Victoria Theatre - Dayton tickets for 02/04 08:00 PM at Victoria Theatre Dayton, Dayton, OH
- Sat Feb 04 2017
In the world of bluegrass, the band is beginning to garner a lot of fame and respect. Within the past four years alone, they have been recognized by the "International Bluegrass Music Association", the SCR and the "North Carolina Songwriters Association". They were named the top entertainers of 2011 and were also appreciated by gospel music listeners for the content their songs has. Currently they are signed to Rounder Records, a label that is known for having a rich history of musicians in this genre.
The lead singer of the Steep Canyon Rangers is Woody Platt who also plays the guitar. Accompanying him on vocals is Graham Sharp, but whose main role is that of the banjo player. Mike Guggino is the lead mandolin player while Charles R. Humphrey plays the bass for the band. Finally, Nick Sanders completes the band’s sound with the fiddle.
The band is often joined by actor and musician Steve Martin. They first came together in 2009 with the opening of "A Prairie Home Companion". After that, they played many more shows and eventually went on a tour together starting in 2009 and ending in 2010. Apart from their official tour, they also performed at festivals together, including the "Hardly Strictly Bluegrass" in San Francisco and the famous "Bonnaroo Music Festival". They have also performed at New York’s Carnegie Hall at Seattle’s "Benaroya Hall". The Martin-Rangers partnership proved to be very successful. The US leg of their tour was appreciated so much that several UK dates also had to be set due to high demand. Later on they ended up making a collaborative record named "Red Bird Alert" which went on to receive a Grammy Award nomination. In the record, other famous country and blues artists like Dixie Chicks and Paul McCartney also appear. The two acts continue to perform with each other on and off. More recently, they were the headlining performers at the "DelFast" in 2012.
The band’s latest album is called "Nobody Knows You". Critics have called it the best bluegrass album of the past five years. After winning big at the Grammys, they have started to gain even more fame, with more people interested in seeing their concerts. As Steep Canyon Rangers tickets keep on selling, the group is preparing for a word class performance.
Q:I want to buy cheap Steep Canyon Rangers tickets. Can i buy them from your website?
A:Yes, you can buy cheap Steep Canyon Rangers Tickets from our website which you will not find on any other website on the internet.