Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Tickets
Southside Johnny and the Ashbury Jukes are a music group hailing from Jersey. They have been making music since 1976. They are known for introducing original ‘Sound of the Jersey Shore’, with the use of various music instruments and soulful vocals. The band is led by Southside Johnny whose love of Chicago blues is very evident in their music.
Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Venues
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Birchmere Music Hall
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes Blue Ocean Music Hall
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes Ocean City Music Pier
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes Pollak Theatre
- Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes & The Hooters State Theatre - NJ
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes Whisky A Go Go
Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Cities
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Alexandria VA
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes New Brunswick NJ
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes New York NY
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Ocean City NJ
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Salisbury MA
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes West Hollywood CA
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes West Long Branch NJ
- Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Westbury NY
Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Schedule 2017-18
- Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes & The Hooters, State Theatre - NJ tickets for 04/01 08:00 PM at State Theatre NJ, New Brunswick, NJ
- Sat Apr 01 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Whisky A Go Go tickets for 04/08 10:00 PM at Whisky A Go Go, West Hollywood, CA
- Sat Apr 08 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Pollak Theatre tickets for 04/28 08:00 PM at Pollak Theatre, West Long Branch, NJ
- Fri Apr 28 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York tickets for 05/05 07:30 PM at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill New York, New York, NY
- Fri May 05 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, NYCB Theatre at Westbury tickets for 06/30 08:00 PM at NYCB Theatre at Westbury, Westbury, NY
- Fri Jun 30 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Ocean City Music Pier tickets for 07/10 07:00 PM at Ocean City Music Pier, Ocean City, NJ
- Mon Jul 10 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 07/15 07:30 PM at Birchmere Music Hall, Alexandria, VA
- Sat Jul 15 2017
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Blue Ocean Music Hall tickets for 08/10 08:00 PM at Blue Ocean Music Hall, Salisbury, MA
- Thu Aug 10 2017
Southside Johnny’s actual name is John Lyon. John Lyon along with Steve Van Zandt, is accredited for the formation of the music group. John and Van Zandt were old acquaintances, knowing each other through the close knit music circle of Miami in the 70s. The duo, although initially in different bands, came together in February 1971 to play together in Van Zandt’s band titled Steve Van Zandt & The Big Bad Bobby Williams Band.
Like all bands during that time, this too was short lived. Van Zandt and John Lyon performed together again as part of Friendly Enemies, a Bruce Springsteen band. John Lyon joined the Blackberry Booze Band. The band was led by Paul Green who was the lead vocalist. Lyon played the harmonica and sometimes featured as the vocalist. After Green decided to leave the band, Lyon capitalized on the opportunity and decided to lead the band.
After a few changes in the line-up, the band featured Steve Van Zandt, Kevin Kavanagh, Al Berger, Billy Rush and Mexican American Carlo Novi. Kavanagh was also an old music acquaintance of Lyon and Van Zandt. In June 1975, this lineup of musicians decided to call themselves the Asbury Jukes. The name Asbury came from Asbury Park, the area where the band performed and Jukes was inspired by Little Walter & The Jukes.
After Van Zandt went on a tour with Bruce Springsteen, the band was renamed as Johnny Southside and the Asbury Jukes. Van Zandt did not completely disassociate from the group and helped them record their four song demo. The demo was sent to Eric Popovich, who signed them with the recording label Epic Records.
‘I Don’t Want To Go Home’ was the band’s debut album and featured two songs that were given by Bruce Springsteen. ‘The Fever’ a typical Springsteen powerhouse was the highlight of the album. Johnny Southside and the Asbury Jukes tickets offer major attractions for music lovers.
Van Zandt produced two more albums for the band after which his commitments with Springsteen led him to disassociate with the Jukes. The second and third albums were ‘This Time It’s For Real’ and ‘Hearts of Stone,’ released in 1977 and 1978 respectively.
After Van Zandt’s departure, Billy Rush the band’s guitarist took over the role of the producer and co-leader. The band released their albums ‘Love Is A Sacrifice’ and ‘Reach Up and Touch the Sky’ with the recording company Mercury Records. 1983 saw the band release their album ‘Trash It Up’ and a year later ‘In the Heat.’ The latter album saw Billy Rush leave the Jukes, after which Bobby Bandiera was selected as the guitarist.
In 1991, they released another album, ‘Better Days’, which had vocal contributions from Bruce Springsteen. Although it did not make a huge impact, it was well received and had minor hits. Their latest album, ‘Pills and Ammo’ was released in 2010.
Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes have seen a number of members come and go. Besides Bruce Springsteen, who regularly featured in many of their songs, other influential artists have also performed with the band. More noticeably, Jon Bon Jovi was also a part of their 1990 tour and sang for the band in the album ‘Better Days.’ He even cites the band as an influence in his music. Recently Southside Johnny recorded an album in Bon Jovi’s barn turned studio, named ‘Songs from the Barn.’
Kevin Kavanagh passed away in 2011 which was a blow to the band. However, the Jukes continue to make music. Their strong vocals and buoyant music it is as charming as ever. If you need to be reminded how good the band really is, get your Southside Johnny and Asbury Jukes tickets for a memorable evening.
Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Events Tickets Prices
The average price for Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Tickets start from $78. The minimum get in price is $38 for Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes Tickets at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury, Westbury. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes & The Hooters||New Brunswick||1-Apr-17||$111||$65|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||West Hollywood||8-Apr-17||$160||$49|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||West Long Branch||28-Apr-17||$212||$157|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||New York||5-May-17||$138||$61|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||Westbury||30-Jun-17||$104||$38|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||Ocean City||10-Jul-17||$97||$59|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||Alexandria||15-Jul-17||$78||$78|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||Salisbury||10-Aug-17||$220||$211|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||Salisbury||11-Aug-17||$115||$45|
|Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes||New York||2-Dec-17||$171||$81|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.