San Diego Symphony Tickets
San Diego Symphony is one of the finest symphony orchestras in the US, with a repertoire that is the envy of many. Performing classical and contemporary works alike, this is one of the oldest orchestras active in the US today. It was founded in the grand city of San Diego, California in 1910 as the San Diego Civic Orchestra. Each season, it performs one hundred concerts, as well as subscription series at the Copley Symphony Hall. For those fond of the concerts held by a refined orchestra such as this can get San Diego Symphony tickets before they are taken up by the avid fans.
San Diego Symphony Venues
- San Diego Symphony: 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular Embarcadero Marina Park South
- San Diego Symphony Segerstrom Center For The Arts - Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall
Latest San Diego Symphony Events
- San Diego Symphony: Victor Fleming - Wizard of Oz (Film), Segerstrom Center For The Arts Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall tickets for 07/09 08:00 PM Segerstrom Center For The Arts Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall
- Sat Jul 09 2016
- San Diego Symphony: Sarah Hicks - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Segerstrom Center For The Arts Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall tickets for 08/23 08:00 PM Segerstrom Center For The Arts Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall
- Tue Aug 23 2016
- San Diego Symphony: 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular, Embarcadero Park South tickets for 09/02 07:00 PM Embarcadero Park South
- Fri Sep 02 2016
- San Diego Symphony: 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular, Embarcadero Park South tickets for 09/03 07:00 PM Embarcadero Park South
- Sat Sep 03 2016
San Diego Symphony’s home is the Copley Symphony Hall, a magnificent hall founded as movie theatre in 1929 in the French Rococo style. It became the symphony’s home in 1984 and was surrounded by the Symphony Towers, the second tallest building in all of San Diego County in 1989. This is where the symphony orchestra stages its subscription series which include a Masterworks series, several holiday programs, a Winter Pops series, the Light Bulb Series and a Family Festival series. It also stages a Summer Pops season in the great outdoors, as well as special Thursday Night Lite series. From 2005 onwards, they have been designated the pit orchestra for the renowned San Diego Opera. Each year, many San Diego Symphony Concert tickets are sold for their series.
The San Diego Symphony rose to grander heights after a two million dollar gift from Larry Robinson and rose to prominence under the leadership of artistic director, Jung-Ho Pak, formerly the symphony’s assistant conductor. In 2002, the orchestra was part of a history making event when they received, from Joan and Irwin Jacobs, a one hundred and twenty million dollar donation. This is the largest donation ever made to any symphony orchestra in the world.
The orchestra then raised its concert season to forty one weeks from twenty one weeks. In 2004, Jahja Ling became the orchestra’s musical director with Edward Gill holding the position of executive director. In 2006, Marvin Hamlisch became the principal pops conductor until he passed away in 2012. Today, many often pre-order cheap San Diego Symphony tickets well before their concerts are staged.
A book on the orchestra, titled San Diego Symphony From Overture to Encore has been published by the orchestra’s archivist, Melvin G. Goldzband. Describing its rise to prominence, it details how this magnificent symphony rose to become one of the most respected one in the US, and one of the most watched live, judging by the number of San Diego Symphony tickets sold each year.
Q:Can i get San Diego Symphony tickets in ORCH row A?
A:If San Diego Symphony tickets in section ORCH row A is listed with tickets in even numbers, you can have them otherwise you might have to pick tickets from some other section. Live lady can help you in this regard.