Ride the Band Tickets
Ride was formed over twenty six years ago and over the next few years they became one of the most prominent artists in the music industry. They are considered one of the best rock bands of the nineties and the biggest proponents of the Shoegazing genre of music, which in itself was a sub genre of rock. Their debut album, titled “Nowhere” came out in 1990 and managed to make it to number eleven on the UK music charts and was also certified silver in the country. They have since released three more albums, two of which have made it to number five on the UK music charts and one has gone gold. If you want to see them in concert as well, then get your Ride the Band tickets and enjoy their show, live from the stands.
Ride the Band Tickets
- Buy The Ride Festival - Weekend Pass, Town Park Telluride Tickets for Sat Jul 14 2018 Sat Jul 14 2018The Ride Festival - Weekend Pass, Town Park Telluride, tickets for 07/14 TBA at Town Park Telluride, Telluride, CO
- Sat Jul 14 2018
- Buy The Ride Festival - Saturday, Town Park Telluride Tickets for Sat Jul 14 2018 Sat Jul 14 2018The Ride Festival - Saturday, Town Park Telluride, tickets for 07/14 11:00 at Town Park Telluride, Telluride, CO
- Sat Jul 14 2018
- Buy Granger Smith & PBR - Professional Bull Riders, Adams County Fair Grounds - CO Tickets for Thu Aug 2 2018 Thu Aug 2 2018Granger Smith & PBR - Professional Bull Riders, Adams County Fair Grounds - CO, tickets for 08/02 18:00 at Adams County Fair Grounds - CO, Brighton, CO
- Thu Aug 2 2018
- Buy 20 Ride - Zac Brown Tribute Band, House Of Blues - Myrtle Beach Tickets for Sat Aug 11 2018 Sat Aug 11 201820 Ride - Zac Brown Tribute Band, House Of Blues - Myrtle Beach, tickets for 08/11 20:00 at House Of Blues - Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- Sat Aug 11 2018
- Buy Life Is Beautiful Festival - 3 Day Park and Ride Pass (Festival Admission NOT Included), Downtown Las Vegas Tickets for Thu Sep 20 2018 Thu Sep 20 2018Life Is Beautiful Festival - 3 Day Park and Ride Pass (Festival Admission NOT Included), Downtown Las Vegas, tickets for 09/20 TBA at Downtown Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
- Thu Sep 20 2018
Rock music is one of the most popular genres of music in the world and has been for quite some time. As a result it has been through several transformations over the years, leading to the formation of new sub-genres as artists tried to put their own stamp on their sound. Many of these sub-genres have gone on to become staples of the music industry, while some came to prominence and eventually died out. An example could be that of Shoegazing, a genre that came to prominence in the nineties and led to the rise of many amazing talents, including Ride; one of the most iconic bands rock music has ever seen.
Eyes on the road
Ride is an unusual band. They have always liked to do things their own way, ever since they were formed almost thirty years ago. In all this time, they have managed to acquire quite a sizable fan following and have become the face of the Shoegazing genre of music. Their mix of catchy tunes, distorted guitar sounds and ambiguous vocals made them a hit with people who were tired of the grunge rock and pop band culture prevalent during the 1990’s, as the group gave them something unique. If you want to experience some of their music for yourself, then grab your Ride the Band tickets and enjoy their show, live from the stands.
Ride consists of four musicians, each best suited for their respective roles in the band. They are Andy Bell (lead guitar, vocals), Mark Gardener (vocals, rhythm guitar), Laurence "Loz" Colbert (drums), and Steve Queralt (bass guitar). Bell and Gardner had been students together at the Cheney School in Oxford and had participated in the school’s various theater and musical productions over the years. Around that time, Bell had also been involved in a band called the “Big Spiderback," where he met Queralt. They eventually moved to the Oxfordshire School of Art & Design in 1988, where they met Colbert, and the lineup was complete. They played their first show at the college’s Christmas party later that same year.
Put your foot down
The band chose the name Ride due to its affinity to travelling and for being the name of a specific type of cymbal on a drum set. After selecting the name and performing for the first time for a live audience, the band focused its attention on making original music. They started recording demos in Queralt’s bedroom and soon had a tape ready. They also started performing at live music nights, where they were eventually discovered by recording studios who signed them to their first contract in 1989.
After a year of hard work, they released three EPs in 1990. The self-titled debut EP made it into the top seventy five on the UK music charts, while its two follow-ups, titled “Play” and “Fall” managed to do slightly better and finished in the top forty of the UK music charts. They did however set the base for their debut album, titled “Nowhere” which was released later that same year.
Off you go
Ride have release a total of four studio albums to date. Their debut album made it to number eleven on the UK music charts and they managed to really announce themselves to the world with it. It cemented their place as the best Shoegazing band in the world at the time and got them a legion of fans overnight. Its follow-up album “Going Blank Again” did even better, making it to number five on the UK music charts and even managed to be certified gold in the country. Even though their following two albums, titled “Carnival of Light” and “Tarantula” made it to number five and twenty one respectively on the UK Music charts, they failed to do as well as their previous records and ultimately prompted the band to break up in 1996.
In 2014, Ride announced that they would be getting back once again. Since then they have made several high profile appearances at music festivals and live concert tours. Now they will soon be heading to a venue near you as well. If you want to catch them playing some of their best songs, then grab your Ride the Band tickets and watch them hit the stage one more time.
Ride the Band Tickets Prices
Currently the average price for Ride the Band tickets is $142. The date and location for this event is 24-Sep-17 at The Neptune Theatre, Seattle. The minimum get-in price for Ride the Band tickets is $55.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Ride - The Band||Seattle||24-Sep-17||$142||$55|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.