Ricky Skaggs Tickets
Ricky Skaggs is a country music and bluegrass singer and musician from Cordell, Kentucky. He has been performing since the 1960s and has since then become proficient in a number of different genres. He also plays many instruments including the mandolin, the guitar, the fiddle, and the banjo. Although he is an expert in different kinds of music, he has become most prominent in the country and bluegrass field. Ever since he first started, he has dedicated his life to singing and promoting other artists. Even at 59 years of age, he has not stopped touring and performing live. Ricky Skaggs tickets are still quite popular among his fans today.
Ricky Skaggs Venues
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby American Music Theatre
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder Appel Room at Lincoln Center
- Bruce Hornsby, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder Count Basie Theatre
- Ricky Skaggs Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Ricky Skaggs Ryman Auditorium
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby Tarrytown Music Hall
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby Tilles Center For The Performing Arts - Concert Hall
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby Turning Stone Resort & Casino - Show Room
Ricky Skaggs Cities
- Ricky Skaggs Brookville NY
- Ricky Skaggs Lancaster PA
- Ricky Skaggs Nashville TN
- Ricky Skaggs New York NY
- Ricky Skaggs Ponte Vedra Beach FL
- Ricky Skaggs Red Bank NJ
- Ricky Skaggs Tarrytown NY
- Ricky Skaggs Verona NY
Ricky Skaggs Schedule 2017-18
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Appel Room at Lincoln Center tickets for 02/25 08:30 PM at Appel Room at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Sat Feb 25 2017
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 02/26 07:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY
- Sun Feb 26 2017
- Bruce Hornsby, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Count Basie tickets for 02/27 08:30 PM at Count Basie, Red Bank, NJ
- Mon Feb 27 2017
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby, Tiles Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 03/01 07:30 PM at Tiles Center For The Performing Arts, Brookville, NY
- Wed Mar 01 2017
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby, American Music Theatre tickets for 03/03 08:00 PM at American Music Theatre, Lancaster, PA
- Fri Mar 03 2017
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby, Turning Stone Resort & Casino - Show Room tickets for 03/05 07:00 PM at Turning Stone Resort & Casino Show Room, Verona, NY
- Sun Mar 05 2017
- Ricky Skaggs, Ponte Vedra Concert Hall tickets for 03/26 08:00 PM at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Sun Mar 26 2017
Skaggs was born and raised in Cordell Kentucky. When he was five years old, he received a mandolin as a present from his father which he learned to play very quickly. By the time he was six years old; he was playing and singing in front of an audience alongside Bill Monroe. The year after that, he made his first television appearance on the Martha White program. In that program, he sang with Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt. At such a young age, his ambitions remained high—he wanted to be part of the Grand Ole Opry by the time he was 8, but could not because he was too young.
He tried his luck with fame once again when he was a teenager. He met Keith Whitley, who like him was also a young musician, who had learned to play the guitar as a toddler. Whitley had a brother who would play the banjo. Thus together, the trio would perform on various radio channels. In 1970, Ralph Stanley left his band, leaving the spot open for other musicians. Skaggs and Whitley were then asked to be part of the Clinch Mountain Boys. After playing with them for some time, he travelled to Washington where he played with "The Country Gentlemen". He did not stay much longer with this group either and moved to Emmylou Harris project called "Hot Band". Skaggs worked as a songwriter on Harris’s own album entitled "Roses in the Snow". The record was rooted in the bluegrass genre and this is how Skaggs discovered his natural talent of writing bluegrass music. While in the Hot Band, Skaggs would play the fiddle and sing background vocals for Harris.
It was in the early 1990s that Skaggs recognized that he was not just a country music singer, but bluegrass came quite effortlessly to him. At the same time, he began to experiment with other similar sounding music as well, venturing into the blues as well as folk and gospel. He formed a new band called the "Kentucky Thunder". With the band, he has become a recurring winner at the Grammy Awards winning almost every year since 1983. He is also a big winner at the "International Bluegrass Music Association".
Skaggs won the Grammy Award thrice in the 1980s, one for each of his albums released in the 1982-1985 period. These were "Fireball", "Wheel Hoss" and "Raisin’ The Dickins". Each award was in the category of "Best Country Instrumental Performance". In 1991, he won in the category of "Best Country Vocal Collaboration", an honor he shared with Vince Gill and Steve Wariner for the song "Restless". After this period, he began to be recognized as more of a bluegrass artist than a country music star. Thus in 1999, he won the award for "Best Bluegrass Album" for "Bluegrass Rules!" which he shared with his band Kentucky Thunder. He won the same award the following year as well for their next album "Ancient Tones". Following his establishment as a bluegrass artist, Skaggs began to change his image once more and became more of an experimental artist, who would perform in all different kinds of southern sounds. Therefore from the year 2000 up till 2009, he won a Grammy for various categories. These were for Southern Album, Country Performance, Musical for Children, but mostly still for his Bluegrass Records.
Throughout the time that Skaggs was categorized as a country music star, he won big at the Country Music Association Awards as well. From 1982 to 1987, which was as long as his stint as a country star lasted, he won a CMA in many categories, even winning the highest honor of "Entertainer of the Year". The living legend performs live concerts even today. Ricky Skaggs tickets for his upcoming shows are now available.
Ricky Skaggs Events Tickets Prices
The average price for Ricky Skaggs Tickets start from $73. The minimum get in price is $47 for Ricky Skaggs Tickets at the Tilles Center For The Performing Arts - Concert Hall, Brookville. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder||New York||25-Feb-17||$241||$124|
|Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby||Tarrytown||26-Feb-17||$217||$113|
|Bruce Hornsby, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder||Red Bank||27-Feb-17||$180||$61|
|Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby||Brookville||1-Mar-17||$217||$47|
|Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby||Lancaster||3-Mar-17||$184||$92|
|Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby||Verona||5-Mar-17||$306||$98|
|Ricky Skaggs||Ponte Vedra Beach||26-Mar-17||$170||$64|
|Bluegrass Nights: Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder||Nashville||27-Jul-17||$73||$57|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.
Q:When will you deliver Ricky Skaggs Tickets?
A:Your Ricky Skaggs Tickets will be delivered as soon as the payment is made and transaction status is complete.