Ricky Skaggs Tickets
Ricky Skaggs is a country music and bluegrass singer and musician from Cordell, Kentucky. He has been performing since the 1960s and has since then become proficient in a number of different genres. He also plays many instruments including the mandolin, the guitar, the fiddle, and the banjo. Although he is an expert in different kinds of music, he has become most prominent in the country and bluegrass field. Ever since he first started, he has dedicated his life to singing and promoting other artists. Even at 59 years of age, he has not stopped touring and performing live. Ricky Skaggs tickets are still quite popular among his fans today.
Ricky Skaggs Venues
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder Birchmere Music Hall
- Grand Ole Opry Birthday Bash: Joe Diffie, Lee Brice & Ricky Skaggs Grand Ole Opry House
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder Rams Head On Stage
- Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby Tilles Center For The Performing Arts - Concert Hall
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder Virginia Theatre - Il
Ricky Skaggs Cities
- Ricky Skaggs Alexandria VA
- Ricky Skaggs Annapolis MD
- Ricky Skaggs Brookville NY
- Ricky Skaggs Champaign IL
- Ricky Skaggs Nashville TN
Latest Ricky Skaggs Events
- Grand Ole Opry Birthday Bash: Joe Diffie, Lee Brice & Ricky Skaggs, Grand Ole Opry House tickets for 10/07 07:00 PM at Grand Ole Opry House, Nashville, TN
- Fri Oct 07 2016
- Grand Ole Opry: Trace Adkins, Ricky Skaggs & Ernie Haase and Signature Sound, Grand Ole Opry House tickets for 10/15 07:00 PM at Grand Ole Opry House, Nashville, TN
- Sat Oct 15 2016
- Grand Ole Opry: Trace Adkins, Ricky Skaggs & Ernie Haase and Signature Sound, Grand Ole Opry House tickets for 10/15 09:30 PM at Grand Ole Opry House, Nashville, TN
- Sat Oct 15 2016
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Rams Head On Stage tickets for 11/28 08:00 PM at Rams Head On Stage, Annapolis, MD
- Mon Nov 28 2016
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Rams Head On Stage tickets for 11/29 08:00 PM at Rams Head On Stage, Annapolis, MD
- Tue Nov 29 2016
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 01/20 07:30 PM at Birchmere Music Hall, Alexandria, VA
- Fri Jan 20 2017
- Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Virginia Theatre - Il tickets for 01/28 07:30 PM at Virginia Theatre Il, Champaign, IL
- Sat Jan 28 2017
Skaggs was born and raised in Cordell Kentucky. When he was five years old, he received a mandolin as a present from his father which he learned to play very quickly. By the time he was six years old; he was playing and singing in front of an audience alongside Bill Monroe. The year after that, he made his first television appearance on the Martha White program. In that program, he sang with Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt. At such a young age, his ambitions remained high—he wanted to be part of the Grand Ole Opry by the time he was 8, but could not because he was too young.
He tried his luck with fame once again when he was a teenager. He met Keith Whitley, who like him was also a young musician, who had learned to play the guitar as a toddler. Whitley had a brother who would play the banjo. Thus together, the trio would perform on various radio channels. In 1970, Ralph Stanley left his band, leaving the spot open for other musicians. Skaggs and Whitley were then asked to be part of the Clinch Mountain Boys. After playing with them for some time, he travelled to Washington where he played with "The Country Gentlemen". He did not stay much longer with this group either and moved to Emmylou Harris project called "Hot Band". Skaggs worked as a songwriter on Harris’s own album entitled "Roses in the Snow". The record was rooted in the bluegrass genre and this is how Skaggs discovered his natural talent of writing bluegrass music. While in the Hot Band, Skaggs would play the fiddle and sing background vocals for Harris.
It was in the early 1990s that Skaggs recognized that he was not just a country music singer, but bluegrass came quite effortlessly to him. At the same time, he began to experiment with other similar sounding music as well, venturing into the blues as well as folk and gospel. He formed a new band called the "Kentucky Thunder". With the band, he has become a recurring winner at the Grammy Awards winning almost every year since 1983. He is also a big winner at the "International Bluegrass Music Association".
Skaggs won the Grammy Award thrice in the 1980s, one for each of his albums released in the 1982-1985 period. These were "Fireball", "Wheel Hoss" and "Raisin’ The Dickins". Each award was in the category of "Best Country Instrumental Performance". In 1991, he won in the category of "Best Country Vocal Collaboration", an honor he shared with Vince Gill and Steve Wariner for the song "Restless". After this period, he began to be recognized as more of a bluegrass artist than a country music star. Thus in 1999, he won the award for "Best Bluegrass Album" for "Bluegrass Rules!" which he shared with his band Kentucky Thunder. He won the same award the following year as well for their next album "Ancient Tones". Following his establishment as a bluegrass artist, Skaggs began to change his image once more and became more of an experimental artist, who would perform in all different kinds of southern sounds. Therefore from the year 2000 up till 2009, he won a Grammy for various categories. These were for Southern Album, Country Performance, Musical for Children, but mostly still for his Bluegrass Records.
Throughout the time that Skaggs was categorized as a country music star, he won big at the Country Music Association Awards as well. From 1982 to 1987, which was as long as his stint as a country star lasted, he won a CMA in many categories, even winning the highest honor of "Entertainer of the Year". The living legend performs live concerts even today. Ricky Skaggs tickets for his upcoming shows are now available.
Q:When will you deliver Ricky Skaggs Tickets?
A:Your Ricky Skaggs Tickets will be delivered as soon as the payment is made and transaction status is complete.