Rebirth Brass Band is among the most well-known New Orleans brass bands, founded in 1983 by Philip Frazier, who is best known for playing sousaphone and tuba. Founding members also include his brother drummer and bassist Keith Ruffins, as well as trumpeter Kermit Ruffins, alongside school marching band members of Joseph S. Clark Senior School in Treme.
- Buy Rebirth Brass Band, Atomic Cowboy Pavilion Tickets for Sat May 30 2020 Rebirth Brass Band, Atomic Cowboy Pavilion, tickets for 05/30 19:00 at Atomic Cowboy Pavilion, St. Louis, MO
- Sat May 30 2020
- Buy Rebirth Brass Band, Echo Tickets for Wed Jun 17 2020 Rebirth Brass Band, Echo, tickets for 06/17 20:00 at Echo, Los Angeles, CA
- Wed Jun 17 2020
- Buy Rebirth Brass Band, Moe's Alley Tickets for Thu Jun 18 2020 Rebirth Brass Band, Moe's Alley, tickets for 06/18 20:30 at Moe's Alley, Santa Cruz, CA
- Thu Jun 18 2020
- Buy Rebirth Brass Band, ACL Live At 3TEN Tickets for Sat Jul 18 2020 Rebirth Brass Band, ACL Live At 3TEN, tickets for 07/18 20:30 at ACL Live At 3TEN, Austin, TX
- Sat Jul 18 2020
- Buy Rebirth Brass Band, Cat's Cradle Tickets for Thu Aug 6 2020 Rebirth Brass Band, Cat's Cradle, tickets for 08/06 20:00 at Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC
- Thu Aug 6 2020
- Buy Rebirth Brass Band, Sweetwater Music Hall Tickets for Sat Aug 15 2020 Rebirth Brass Band, Sweetwater Music Hall, tickets for 08/15 22:00 at Sweetwater Music Hall, Mill Valley, CA
- Sat Aug 15 2020
- Buy North Mississippi Allstars, Rebirth Brass Band & Cedric Burnside, Bergen Performing Arts Center Tickets for Fri Oct 9 2020 North Mississippi Allstars, Rebirth Brass Band & Cedric Burnside, Bergen Performing Arts Center, tickets for 10/09 20:00 at Bergen Performing Arts Center, Englewood, NJ
- Fri Oct 9 2020
- Buy New Orleans Jazz And Heritage Festival: Weekend 1: Foo Fighters, The Who, Lenny Kravitz & The Beach Boys - 4 Day Pass, New Orleans Fair Grounds Tickets for Wed Apr 23 2070 New Orleans Jazz And Heritage Festival: Weekend 1: Foo Fighters, The Who, Lenny Kravitz & The Beach Boys - 4 Day Pass, New Orleans Fair Grounds, tickets for 04/23 TBA at New Orleans Fair Grounds, New Orleans, LA
- Wed Apr 23 2070
The group released their debut studio album on Arhoolie Records in 1984, and five years later came to prominence with a string of released on new record label, Rounder Records. They are known for incorporating New Orleans traditional brass band music with the city’s second line tradition with hip hop, jazz, funk and soul. In 1993, Rebirth and Ruffins split when the latter decided to not accompany the group on their tour across Africa. Later, Ruffins created his own band that gained prominence as the Barbecue Swingers.
Their regular Tuesday night’s longstanding gig at Oak Street’s Maple Leaf Bar in the neighborhood of Carrolton in Uptown New Orleans is among the basic elements of New Orleans’ music, and has proved to be a good introductory source to the nightlife of the city for the various new arrivals there. They are known to frequently tour across Europe and North America.
Their recent released include Rebirth of New Orleans CD, which was issued in 2011 on Basin Street Records and peaked at number one on CMJ Jazz charts, alongside which it also won the band a 2012 Grammy in the category of Best Regional Roots Album. Rebirth Brass Band tickets are hot favorites among brass band music fans.
Their major break came when Allison Miner became their manager in the eighties. It was through her national and international contact network and her involvement with the renowned New Orleans Heritage and Jazz Festival that she could secure the group opportune bookings at some of the most recognized festivals around Europe and the US.
The group’s discography has been extensive even though it started out on the small label, Arhoolie records operated by musicologist Chris Strachwitz. Their discography comprises of Rebirth of New Orleans, 25th Anniversary Album, Never a Dull Moment: Twenty Years of…, Throwback, Rebirth of Life, Ultimate Rebirth Brass Band, Hot Venom, Main Event: At Maple Leaf Live, We Come To Party, Rollin’, Take It To Street, Rebirth Kickin’ It Live, Do Watcha Wanna, Feel Like Funkin’ Up, and Here to Stay.
Rebirth Brass Band has hardly changed it music’s directional course since its inception, and has been creating music on the same formula set by leader Phil Frazier. They mix parade-band protocols with their more ragged and raw aspects of funk and jazz, which is the kind of sound that Frazier also recognized as junk music. They are known to play one big thrill-chasing euphoria one at a time.
In their home city, the band regularly plays Tuesday nights at Maple Leaf, which has a seating capacity similar to that of Brooklyn Bowl stage. The group’s key trademark is their loose precision that is unruly at a granular level but ends up being quite cohesive on the whole. Frazier and his brother, who is the drummer, maintained a rather low, resilient end. Their tenor saxophonist and trombonist Vincent Broussard and Corey Henry stick to the midrange, frequently sparring on fly.
Rebirth Brass Band’s live performances include two trumpeters Derrick Shezbie and Glen Andrews, carry most melodies in resplendent unison or fortified octave. Drummer Derick Tabb, who also joins them in concert, playing second-line rhythms that add to the music’s electrifying motor thrust, all too funky and riveting.
Looking back over their years, it is not the quantity of quality of their albums, though their 2011 release did particularly great on jazz radio charts. It is more about their dedicated cross-section of fans they have attracted. A broad spectrum of ethnic groups and ages find something to relate to in the combination of New Orleans soul, funk jazz and soul with classic R&B characteristic of their sound. The band is preparing to throw a series of truly magical performances so grab some Rebirth Brass Band tickets here.
Rebirth Ticket Prices
Currently the average price for Rebirth tickets is $24. The date and location for this event is 20-Mar-20 at Pegasus Lounge, Tampa. The minimum get-in price for Rebirth tickets is $24.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Michale Graves, Re-Birth, Ethereal Nexus & Brighter Poet - Acoustic Show||Tampa||20-Mar-20||$24||$24|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.