In the turbulent punk rock world of music, Pennywise is a name that always stands out. Pennywise is one of the most important hardcore music bands to appear from the second wave of SoCal punk. Pennywise is a groundbreaking, thriving punk rock group that has been in the music scene for more than twenty five years. The group was made in 1988 when punk was not much popular and metal was ruling all over the music world. The group earned itself an international fan following through persistent touring and is on the road performing in various venues. Pennywise tickets are must to have so that you don’t miss out on all the fun going on in your town as the band hits the stage for a mind blowing concert.
- Pennywise, A Wilhelm Scream & Teenage Bottlerocket Danforth Music Hall Theatre
- Pennywise Gothic Theatre
- Pennywise Irving Plaza (Formerly The Fillmore)
- Pennywise Saint Andrews Hall
- Pennywise Starland Ballroom
- Pennywise, A Wilhelm Scream & Teenage Bottlerocket The Fillmore Silver Spring
- Pennywise Trocadero
- Pennywise, A Wilhelm Scream & Teenage Bottlerocket Varsity Theater - MN
- Pennywise Detroit MI
- Pennywise Englewood CO
- Pennywise Minneapolis MN
- Pennywise New York NY
- Pennywise Philadelphia PA
- Pennywise Sayreville NJ
- Pennywise Silver Spring MD
- Pennywise Toronto ON
Latest Pennywise Events
- Pennywise, Gothic Theatre tickets for 03/14 09:00 PM at Gothic Theatre, Englewood, CO
- Sat Mar 14 2015
- Pennywise, A Wilhelm Scream & Teenage Bottlerocket, Varsity Theater tickets for 03/17 07:00 PM at Varsity Theater, Minneapolis, MN
- Tue Mar 17 2015
- Pennywise, Saint Andrews Hall tickets for 03/20 07:00 PM at Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI
- Fri Mar 20 2015
- Pennywise, A Wilhelm Scream & Teenage Bottlerocket, Danforth Music Hall Theatre tickets for 03/21 07:00 PM at Danforth Music Hall Theatre, Toronto, ON
- Sat Mar 21 2015
- Pennywise, Starland Ballroom tickets for 03/26 06:30 PM at Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
- Thu Mar 26 2015
- Pennywise, Irving Plaza (Formerly The Fillmore) tickets for 03/27 07:00 PM at Irving Plaza (Formerly The Fillmore), New York, NY
- Fri Mar 27 2015
The melodic and high energy musical sound of the band merges tuneful surf punk, classic punk and blistering hardcore of their time. The line-up of Pennywise consists of the lead vocalist Jim Lindberg, Fletcher Dragge is the guitarist and backing vocalist, Randy Bradbury works on the bass and plays guitar while Byron McMackin plays drums. The band members have their own distinct musical style. Their repertoire includes a tidal Californian wave of hardcore and optimistic anthems. The band has solidified its place in the history of punk music. Pennywise came up with an album after every two years, from 1991 to 2005. The discography of Pennywise includes records such as "The Fuse", "About Time", "Unknown Road", "Full Circle", "From the Ashes" and many more. The total albums released by the band count up to ten. The first two records by the group were critically acclaimed; worldwide commercial success was attained by the members in 1995 when the third record, "About Time" came out. The record reached number 96 on the Billboard 200. It also peaked at number fifty five on ARIA Charts of Australia. The ensemble’s majority success was signified with the developing interest in punk rock in 1990s, along with other California bands such as Blink-182, Bad Religion, Sublime, Green Day, The Offspring and Rancid.
By 2007, the group had alone sold more than three million albums worldwide, which made them stand among the most successful punk music acts. The first album by the group instantly circulated all through the punk community and earned the members nation-wide fame. The album’s lyrics endorse a positive attitude of mind, helping support progressive ideals. The style of Pennywise is mostly composed of punk rock while containing elements from various other genres such as metal/crossover thrash, 1990s grunge and alternative rock. The band’s lyrics and songs focus on moral and political wrongs; it is quite seen in the tracks "The Western World" and "Land of the Free". The lyrics also cover a variety of topics such as degradation of society and the country in general with numbers including "Society", "Anyone Listening", "God Save the USA"and "Victim of Reality". There is some level of energy that the audience will feel once Pennywise hits the stage. The drums beat and the guitars blaze as the crowd will tap their feet on the rhythmic beats and melodious tunes. The band has become stronger and more powerful in its style as the punk is now more ferocious than in early 1990s.
Pennywise tickets are must to have in order to watch this wonderful band performing live on stage with the acoustic music and incredible lyricss. With a wonderful set-list, the crowd is sure to dance on the numbers that the group will be performing. So be ready and book Pennywise tickets in advance to save your spot!