Ottmar Liebert Tickets
If you are looking to have some fun this summer then we have just the right thing for you. One of your favorite German musicians is on his way to perform for you live yet again. This is a chance you better not miss. We are talking about the one and only Ottmar Liebert. He is coming to your city for a round of performances loaded with fun, excitement and lots of great music. So hurry up and secure your Ottmar Liebert tickets right away before the best ones run out!
Ottmar Liebert Venues
- Ottmar Liebert B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York
- Ottmar Liebert Birchmere Music Hall
- Ottmar Liebert House Of Blues - Dallas
- Ottmar Liebert House Of Blues - Houston
- Ottmar Liebert House Of Blues - Orlando
- Ottmar Liebert One World Theatre
- Ottmar Liebert Parker Playhouse
- Ottmar Liebert Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Ottmar Liebert Rams Head On Stage
- Ottmar Liebert Saban Theatre (Formerly Wilshire Theatre)
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra Studio Theatre at King Center For The Performing Arts
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra The Aztec Theatre
- Ottmar Liebert The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Ottmar Liebert Variety Playhouse
Ottmar Liebert Cities
Latest Ottmar Liebert Events
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 06/05 07:30 PM Birchmere Music Hall
- Fri Jun 05 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, B.B. King Blues Club & Grill New York tickets for 06/12 08:00 PM B.B. King Blues Club & Grill New York
- Fri Jun 12 2015
- Ottmar Liebert, The Ridgefield Playhouse tickets for 06/13 08:00 PM The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Sat Jun 13 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Studio Theatre at King Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 06/23 08:00 PM Studio Theatre at King Center For The Performing Arts
- Tue Jun 23 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Parker Playhouse tickets for 06/24 08:00 PM Parker Playhouse
- Wed Jun 24 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, House Of Blues Orlando tickets for 06/25 07:00 PM House Of Blues Orlando
- Thu Jun 25 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Ponte Vedra Concert Hall tickets for 06/26 08:00 PM Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Fri Jun 26 2015
- Ottmar Liebert, Variety Playhouse tickets for 06/28 07:30 PM Variety Playhouse
- Sun Jun 28 2015
- Ottmar Liebert, Saban Theatre (Formerly Wilshire Theatre) tickets for 08/01 08:00 PM Saban Theatre (Formerly Wilshire Theatre)
- Sat Aug 01 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, The Aztec Theatre tickets for 08/26 08:30 PM The Aztec Theatre
- Wed Aug 26 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, House Of Blues Dallas tickets for 08/27 08:30 PM House Of Blues Dallas
- Thu Aug 27 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, House Of Blues Houston tickets for 08/28 07:30 PM House Of Blues Houston
- Fri Aug 28 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, One World Theatre tickets for 08/29 07:00 PM One World Theatre
- Sat Aug 29 2015
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, One World Theatre tickets for 08/29 09:30 PM One World Theatre
- Sat Aug 29 2015
Born in Cologne, Germany on the 1st of February, 1959, Ottmar Liebert is not only a great singer but also a very talented composer and guitarist. His music revolves around the genres of bossa nova, jazz, flamenco, neo flamenco and new age. Liebert is signed to a recording company called Higher Octave. He is a Platinum seller and has been nominated for the Grammy Awards.
Liebert started playing the guitar at the age of eleven. He later studied classical guitar at an art school. When he was eighteen years old, he traveled extensively throughout Europe and Asia trying to absorb each musical tradition he encountered. He finally began his music career in Germany, joining different rock ‘n’ roll bands. He is a big fan of Miles Davis, Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin. They have served as a huge inspiration for his music. In the year 1979, he moved to the United States and settled in Boston, where he worked as a dishwasher and messenger cyclist during the day. He dedicated his evenings to music, playing with various jazz funk bands in 1985.
In 1986, when he was traveling to Los Angeles, he stopped in Santa Fe for a couple of weeks to visit a friend. He loved the city’s mix of Anglo, Indian, Spanish, Mexican, Italian, French and Asian cultures and decided to settle there. In Santa Fe, he began playing at restaurants for a living. He then studied the flamenco guitar for six months and by the time he recorded "Nouveau Flamenco," he had practiced that style for a year.
His first album was released in 1989 and it was called Marita: Shadows and Storms. The artist Frank Howell distributed copies of the record in his art galleries. A copy eventually came to a radio station and began to be requested by listeners. The label Higher Octave Music signed Liebert for three albums, the first of which was the same tape re-mastered and re-released nationally in the United States in 1990 as Nouveau Flamenco. This debut record has reached double Platinum for sales and is one of the highest selling guitar albums.
After his subsequent album Squall quickly climbed the charts, Liebert was signed by Epic Records. In 1992, he released his album Just For You, with the collaboration of Carlos Santana in two pieces, including his classic Samba Pa Ti. In the year 2001, he signed a contract with Epic for a decade and released the album Little Wing. That same year, he founded his own record label SSRI (Spiral Subwave Records International).
The music of Ottmar Liebert is hard to categorize, which is much to his liking. However, he has declared himself very comfortable with the label of the New Age genre because it is diverse and undefined. His fans consider his music to be in the style of Nuevo Flamenc, with mixed elements of Flamenco with Jazz, Bossa nova and other genres.
In 1989, he founded his group Luna Negra and has recorded with them since the year 1990. Ottmar Liebert describes Luna Negra as a "rubber band" because it changes with the seasons. Members are always going in and out. The only constant members are Ottmar Liebert and bassist Jon Gagan. Now you can be one of the lucky few who get to witness this musician live in action. Ger your Ottmar Liebert tickets now!