Ottmar Liebert Tickets
If you are looking to have some fun this summer then we have just the right thing for you. One of your favorite German musicians is on his way to perform for you live yet again. This is a chance you better not miss. We are talking about the one and only Ottmar Liebert. He is coming to your city for a round of performances loaded with fun, excitement and lots of great music. So hurry up and secure your Ottmar Liebert tickets right away before the best ones run out!
Ottmar Liebert Venues
- Ottmar Liebert Birchmere Music Hall
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra Harold Shenkman Hall
- Ottmar Liebert Highline Ballroom
- Ottmar Liebert One World Theatre
- Ottmar Liebert Rams Head On Stage
- Ottmar Liebert Saban Theatre
- Ottmar Liebert The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Ottmar Liebert Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
Ottmar Liebert Cities
Latest Ottmar Liebert Events
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Highline Ballroom tickets for 05/08 08:00 PM Highline Ballroom
- Sun May 08 2016
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Harold Shenkman Hall tickets for 05/13 08:00 PM Harold Shenkman Hall
- Fri May 13 2016
- Ottmar Liebert, The Ridgefield Playhouse tickets for 05/20 08:00 PM The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Fri May 20 2016
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center tickets for 05/21 08:00 PM Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
- Sat May 21 2016
- Ottmar Liebert, Rams Head On Stage tickets for 05/22 08:00 PM Rams Head On Stage
- Sun May 22 2016
- Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, Harold Shenkman Hall tickets for 05/28 08:00 PM Harold Shenkman Hall
- Sat May 28 2016
- Ottmar Liebert, Saban Theatre tickets for 09/23 09:00 PM Saban Theatre
- Fri Sep 23 2016
- Ottmar Liebert, One World Theatre tickets for 11/18 07:00 PM One World Theatre
- Fri Nov 18 2016
- Ottmar Liebert, One World Theatre tickets for 11/18 09:30 PM One World Theatre
- Fri Nov 18 2016
Born in Cologne, Germany on the 1st of February, 1959, Ottmar Liebert is not only a great singer but also a very talented composer and guitarist. His music revolves around the genres of bossa nova, jazz, flamenco, neo flamenco and new age. Liebert is signed to a recording company called Higher Octave. He is a Platinum seller and has been nominated for the Grammy Awards.
Liebert started playing the guitar at the age of eleven. He later studied classical guitar at an art school. When he was eighteen years old, he traveled extensively throughout Europe and Asia trying to absorb each musical tradition he encountered. He finally began his music career in Germany, joining different rock ‘n’ roll bands. He is a big fan of Miles Davis, Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin. They have served as a huge inspiration for his music. In the year 1979, he moved to the United States and settled in Boston, where he worked as a dishwasher and messenger cyclist during the day. He dedicated his evenings to music, playing with various jazz funk bands in 1985.
In 1986, when he was traveling to Los Angeles, he stopped in Santa Fe for a couple of weeks to visit a friend. He loved the city’s mix of Anglo, Indian, Spanish, Mexican, Italian, French and Asian cultures and decided to settle there. In Santa Fe, he began playing at restaurants for a living. He then studied the flamenco guitar for six months and by the time he recorded "Nouveau Flamenco," he had practiced that style for a year.
His first album was released in 1989 and it was called Marita: Shadows and Storms. The artist Frank Howell distributed copies of the record in his art galleries. A copy eventually came to a radio station and began to be requested by listeners. The label Higher Octave Music signed Liebert for three albums, the first of which was the same tape re-mastered and re-released nationally in the United States in 1990 as Nouveau Flamenco. This debut record has reached double Platinum for sales and is one of the highest selling guitar albums.
After his subsequent album Squall quickly climbed the charts, Liebert was signed by Epic Records. In 1992, he released his album Just For You, with the collaboration of Carlos Santana in two pieces, including his classic Samba Pa Ti. In the year 2001, he signed a contract with Epic for a decade and released the album Little Wing. That same year, he founded his own record label SSRI (Spiral Subwave Records International).
The music of Ottmar Liebert is hard to categorize, which is much to his liking. However, he has declared himself very comfortable with the label of the New Age genre because it is diverse and undefined. His fans consider his music to be in the style of Nuevo Flamenc, with mixed elements of Flamenco with Jazz, Bossa nova and other genres.
In 1989, he founded his group Luna Negra and has recorded with them since the year 1990. Ottmar Liebert describes Luna Negra as a "rubber band" because it changes with the seasons. Members are always going in and out. The only constant members are Ottmar Liebert and bassist Jon Gagan. Now you can be one of the lucky few who get to witness this musician live in action. Ger your Ottmar Liebert tickets now!