North Carolina Symphony Tickets
With an amalgamation of seventy musicians working full-time, the North Carolina Symphony is one of the most prolific American orchestras ever to have come on stage. The infamous symphony plays out of a town called Raleigh from the great state of North Carolina. A symphony which is complemented by the breath taking piques and choreography of a well established ballet enhances the visual pleasure of any audience. Art in all its forms has a different way of touching those who appreciate it. The symphony is a notch above its normal extravagance when it plays with the Carolina Ballet or on special occasions with the Opera Company of North Carolina. Presently the orchestra performs from one of the most well known halls in Raleigh, called the Meymandi Concert Hall. This hall is a mixture of renaissance and modern luxury. The orchestra has now been playing for eighty one years and its platinum jubilee celebrations where viewed by millions across the globe. The entire schedule for the orchestra is quite elaborate with performances across the state of North Carolina. They start from Durham and make their way to Jacksonville while perform at regular venues in Chapel Hill, Southern Pines, Fayetteville and Wilmington on the way.
North Carolina Symphony Venues
- North Carolina Symphony: Carlos Izcaray - Holst's The Planets Cape Fear Community College's Wilson Center
- North Carolina Symphony & Triangle Youth Ballet: David Glover - An Afternoon of Dr. Seuss Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Meymandi Concert Hall
- North Carolina Symphony: Themes From The Movies Dunn Center For The Performing Arts
- North Carolina Symphony Kennedy Center Concert Hall
- North Carolina Symphony Robert E Lee Auditorium
North Carolina Symphony Cities
Latest North Carolina Symphony Events
- North Carolina Symphony: Grant Llewellyn - Dvorak Symphony No. 5, Robert E Lee Auditorium tickets for 09/30 08:00 PM at Robert E Lee Auditorium, Southern Pines, NC
- Fri Sep 30 2016
- North Carolina Symphony: Themes From The Movies, Dunn Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 10/04 07:30 PM at Dunn Center For The Performing Arts, Rocky Mount, NC
- Tue Oct 04 2016
- North Carolina Symphony: David Glover - Blockbuster Film Scores, Robert E Lee Auditorium tickets for 10/13 08:00 PM at Robert E Lee Auditorium, Southern Pines, NC
- Thu Oct 13 2016
- North Carolina Symphony: Christopher James Lees - The Music of Star Wars, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Meymandi Concert Hall tickets for 10/29 01:00 PM at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Meymandi Concert Hall, Raleigh, NC
- Sat Oct 29 2016
- North Carolina Symphony: Christopher James Lees - The Music of Star Wars, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Meymandi Concert Hall tickets for 10/29 04:00 PM at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Meymandi Concert Hall, Raleigh, NC
- Sat Oct 29 2016
- North Carolina Symphony: Christopher James Lees - The Music of Star Wars, Cape Fear Community College's Wilson Center tickets for 10/30 03:00 PM at Cape Fear Community College's Wilson Center, Wilmington, NC
- Sun Oct 30 2016
- North Carolina Symphony: Jeannette Sorrell - Bach's Double Violin Concerto, Robert E Lee Auditorium tickets for 11/12 08:00 PM at Robert E Lee Auditorium, Southern Pines, NC
- Sat Nov 12 2016
- North Carolina Symphony: David Glover - A Kids' Christmas, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts - Meymandi Concert Hall tickets for 11/23 03:00 PM at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Meymandi Concert Hall, Raleigh, NC
- Wed Nov 23 2016
The inauguration of this orchestra in the early thirties was a humble affair. With only a hundred ticket sales for their first show and unknown musicians on the instruments, critics believed the orchestra would not last a year. The dedication and classical performances of the symphony held it together even during the trying times of the Second World War. Under the auspices of Lamar Stringfield the orchestra continued to prosper as a family and won laurels for themselves where ever they performed.
Lamar Stringfield was in love with music from a very early age. He would constantly be jolted out of music halls and theatres for being too young to watch something as aristocratic as the opera. Nothing lulled his ambitions and he continued to dream of making it big in the industry some day. After dropping out of school and learning a variety of different instruments, Lamar had a brilliant idea. Over the years he had come across some amazing musicians who were either unknown or did not have the funds to continue pursuing their dreams. Lamar finally mustered enough volunteers to make his dream a reality and also provide a stepping stone for many future aspiring musicians. Thus, in the Spring of 1932, the North Carolina Symphony came into being.
A decade into its journey to fame, the orchestra introduced its education program. This program was initiated after the orchestra was officially recognized and became the first ever orchestra in the history of the United States to receive state funding. Children from all backgrounds were invited for familiarizations tours and were given an insight on the lives of musicians and different people who worked behind the curtains. The children exposed to this program were given an option to take on lessons and encouraged to look at this field as a lucrative profession. The efforts of the orchestra have been so fruitful that to this day it continues to receive funding from the state.
The North Carolina Symphony plays many genres of music yet its main focus has always been revolving around classical themes. The orchestra has performed a wide array of local folk music by incorporating local talents in their performances. The induction of cherokee flutists, clogging and banjo players was another milestone initiated by the orchestra. At present the orchestra is directed by world class music director Grant Llewellyn and Gerhardt Zimmerman is the conductor laureate. You can now be a part of an event that will feature the orchestra perform live. The North Carolina Symphony tickets are a fantastic way for you to enjoy one of the most celebrated orchestra’s in the country play in a live music show.
Get hold of your North Carolina Symphony tickets today and experience a phenomenal ensemble of orchestra perform live in one of the greatest shows ever.
Q:I just lost my North Carolina Symphony Tickets! what can be done?
A:We are very sorry to know that you have lost your North Carolina Symphony Tickets. However we do not deal in lost tickets. You will have to buy new ones.