Night of Stars Tickets
The Night of Stars is a weekend festival held by the NBA. It is held during the middle of the regular season and no games are scheduled during this period. The Night of Stars showcases various basketball events in which retired players along with current players participate. It consists of solo performances, exhibitions and team competitions. Last year the game was held in New Orleans, Louisiana. This time the Saturday night festivities will be held in New York at the Barclays Center, the home of the Brooklyn Nets. The Night of Stars is part of the All Star Weekend, which concludes with the All Star game on Sunday night. Get Night of stars tickets and watch the famous names in basketball show off their skills.
Latest Night of Stars Events
- Vans Warped Tour, Shoreline Amphitheatre - CA, tickets for 08/06 11:00AM at Shoreline Amphitheatre - CA, Mountain View, CA
- Sat Aug 6 2016
- Vans Warped Tour, Fairplex At Pomona, tickets for 08/07 11:00AM at Fairplex At Pomona, Pomona, CA
- Sun Aug 7 2016
- Vans Warped Tour, Hard Rock Live - Las Vegas, tickets for 08/09 2:00PM at Hard Rock Live - Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
- Tue Aug 9 2016
- Vans Warped Tour, Outdoor Amphitheater At Ford Idaho Center , tickets for 08/11 1:00PM at Outdoor Amphitheater At Ford Idaho Center , Nampa, ID
- Thu Aug 11 2016
- Vans Warped Tour, White River Amphitheatre, tickets for 08/12 11:00AM at White River Amphitheatre, Auburn, WA
- Fri Aug 12 2016
- Vans Warped Tour, Portland Expo Center, tickets for 08/13 11:00AM at Portland Expo Center, Portland, OR
- Sat Aug 13 2016
- Buzz Under The Stars: Death Cab For Cutie, Chvrches & Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Providence Medical Center Amphitheater, tickets for 09/15 6:00PM at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater, Bonner Springs, KS
- Thu Sep 15 2016
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, tickets for 01/24 7:30PM at Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, Houston, TX
- Tue Jan 24 2017
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, tickets for 01/25 7:30PM at Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, Houston, TX
- Wed Jan 25 2017
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, tickets for 01/26 7:30PM at Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, Houston, TX
- Thu Jan 26 2017
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, tickets for 01/27 8:00PM at Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, Houston, TX
- Fri Jan 27 2017
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, tickets for 01/28 2:00PM at Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, Houston, TX
- Sat Jan 28 2017
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, tickets for 01/28 8:00PM at Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, Houston, TX
- Sat Jan 28 2017
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, tickets for 01/29 2:00PM at Sarofim Hall - Hobby Center, Houston, TX
- Sun Jan 29 2017
The Night of Stars has many events lined up for basketball lovers. Saturday night’s events include the Shooting Stars Competition, the sharpshooting Three-Point Contest, the Skills Challenge and the crowd favorite, the Slam Dunk Contest. Frequented by many big names of various sports and the showbiz industry, the Night of Stars attracts spectators from all over the country. Get Night of stars tickets and watch the spectacular show get underway at the Barclays Center in New York City.
The Shooting Star competition features three participants from every team. Out of the three, one participant should be a current player in the NBA, one should be a current player in the WNBA while the last participant can be a retired player. Prior to 2013, players represented their team’s cities. In 2013, the rules changed to allow the current NBA player to pick a team of his choice. The team has to complete shots from four locations of increasing difficulty. The shots have to be in sequential order and have to be done as quickly as possible, since the competition is time based. The first shot is the easiest, a 10-ft bank shot from a right angle. The fourth shot is the most difficult and usually takes the longest time to complete; a half-court shot. Team Bosch consisting of Chris Bosh, Swin Cash and Dominique Wilkins became the first team to be crowned back to back champions. In 2013, they won with a time of eighty nine seconds and in 2014 they completed the shots in just over thirty one seconds.
The skills challenge contest is a pair task, which tests passing, shooting ability and ball control. The first players has to score a lay-up and navigate across the court, which has obstacles placed. After passing the ball through a target, the player takes a jump shot from twenty feet, at the other end. After scoring, he has to go back to his half and pass the ball to his team member, who completes the cycle again. The team with the fastest time advances to the next round. A team from the West Conference meets a team from the East Conference in the final stage of this contest. Last year Trey Burke and Damian Lillard from the Western Conference won the competition by a margin of one millisecond, after Victor Oladipo and Michael Carter-Williams finished their round in forty five point three seconds. Lillard equaled the record of Steve Nash and Dwyane Wade, after he won his second title.
The three point shootout is the third event of the All Star Night. It is a solo event, where contestants have to score as many three pointer as they can from five positions. Contestant start shooting from one corner and then move from station to station until they reach the opposite corner. One minute is allotted to complete the shots. Players can shoot the orange ball for one point, or the ‘money ball’ for two points. In the last edition of the three point shootout, a new rack consisting of only money balls was introduced. Marco Belinelli of the San Antonio Spurs, will defend his title as the All Star Night commences.
The Slam Dunk Contest is one of the most thrilling contest in the NBA All Star Night. The rules are simple, fans vote for the best dunk and the player with the highest scores go to the next round. The contestants dunk the ball in spectacular ways to get the highest score. The adrenaline pumping, high flying action gets the crowd cheering with every dunk. The slam dunk contest is remembered for performances from Michael ‘Air’ Jordan, Dominique Wilkins and Jason Richardson who have scored the perfect sore of fifty many times. Jordan with his signature dunk takeoffs, from the free-throw line has got a score of fifty six times, while Wilkins and Richardson have got the perfect score five times each.
The New York Nicks and the Brooklyn Nets will be co-hosts of this years All Star Weekend. While the NBA All Star game will be played in Madison Square Garden, hosted at the home of the Nets, the Saturday night events will take place in the Brooklyn Center. Tens of thousands of spectators will come to the City, which is the sport’s biggest stage. So get Night of stars tickets and don’t miss the chance to catch all the action live.