Nathaniel Rateliff Tickets
There have been many developments in the music world over the last few years. However one of the biggest has been the emergence of Nathaniel Rateliff, one of the most underappreciated and most talented musicians in the country today. He has been part of the industry for quite a while and has released several albums to date, some as a solo artist and once as part of a group called ‘The Wheel.’ In 2015 he formed his latest band, called the ‘Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats’ and they also released their debut self-titled album later that year. If you want to watch them on stage as well, then get your Nathaniel Rateliff tickets and enjoy the performance, live.
Nathaniel Rateliff Venues
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats Atlanta Coliseum
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats Egyptian Room At Old National Centre
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats First Avenue
- Nathaniel Rateliff Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats New Daisy Theatre
- Nathaniel Rateliff Ogden Theatre
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats Peoria Expo Garden
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats The Pageant
Nathaniel Rateliff Cities
Latest Nathaniel Rateliff Events
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, Atlanta Coliseum tickets for 12/02 08:00 PM at Atlanta Coliseum, Duluth, GA
- Fri Dec 02 2016
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, New Daisy Theatre tickets for 12/03 08:00 PM at New Daisy Theatre, Memphis, TN
- Sat Dec 03 2016
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, The Pageant tickets for 12/04 08:00 PM at The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
- Sun Dec 04 2016
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, First Avenue tickets for 12/06 08:00 PM at First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
- Tue Dec 06 2016
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, Egyptian Room At Old National Centre tickets for 12/08 08:00 PM at Egyptian Room At Old National Centre, Indianapolis, IN
- Thu Dec 08 2016
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, Peoria Expo Garden tickets for 12/09 07:00 PM at Peoria Expo Garden, Peoria, IL
- Fri Dec 09 2016
- Nathaniel Rateliff, Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom tickets for 12/11 08:00 PM at Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR
- Sun Dec 11 2016
Music is one of the very few things in the world that are certain to go through a transformation every few years. During the seventies hard rock bands could be found everywhere, while the eighties were all about the development of R&B and pop. Since that time quite a few more changes have taken place, and today the focus seems to have shifted to making songs that incorporate different genres into one. As a result several artists have found prominence in recent years, including the up and coming Nathaniel Rateliff, one of the most gifted musicians in the industry today.
In the Beginning
Rateliff was born in 1978 and his early upbringing was at great odds with his life today. His parents were devout Christians, who would go to the church regularly and passed this habit on to their children as well. Both of them would also frequently perform at the church, his mom writing hymns and playing the guitar, while his father would provide the harmony and play the harmonica. As soon as their children were old enough, they would also join the family in their performances and were taught to play musical instruments, which in Nathaniel’s case were the drums.
At this time no one in the household was allowed to even listen to ‘secular music’ and it wasn’t until Rateliff found a Led Zeppelin record hidden in his garage that his journey of musical awakening began. Soon after he started learning to play the guitar and by his early teenage years he had become quite adept at it. He also started writing his own songs and found his interest in school waning. At the age of sixteen he decided to drop out and got a job at a plastics factory, before travelling to Denver on a mission for his church.
It was around this time that Rateliff decided to take a break from his mission. He got menial jobs, worked as a trucker and eventually became a gardener. He also got married around this time, but he never gave up on his music and formed the band ‘Born in the Flood’ with his childhood friend, guitarist Joseph Pope. Pope would initially sing most of their songs, however after Nathaniel became more comfortable performing live, he started taking more control and eventually formed another band called the ‘The Wheel.’ They started touring extensively and even released an album, titled “Desire and Dissolving Men” in 2007.
The Wheel became quite successful in the underground music world and soon Rateliff was spotted by recording executives, who offered him a solo contract. He started working on his debut record and soon released “In Memory of Loss” in 2010. It was widely acclaimed and led to quite a bit of fame for the talented singer, who even went out on tour as a result. Its 2013 follow up, titled “Falling Faster than You Can Run” however did not fare as well and he had to release it on an independent label himself. One last solo effort followed, when he released “Closer” in 2015. Even though it received favorable reviews, Rateliff realized he would need a group if he wanted to make the music he was interested in.
As Far up as Possible
Rateliff formed the ‘Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats’ in 2015 and they released their debut, self titled album later that year. It made quite a mark but it was their performance at the “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” that really put them on the map. The record made it to number seventeen on the Billboard charts and topped the US Folk Albums charts. It also went to the top five of the US Top Alternative Albums and the US Top Rock Albums charts. Its lead single “S.O.B” was certified gold.
Now this amazing up and coming artist has announced plans to head out on tour and if you’re interested in seeing what the hype is all about, then you can be a part of the ride too. Just get your Nathaniel Rateliff tickets and watch him and his band, live in concert.