Marc Cohn Tickets
The sensational folk-rock star of the 90s, Marc Cohn is back with his latest album. Best known for his hit number, “Walking in Memphis” Marc is ready to tour several venues across the U.S including shows in Saint Louis, San Juan, Agoura Hills and Norfolk. He has an instantly recognizable tone which makes his music unique. With your Marc Cohn tickets you can enjoy an exciting concert by the artist as he makes a comeback to the live stage.
Marc Cohn Venues
- Marc Cohn Amaturo Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts
- Marc Cohn Buckman Performing Arts Center
- Marc Cohn Canyon Club - CA
- Marc Cohn Fox Theatre - Tucson
- Marc Cohn Franklin Theatre
- Marc Cohn Infinity Hall - Hartford
- Marc Cohn Infinity Hall - Norfolk
- Marc Cohn Paramount Theatre - Austin, TX
- Marc Cohn Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Marc Cohn Sheldon Concert Hall
- Marc Cohn The Rose - Pasadena
Marc Cohn Cities
Latest Marc Cohn Events
- Marc Cohn, Buckman Performing Arts Center tickets for 10/15 08:00 PM at Buckman Performing Arts Center, Memphis, TN
- Sat Oct 15 2016
- Marc Cohn, Infinity Hall - Hartford tickets for 10/28 08:30 PM at Infinity Hall Hartford, Hartford, CT
- Fri Oct 28 2016
- Marc Cohn, Infinity Hall - Norfolk tickets for 10/29 08:00 PM at Infinity Hall Norfolk, Norfolk, CT
- Sat Oct 29 2016
- Marc Cohn, Paramount Theatre - Austin, TX tickets for 11/15 08:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Austin, TX, Austin, TX
- Tue Nov 15 2016
- Marc Cohn, Sheldon Concert Hall tickets for 11/18 08:00 PM at Sheldon Concert Hall, St. Louis, MO
- Fri Nov 18 2016
- Marc Cohn, Franklin Theatre tickets for 11/19 08:00 PM at Franklin Theatre, Franklin, TN
- Sat Nov 19 2016
- Marc Cohn, Canyon Club - CA tickets for 02/02 09:00 PM at Canyon Club CA, Agoura Hills, CA
- Thu Feb 02 2017
- Marc Cohn, Ponte Vedra Concert Hall tickets for 03/01 08:00 PM at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Wed Mar 01 2017
- Marc Cohn, Amaturo Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 03/05 07:00 PM at Amaturo Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sun Mar 05 2017
The Ohio born singer and songwriter lost both his parents at a young age. As a teenager, Marc became interested in the renowned music voices of his generation which included 70s legends like Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Jackson Browne and Von Morrison. He was somewhat of a child prodigy and started writing songs and playing the guitar while still in junior high school. During his time at college he became a self-taught pianist and later on after transferring to the University of California in Los Angeles, he started playing at the popular steakhouses and coffeeshops of the locale.
Afterwards Cohn moved to New York and started to record songs for various artists like Leiber and Stoller and Jimmy Web. He was initially a backup artist and worked his way up the chain by establishing his very own ensemble, Supreme Court, which was a fourteen member band. This group gained a modest following due to its unique spin on popular tunes. Among their fans was the famed 70s singer, Carly Simon who recommended the band to play at Caroline Kennedy’s wedding in 1986.
During 1989, Cohn was the backup pianist for Tracy Chapman. In the same year the big break finally came for Marc when he sent a demo tape to Atlantic Records featuring himself on vocals and piano. The company’s executives were immensely impressed and this led to his first contract with the label. Cohn released his self-titled debut album in 1991. The album was a massive hit and one of its songs, "Walking in Memphis" reached the 13th spot on the Billboard Hot 100. The sales for this record also reached a Platinum status and Cohn subsequently won the Grammy Award for "Best New Artist."
His second attempt "The Rainy Season" was a thematic follow up to his debut album and included guest appearances from notable stars like Bonnie Raitt, Graham Nash and David Crosby. This record managed to clinch the 63rd position on the Billboard 200 chart and its single "Walk Through the World" reached the 28th spot in the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks list. During most of the early 90s, Cohn embarked on tours around the world including a trip to Australia with Bonnie.
After taking a few years off from the musical scene, Marc returned with his album "Burning the Daze" in 1998 and it successfully made it to the Billboard 200. Following the release of his third studio effort, the singer lent vocals to recordings by Rodney Crowell, Shawn Colvin and Roseanne Cash. His 2007 album "Join the Parade" is widely regarded as his strongest album to date. It was followed by more than 150 shows in various cities across the U.S.
Cohn combines the urge of a soul man with the precision of a dazzling tunesmith. His songs tell a story and his music is warm and charming. Over the years he has managed to produce classic hits like "Silver Thunderbird", "Walking in Memphis", "True Companion" and numerous others. The latest album by the artist "Listening Booth: 1970" is a collaborative effort with long-time friend and Grammy Award winner John Leventhal. In this record he has creatively transformed songs from artists like Smokey Robinson, Van Morrison, John Lennon, Cat Stevens and Paul McCartney.
Cohn is ready to share his inspirations, memories and all his music experiences in his string of upcoming concerts. Get your Marc Cohn tickets and get ready for a mesmerizing concert experience.