Kix is a heavy metal band from Maryland. They rose to fame in the 1980s as a touring band, and in the early 1990s as recording artists. After spending many years in hiatus, they regrouped in 2003 and began to tour again. Their recent appearances have been the ones at the “M3 Rock Festival” in 2011 which took place in their home state and the “Rocklahoma Festival” in which they performed in 2008. The band has taken on to performing live once more for this year, so do not miss out of Kix tickets.
- Buy Kix, Union Jack's British Pub Tickets for 02/28 08:00 PM Kix, Union Jack's British Pub tickets for 02/28 08:00 PM at Union Jack's British Pub, Annapolis, MD
- Fri Feb 28 2020
- Buy Kix, Union Jack's British Pub Tickets for 02/29 08:00 PM Kix, Union Jack's British Pub tickets for 02/29 08:00 PM at Union Jack's British Pub, Annapolis, MD
- Sat Feb 29 2020
- Buy Kix, Amos' Southend Tickets for 03/14 08:00 PM Kix, Amos' Southend tickets for 03/14 08:00 PM at Amos' Southend, Charlotte, NC
- Sat Mar 14 2020
- Buy Kix, The Vault Music Hall & Pub at Greasy Luck Tickets for 04/04 08:30 PM Kix, The Vault Music Hall & Pub at Greasy Luck tickets for 04/04 08:30 PM at The Vault Music Hall & Pub at Greasy Luck, New Bedford, MA
- Sat Apr 04 2020
- Buy Kix, Starland Ballroom Tickets for 04/10 06:00 PM Kix, Starland Ballroom tickets for 04/10 06:00 PM at Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
- Fri Apr 10 2020
- Buy Kix, XL Live Tickets for 04/11 09:00 PM Kix, XL Live tickets for 04/11 09:00 PM at XL Live, Harrisburg, PA
- Sat Apr 11 2020
- Buy Slaughter & Kix, The Ballroom at Warehouse Live Tickets for 05/22 07:00 PM Slaughter & Kix, The Ballroom at Warehouse Live tickets for 05/22 07:00 PM at The Ballroom at Warehouse Live, Houston, TX
- Fri May 22 2020
- Buy Kix, Gas Monkey Bar n Grill Tickets for 05/23 08:00 PM Kix, Gas Monkey Bar n Grill tickets for 05/23 08:00 PM at Gas Monkey Bar n Grill, Dallas, TX
- Sat May 23 2020
- Buy Kix, Penns Peak Tickets for 06/19 08:00 PM Kix, Penns Peak tickets for 06/19 08:00 PM at Penns Peak, Jim Thorpe, PA
- Fri Jun 19 2020
- Buy Last in Line & Kix, Arcada Theatre Tickets for 09/11 08:00 PM Last in Line & Kix, Arcada Theatre tickets for 09/11 08:00 PM at Arcada Theatre, Saint Charles, IL
- Fri Sep 11 2020
Kix was formed in 1977 by three young men, Ronnie Younkins, Donnie Purnell and Brian Forsythe. They spent much of their earliest years simply jamming together and writing songs. By 1981, they had collected enough material to put out a full length album, a self titled number. It consisted of songs like "Heartache", "The Itch", "Atomic Bombs" and "The Kid". The song in particular that was very popular with the concert audiences was "Love at First Sight". They became known for their cheeky rock n roll style that emulated the glam fad of their era. Another one of their top concert songs and which later turned out to be their most popular track of all time, was "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah". Whenever they would perform the song live, Whiteman, the lead singer would add in a spontaneous vocal performance to make it more interesting for their fans. Each version was different to the next; their biggest fans began to keep track of versions and this became somewhat of a meme.
The band also went through a number of name changes in their early days. When they initially began, they went for "Shooze" as the group’s name. As they got more serious as performers, they went with a rockier sounding "Generators". Ultimately, they settled for Kix. During the 1960s, there were two common breakfast cereals, "Kix", and "Trix". This is where the inspiration for the name came from. The latter product had a mascot in their commercials who was always told, "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!" Later on, the band released a track called "Kix Are for Kids", merging the slogans of both brands of cereal.
Once they had their own material, they managed to become locally famous. They were the favorite heavy metal act of Baltimore and had become widely known in their home state as the most exciting cover artists. It was in 1981 finally that they were signed onto a major label, Atlantic Records. By this time, the official lineup of the band was Steve Whiteman as the lead singer, Ronnie Younkins as the guitarist who also went by his stage name 10/10, Brian Forsythe, also the guitarist, and Jimmy Chalfant as the drummer. The creative mastermind behind the band was the bass player, Donnie Purnell. In order to let their names be known, they started to play at every club near them for six days a week. They kept this routine consistently for three years before they started to get recognized and had gathered a significant fan base. This is what led to their record deal—the fact that they already had a built in following and that they were proficient live performers. Once they had released their album, they travelled to the East Coast, carrying on the same methods of performing at every local club or places with open mic nights.
Their follow up album came in 1984 and was called "Cool Kids". With this record, their approach was to go a bit more commercial so they could attract a larger audience. The first single from this album was "Body Talk" which met with a lot of controversy. Heavy metal fans reckoned the track was written to please the label and compromised the true sound to appear more mainstream and get more radio play. This was accentuated by the fact that the music video for the song was just as commercial. The band however quickly reiterated their original sound with the other tracks "Mighty Mouth" and "Restless Blood", getting back in their fans good graces.
Since then, the band has dispersed and regrouped twice but has preserved the sound they first sought out to create. In August of 2012, it was announced that they had been signed to "Frontiers Records". Thus, they will be going on tour to perform their newest songs and promote their album; Kix tickets have already hit the market.
Kix Tour Dates 2020 & Concerts
Nothing beats the joy of watching your favorite music artist perform live! Kix's concert dates are out and fans are looking forward to the upcoming shows. The next concert will be held in Annapolis at the Union Jack's British Pub on 28-Feb-20, while the last available date is for the event scheduled for Jim Thorpe at the Penns Peak on 19-Jun-20. For complete information regarding dates and venues, please visit our website.
|Kix||Union Jack's British Pub||Annapolis, MD||Fri Feb 28 202008:00 PM|
|Kix||Union Jack's British Pub||Annapolis, MD||Sat Feb 29 202008:00 PM|
|Kix||Amos' Southend||Charlotte, NC||Sat Mar 14 202008:00 PM|
|Kix||The Vault Music Hall & Pub at Greasy Luck||New Bedford, MA||Sat Apr 04 202008:30 PM|
|Kix||Starland Ballroom||Sayreville, NJ||Fri Apr 10 202006:00 PM|
|Kix||XL Live||Harrisburg, PA||Sat Apr 11 202009:00 PM|
|Slaughter & Kix||The Ballroom at Warehouse Live||Houston, TX||Fri May 22 202007:00 PM|
|Kix||Gas Monkey Bar n Grill||Dallas, TX||Sat May 23 202008:00 PM|
|Kix||Penns Peak||Jim Thorpe, PA||Fri Jun 19 202008:00 PM|
|Last in Line & Kix||Arcada Theatre||Saint Charles, IL||Fri Sep 11 202008:00 PM|
Kix Ticket Prices
The average price for Kix Tickets start from $44. The minimum get in price is $31 for Kix Tickets at the XL Live, Harrisburg. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Slaughter & Kix||Houston||22-May-20||$106||$36|
|Last in Line & Kix||Saint Charles||11-Sep-20||$153||$67|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.
Q:Can i exchange vegas concert 6 2 12 with another date?
A:No, as per the company policy, we cannot exchange Kix Tickets with another date. You'll have to get new ones.