John Williams Tickets
John Williams Tickets
The legendary John Williams is an American conductor, composer and pianist. He is recognized by many as the best film composer ever. He is known for his musical scores in many Hollywood blockbusters and mega budget films. Watch the winner of 21 Grammy Awards perform live by purchasing John Williams tickets online today
John Williams Venues
- John Williams HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
- John Williams Marymoor Amphitheatre
- A Tribute to John Williams: Music From Harry Potter Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- John Williams Tanglewood
- Concert of Film Music - John Williams Torwar
- John Williams Wolf Trap
John Williams Cities
Latest John Williams Events
- San Antonio Symphony: The Music Of John Williams, HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts tickets for 05/22 08:00 PM at HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, TX
- Fri May 22 2015
- San Antonio Symphony: The Music Of John Williams, HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts tickets for 05/23 08:00 PM at HEB Performance Hall At Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, TX
- Sat May 23 2015
- A Tribute to John Williams: Music From Harry Potter, Meyerhoff Symphony Hall tickets for 05/30 03:00 PM at Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Baltimore, MD
- Sat May 30 2015
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra: The Movie Music of John Williams, Marymoor Amphitheatre tickets for 06/24 07:30 PM at Marymoor Amphitheatre, Redmond, WA
- Wed Jun 24 2015
- National Symphony Orchestra: The Music of John Williams, Wolf Trap tickets for 08/08 08:15 PM at Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA
- Sat Aug 08 2015
- John Williams' Film Night, Tanglewood Music Center tickets for 08/22 08:30 PM at Tanglewood Music Center, Lenox, MA
- Sat Aug 22 2015
John Williams was born in New York and is the son of Jonny Williams, who was a jazz percussionist working alongside Raymond Scott. He studied music privately with the talented composer Mari Castelnuovo-Tedesco. He initially arranged and conducted music for The US Air Force Band after he joined the US Air Force in 1952. His piano teacher was Rosina Lhevinne in 1955 and he started working as a pianist shortly after. He performed in various clubs and studios during which he worked with many renowned artists of that time.
Williams has worked with Bernard Hermann, Franz Waxman and Alfred Newman as an orchestrator quite early in his career. He worked and performed various films scores as a studio pianist with Elmer Berstein, Jerry Goldsmith and Henry Mancini. He worked on the music of Peter Gunn, Charade and Days of Wine and Roses.
His very first composition was for the 1958 film Daddy-O. He was credited on screen for the first time in 1960 for his work on Because They’re Young. He gained recognition for being able to compose in piano, symphonic music and jazz. He was nominated for an Academy Award for his work on Valley of the Dolls. He won his first Academy Award through the 1971 film Fiddler on the Roof.
He was appointed by Steven Spielberg in 1974 to compose music for the film The Sugarland Express. Spielberg liked his compositions and hired him again to compose for the film Jaws. Williams won his second Academy Award due to his work on Jaws and he stated that this film ‘jumpstarted his career’.
Williams was later involved in the film Star Wars directed by George Lucas, Spielberg’s friend. He provided his symphonic compositions for the 1977 blockbuster. ‘Luke’s Theme’ and ‘Force Theme’ are one the most recognized themes in the history of movie entertainment. The film along with its music was a huge commercial success and got Williams the Academy Award for Best Original Score.
He worked on the 1978 high budget film Superman. His score ‘Can You Read My Mind’ was used in four sequels. His theme for Indiana Jones in the 1981 film ‘Raider of the Lost Ark’ set the character in motion by providing Indiana Jones his own unique theme. His success continued in sequel films of Indiana Jones.
His compositions for the Star Wars trilogy continued in 1999 when he composed music for The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. ‘Duel of the Fates’ was highly appreciated as it included a mix of Sanskrit lyrics that expanded the Star Wars music.
The new millennium saw Williams work on Harry Potter which is J.K. Rowling’s renowned series of books. He scored for the first three films of the franchise and the main theme from the films gained significant recognition. The films were recognized due to the music provided by Williams. He returned to the Superman franchise with Superman Returns which was released in 2006. He did not compose music for the film, but the theme that he created for previous films was used in it.
He returned to compose for Steven Spielberg after a three year absence with the movie The Adventure of Tintin which was released in 2011. War Horse was released the same year and brought the composer back. The scores received Oscar nominations and Golden Globe nominations. He won the Annie Award in 2012 for his work on The Adventure of Tintin. He received his 48th Academy Award nomination when he produced music for Lincoln in 2012.
He worked with the Young Musician’s Foundation Debut Orchestra in 2013 and is all set to work on the Star Wars sequel trilogy.
John Williams is one of the best composers of all time and you can watch the legend perform live by purchasing John Williams tickets. Don’t miss a chance to watch one of the best musicians of the world perform live.
Q:Are you offering boston pops john williams june 1 2015 tickets on discounted rates?
A:Yes, the discount offer is active on John Williams Tickets. Check out the instructions and place the order right away.