Jennifer Nettles is believed to be among some of the leading female singers, songwriters and musicians in the United States. She gained fame as the lead vocalist of the Sugarland duo and is an expert player of instruments such as harmonica, mandolin, guitar and flute. She started playing the piano and composing tunes at a very early age and used to sing for her school assemblies, church radio and community theatre. She has produced various hit albums and continues to perform all over the world. †This brilliant artist is now coming for some amazing concerts in your city so wait no more and book your Jennifer Nettles tickets now.†
- Jennifer-Nettles Britt Festivals Gardens And Amphitheater
- Jennifer-Nettles Chastain Park Amphitheatre
- Jennifer-Nettles Fort Knox Godman Airfield
- Jennifer-Nettles INB Performing Arts Center
- Jennifer-Nettles Los Angeles County Fair
- Jennifer-Nettles Puyallup Fairgrounds
- Jennifer Nettles Reaves Arena
- Jennifer Nettles South Carolina State Fair
- Jennifer-Nettles Vina Robles Amphitheater
- Jennifer-Nettles Wells Fargo Center for the Arts - Ruth Finley Person Theater
Latest Jennifer-Nettles Events
- Darius Rucker & Jennifer Nettles, Fort Knox Godman Airfield tickets for 08/30 06:30 PM at Fort Knox Godman Airfield, Fort Knox, KY
- Sat Aug 30 2014
- Jennifer Nettles, Chastain Park Amphitheatre tickets for 08/31 07:00 PM at Chastain Park Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA
- Sun Aug 31 2014
- Jennifer Nettles & Brandy Clark, Britt Festivals Gardens And Amphitheater tickets for 09/06 07:30 PM at Britt Festivals Gardens And Amphitheater, Medford, OR
- Sat Sep 06 2014
- Jennifer Nettles, Inb Performing Arts Center tickets for 09/07 08:00 PM at Inb Performing Arts Center, Spokane, WA
- Sun Sep 07 2014
- Jennifer Nettles, Puyallup Fairgrounds tickets for 09/08 07:30 PM at Puyallup Fairgrounds, Puyallup, WA
- Mon Sep 08 2014
- Jennifer Nettles, Wells Fargo Center for the Arts - Ruth Finley Person Theater tickets for 09/11 08:00 PM at Wells Fargo Center for the Arts Ruth Finley Person Theater, Santa Rosa, CA
- Thu Sep 11 2014
- Jennifer Nettles, Vina Robles Amphitheater tickets for 09/13 08:00 PM at Vina Robles Amphitheater, Paso Robles, CA
- Sat Sep 13 2014
- Jennifer Nettles & Brandy Clark, Los Angeles County Fair tickets for 09/14 07:30 PM at Los Angeles County Fair, Pomona, CA
- Sun Sep 14 2014
- Jennifer Nettles, South Carolina State Fair tickets for 10/10 07:00 PM at South Carolina State Fair, Columbia, SC
- Fri Oct 10 2014
Jennifer Nettles graduated from the Agnes Scott College in Sociology and Anthropology in 1997. She also remained an active member of Clovers and Company, which was a performing arts organization in Georgia. While she was studying at college, she met Cory Jones and formed the group called Soul Minerís Daughter. At that time, Cory Jones was studying at Georgia University. The band released two albums. In 1996, they issued the Sacred and Profane followed by the 1998 release, Hallelujah.
The songs of these albums were jointly written and composed by Jennifer and Jones. Jennifer created the Jennifer Nettles band in 1999. They recorded first 2 live and then 3 studio albums. Besides Jennifer, Mike Cebulski, Scott Nicholson, Wesley Lupold and Brad Sikes were part of the group. Later in 2003, she formed Sugarland along with Kristian Bush and Kristen Hall. In 2006, Sugarland got a nomination in the category of the Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards.
Twice the Speed of Life was the first album by Sugarland and it was recorded by Mercury Nashville record label in 2004. Stand Back Up and Something More were among some of their hit songs. Over 2 million copies of the record were sold.†
The video of a duet produced by Jennifer Nettles and Bon Jovi won the Collaborative Video of the Year award at the CMT Music Awards in 2006. Moreover, Jennifer along with Bon Jovi was honored with a Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Collaboration in February, 2007. Enjoy the Ride was another album of the group which was released in 2006. This was followed by Love on the Inside, which was issued in July, 2008. Kristen Hall had left the band before the release of these records.
During an interview about Sugarland, Jennifer Nettles expressed that they wanted to move ahead and do something different as a band. Sugarland was nominated for 3 Grammy Awards in December 2008 and they were conferred with the awards for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group and Best Country Song. In addition, the duo was also nominated for the Top Vocal Duo and Vocal Event of the Year by the Academy of Country Music in February, 2009.
The first ever solo album by Jennifer Nettles called That Girl saw its release in January, 2014. The songs were jointly written by Jennifer along with Butch Walker while Rick Rubin was the producer. Regarding this record, Jennifer said the she produced this album because of her inspiration to have a child.
As far as Jenniferís personal life is concerned, she was born in Georgia and in 1998, she got married to Todd Van Sickle. Unfortunately, the marriage ended in 2007. In 2011, Jennifer remarried Justin Miller. The first child was born to the couple on December 6, 2012 and they named him Magnus Hamilton Miller.
Besides singing, Jennifer is also a philanthropist and supports many charitable organizations. The earnings from Sugarlandís tour called CMT Change for Change in 2007 were given to the Shalom Foundation. According to some estimates, over $120,000 were raised during the tour. A chain of music shows entitled Common Thread, was launched by Jennifer in a bid to gather artists and raise funds to donate to several organizations. American Liver Foundation, Intercultural Family Services, Honor the Earth and American Cancer Society are among the organizations where she has donated. She has performed in many countries with Sugarland and she was also a judge on ABCís Duets in 2012.
Secure your Jennifer Nettles tickets and get ready to welcome a powerful female singer in your city.