Jake Shimabukuro Tickets
The ukulele virtuoso from Hawaii, Jake Shimabukuro is famous all over the word for his unconventional approach to music. Making thousands of different sounds with his one and the only instrument, Shimabukuro enjoys a huge fan following especially in Hawaii and Japan. His dynamic music compositions combines the elements of blues, funk, jazz, bluegrass, folk, flamenco and classical. This year, as this musical hero takes on the road to perform in your nearby concert hall, get your hands on the Jake Shimabukuro tickets . Do not miss out on catching this music sensation live.
Jake Shimabukuro Venues
- Jake Shimabukuro Charleston Music Hall
- Jake Shimabukuro Evans Amphitheatre At Cain Park
- Jake Shimabukuro Humphreys Concerts By The Bay
- Jake Shimabukuro Kleinhans Music Hall
- Jake Shimabukuro Mccallum Theatre
- Jake Shimabukuro Mountain Winery
- Jake Shimabukuro Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Jake Shimabukuro Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center
- Jake Shimabukuro Wilbur Theatre - MA
Jake Shimabukuro Cities
Latest Jake Shimabukuro Events
- Jake Shimabukuro, Evans Amphitheatre At Cain Park tickets for 07/29 08:00 PM at Evans Amphitheatre At Cain Park, Cleveland, OH
- Fri Jul 29 2016
- Jake Shimabukuro, Mountain Winery tickets for 09/09 07:30 PM at Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
- Fri Sep 09 2016
- Jake Shimabukuro, Humphreys Concerts By The Bay tickets for 09/10 08:00 PM at Humphreys Concerts By The Bay, San Diego, CA
- Sat Sep 10 2016
- Jake Shimabukuro, Ponte Vedra Concert Hall tickets for 09/15 08:00 PM at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Thu Sep 15 2016
- Jake Shimabukuro, Charleston Music Hall tickets for 09/18 08:00 PM at Charleston Music Hall, Charleston, SC
- Sun Sep 18 2016
- Jake Shimabukuro, Wilbur Theatre - MA tickets for 11/09 08:00 PM at Wilbur Theatre MA, Boston, MA
- Wed Nov 09 2016
- Jake Shimabukuro, Kleinhans Music Hall tickets for 11/17 08:00 PM at Kleinhans Music Hall, Buffalo, NY
- Thu Nov 17 2016
- Jake Shimabukuro, Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center tickets for 11/19 07:30 PM at Strand Capitol Performing Arts Center, York, PA
- Sat Nov 19 2016
Born in Honolulu in 1976, Jake Shimabukuro has been playing ukulele since he was first given the instrument by his mother at the age of four. In the early years, his mother who herself was an expert of ukulele taught him how to play. Later, he joined Roy Sakuma Studios where he stayed under the guidance of Tami Akiyami for seven years. In 1998, Shimabukuro first gained the attention of local people of Hawaii and since then he has broken many records, becoming the international ukulele wizard.
Along with the percussionist Lopaka Colón and the guitarist cum vocalist Jon Yamasato, Shimabukuro was a part of a trio named Pure Heart. It was in 1998 that the group released its first album "Pure Heart" which was an instant hit among the Hawaiian community. The album won them Na Hoku Hanohano Awards from the Hawaii Academy of Recording Arts in four different categories. The Honolulu Magazine also placed the album among the Top fifty Hawaiian albums of all time. The very next year, the group released their second album "Pure Heart 2" which was again a hit. The album earned the group another Na Hoku Hanohano Award.
Soon after that the vocalist of the group, Yamasato left. Colón and Shimabukuro, however, formed a new group Colón which was named so in the honor of Colón’s father, Augie Colón who was a famed percussionist. This newly born group was joined by Guy Cruz, the new guitarist/vocalist and the bassit McLellan. Colón released its debut "The Groove Machine" in 2000 which was declared as the Favorite Entertainer of the Year by the Hawaii Academy of Recording Arts a year later.
Shimabukuro career as a solo artist started with the disbandment of Colón in 2002 and signing a record deal with Sony Music Japan International. He also started extensive touring in Japan where he established himself successfully as a recording artist. On Sony Japan, he has released a total of ten studio albums from 2002 to 2012. These include "Skyline" in 2002, "Haruyo Koi in 2007," "Yeah" and "Ichigo Ichie" in 2008, "Annon," "The Music of Sideways" and "Across the Universe" in 2009, "Aloha To You" and "Ukulele X: 10th Anniversary Collection" in 2011 and "Ukulele Disney" in 2012.
In 2006, Shimabukuro rose to international fame when a video in which he was playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by George Harrison was posted by someone on YouTube. It was a virtuosic video of Shimabukuro which was originally filmed for a Midnight Ukulele Disco, a television show. Within few days of posting, the video went viral and received a total of twelve million views. This success was led by a huge increase in his touring and concert activities, and he was asked for collaborations by many notable singers like Yo-Yo Ma and Ziggy Marley. Shimabukuro has also released ten U.S. studio albums on Hitchhike records.
Shimabukuro latest album "Grand Ukulele" which reached number two on Billboard was released in 2012. Apart from wining a number of Hawaii Music and Grammy Awards, Shimabukuro musical career has also earned him accolades from personalities like Eddie Vedder, Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Perez Hilton. Often times he has been compared to Miles Davis and Jimi Hendrix. When it comes to ukulele, Shimabukuro is undoubtedly a genius whose live performance is something that you’d never want to miss. Get some Jake Shimabukuro tickets to make sure that you get to watch Shimabukuro playing live on stage.
Q:Can i buy Jake Shimabukuro Tickets from the will call window?
A:Yes, you can buy Jake Shimabukuro Tickets from the will call window if the option is available.