J Boog Tickets
For any artist, their roots play a crucial role in shaping their whole artistic journey. For J Boog, that connection may be even stronger than for most and his roots are deeply entwined in his craft. This American singer is of Samoan descent and is even the son of a Samoan chief. Having been born and raised in the United States, J Boog is a unique blend of two different worlds. For anyone who is interested in hearing a unique take on traditional reggae music, J Boog is definitely worth listening to. The best way to enjoy his infectious music is to see him live in concert and in his element. Get your J Boog tickets today to be at one of his high energy shows.
J Boog Venues
- J Boog Ace of Spades
- J Boog Black Sheep
- J Boog Bottom Lounge
- J Boog Brighton Music Hall - MA
- J Boog Brooklyn Bowl - NY
- J Boog Cervantes' Masterpiece - Ballroom
- J Boog Culture Room
- J Boog Fremont Theater
- J Boog Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- J Boog Showcase Lounge at Higher Ground
- J Boog The Catalyst
- J Boog The Depot - Salt Lake City
- J Boog The Foundry - Philadelphia
- J Boog The Hamilton
- J Boog The Loft - GA
- J Boog The Neptune Theatre
- J Boog The Novo
- J Boog The Regency Ballroom
- J Boog The Social - FL
- J Boog Turf Club
- J Boog Wonder Ballroom
J Boog Cities
- J Boog Allston MA
- J Boog Atlanta GA
- J Boog Brooklyn NY
- J Boog Chicago IL
- J Boog Colorado Springs CO
- J Boog Denver CO
- J Boog Fort Lauderdale FL
- J Boog Los Angeles CA
- J Boog Orlando FL
- J Boog Philadelphia PA
- J Boog Ponte Vedra Beach FL
- J Boog Portland OR
- J Boog Sacramento CA
- J Boog Saint Paul MN
- J Boog Salt Lake City UT
- J Boog San Francisco CA
- J Boog San Luis Obispo CA
- J Boog Santa Cruz CA
- J Boog Seattle WA
- J Boog South Burlington VT
- J Boog Washington DC
Latest J Boog Events
- J Boog, Ponte Vedra Concert Hall tickets for 01/27 07:30 PM at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Fri Jan 27 2017
- J Boog, Brooklyn Bowl - NY tickets for 02/01 08:00 PM at Brooklyn Bowl NY, Brooklyn, NY
- Wed Feb 01 2017
- J Boog, The Foundry - Philadelphia tickets for 02/02 08:00 PM at The Foundry Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Thu Feb 02 2017
- J Boog, Brighton Music Hall - MA tickets for 02/03 08:00 PM at Brighton Music Hall MA, Allston, MA
- Fri Feb 03 2017
- J Boog, Showcase Lounge at Higher Ground tickets for 02/04 07:30 PM at Showcase Lounge at Higher Ground, South Burlington, VT
- Sat Feb 04 2017
- J Boog, Cervantes' Masterpiece - Ballroom tickets for 02/10 09:00 PM at Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom, Denver, CO
- Fri Feb 10 2017
- J Boog, The Depot - Salt Lake City tickets for 02/14 07:00 PM at The Depot Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City, UT
- Tue Feb 14 2017
- J Boog, The Neptune Theatre tickets for 02/16 08:00 PM at The Neptune Theatre, Seattle, WA
- Thu Feb 16 2017
- J Boog, Fremont Theater tickets for 02/22 07:00 PM at Fremont Theater, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Wed Feb 22 2017
- J Boog, The Regency Ballroom tickets for 02/24 08:00 PM at The Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA
- Fri Feb 24 2017
Jerry “J Boog” Afemata was born in Long Beach, California, and soon made the move over to Compton where he was raised.
Bringing The Island to the Mainland
Boog’s large and tightly knit family has had a huge and profound influence on his musical abilities. He is the youngest of seven brothers and one sister, each of which shaped his taste in music in some way or another. His music would come to reflect a wide range of influences, including the R&B influences of where he grew up, and the reggae which he would come to blend with other elements.
His sister, who played piano, was one of his biggest early influences. He would frequently sing songs as she played them on the piano. It helped that each sibling had a slightly different taste in music, and so Boog was exposed to a wide range of genres from a young age, each of which would help him to find his own unique sound.
Finding His Sound: Hawaii is Calling
In pursuit of finding his own unique sound, many things fell into place when Boog met George “Fiji” Veikoso in 2004. Fiji was another singer who was blending R&B and reggae styles together, and Boog found himself moving to Hawaii to make music with him.
Once there, he started recording his debut album with Fiji. Hear Me Roar was released in 2007 and peaked at the number eight spot on Billboard's Top Reggae Albums. This was followed by Backyard Boogie in 2011, which debuted at the number one spot on the Billboard Top Reggae Albums chart. With his second album, Boog expanded his fan base considerably. This album featured a wider range of influences including hip-hop, ska, rock, reggae, and R&B.
Backyard Boogie was so successful that J Boog won the Best New Entertainer Award at the International Reggae and World Music Awards in Chicago in 2012.
An Expanding Fan Base
In addition to releasing two albums, J Boog worked on a lot of music which was subsequently released in the following years. Each of these singles was either recorded independently or collaboratively.
In 2014, Boog would release his EP ‘Live Up!’ which reached the number four spot on the Billboard Top Reggae Albums chart.
Every time Boog released new music, his fan base would grow. People have been instantly struck by his humility, his proud embrace of his Samoan culture, and his strong family roots. His music also represents a unique blend of sounds mixed with a feel-good island vibe which draw people in.
Feel-good island vibes
J Boog is an absolute natural performer who puts on an unforgettable live show. He has toured with some incredible artists such as Damien Marley, The Green, Ziggy Marley, and Rebelution. He also tours with his regular touring mates, The Hot Rain Band.
After the release of his debut album, Boog spent a considerable amount of time touring the United States extensively. It didn’t take him long to start performing internationally. J Boog would go on to play live shows in places like Africa, Dubai, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, and more. After the release of his second album, Boog would take on Europe.
All of this extensive touring helped him develop a reputation as a stellar performer. If you’re a fan of J Boog and you haven’t yet seen him live, this year is your chance. J Boog will be performing a number of live shows. Get yourself a pair of J Boog tickets to see this electrifying musician perform.
J Boog Events Tickets Prices
The average price for J Boog Tickets start from $101. The minimum get in price is $26 for J Boog Tickets at the The Social - FL, Orlando. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|J Boog||Fort Lauderdale||25-Jan-17||$149||$27|
|J Boog||Ponte Vedra Beach||27-Jan-17||$101||$28|
|J Boog||South Burlington||4-Feb-17||$132||$34|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.
Q:What price range does J Boog Tickets come at your website?
A:You can look through the page of J Boog Tickets for all your required information about the ticket prices.