Illinois Symphony Orchestra Tickets
Illinois Symphony Orchestra or ISO is one of the country most respected orchestra. Watch it perform live with some of the biggest attractions this season with Illinois Symphony Orchestra tickets .
Latest Illinois Symphony Orchestra Events
- Dianne Reeves, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 01/30 8:00PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Fri Jan 30 2015
- Quad City Symphony Orchestra: Materworks IV - Musical Cathedrals, Centennial Hall - IL, tickets for 02/08 2:00PM at Centennial Hall - IL, Rock Island, IL
- Sun Feb 8 2015
- Jason Isbell & Damien Jurado, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 02/12 7:30PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Thu Feb 12 2015
- The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra: Wynton Marsalis, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 02/13 8:00PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Fri Feb 13 2015
- RSO Classics: Memories From Times Of War, Coronado Performing Arts Center, tickets for 02/14 7:30PM at Coronado Performing Arts Center, Rockford, IL
- Sat Feb 14 2015
- The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra: Wynton Marsalis, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 02/14 8:00PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Sat Feb 14 2015
- Henry Butler, Steven Bernstein, & The Hot 9, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 02/27 8:00PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Fri Feb 27 2015
- RSO Pops: What a Wonderful World - A Tribute To Louis Armstrong, Coronado Performing Arts Center, tickets for 03/07 7:30PM at Coronado Performing Arts Center, Rockford, IL
- Sat Mar 7 2015
- Quad City Symphony Orchestra: Masterworks V - The American Tapestry, Centennial Hall - IL, tickets for 03/08 2:00PM at Centennial Hall - IL, Rock Island, IL
- Sun Mar 8 2015
- RSO Classics: An American Salute, Coronado Performing Arts Center, tickets for 03/28 7:30PM at Coronado Performing Arts Center, Rockford, IL
- Sat Mar 28 2015
- Max Raabe And The Palast Orchestra, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 04/08 8:00PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Wed Apr 8 2015
- Quad City Symphony Orchestra: Masterworks VI - Peace and Brotherhood Ode To Joy, Centennial Hall - IL, tickets for 04/12 2:00PM at Centennial Hall - IL, Rock Island, IL
- Sun Apr 12 2015
- Herbie Hancock & Chick Corea, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 04/17 8:00PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Fri Apr 17 2015
- RSO Classics: The Planets, Coronado Performing Arts Center, tickets for 04/25 7:30PM at Coronado Performing Arts Center, Rockford, IL
- Sat Apr 25 2015
- Ibrahim Maalouf, Chicago Symphony Center, tickets for 05/15 8:00PM at Chicago Symphony Center, Chicago, IL
- Fri May 15 2015
ISO has entertained music lovers in Springfield and Bloomington with diverse repertoire and great live concerts. Their musical experience is simply astounding and is loved by audience regardless of all ages, settings and backgrounds. The ISO works under the budget of 1.1 million dollars and has bought to life some of the most eventful music of the past.
This season is extra special for ISO and its fans as it marks the twentieth anniversary of the orchestra. which is a center of exceptional orchestral performances. In this short time span the orchestra has contributed invaluably to the community life and cultural activity in Springfield and Bloomington. The orchestra has now become a permanent part of the façade of these cities.
Since 1993, when the ISO started, it aimed to preserve classical music by creating awareness and exposing audiences to it. It did so with the help of exuberant orchestral performances. Not only did these performances educate people about music at the community level, but they also inspired many to learn the art form. The symphony also realized the power of live music and used it to rejuvenate its fans. The orchestra transformed the most classic concerts greatly; they became an icon of cultural resource. More importantly it encouraged audiences and aspiring musicians to join the orchestra as tier educational partner.
ISO’s anniversary celebrations are a wonderful treat for all classical, chamber and orchestral music fans in and around Illinois. With Illinois Symphony Orchestra tickets they can watch their critically acclaimed efforts of world class musicians, live! These tickets are known to sell out in no time, so it is advised to book your ticket in advance.
The Illinois Symphony Orchestra started off as a result of a merger of two very strong and independent orchestras. The Bloomington Normal Symphony Society and The Springfield Symphony Orchestra Association came together in 1993 to create the ISO. Kenneth Kiesler who was the music director of the Springfield Symphony, has completed thirteen years with the Springfield. He was ready to take on the responsibility of ISO’s first music director. He came and remained with it until 2000. He mainly restructured the new orchestra and overhauled the organization as a whole. Kiesler’s artistic direction steered the orchestra all the way to success.
Kiesler took the orchestra performance to the local communities in the state of Illinois. As a result the orchestra was called on demand to perform in venues all over the state. The orchestra’s likeability factor increased every season when its concert shows were staged at venues like the Carnegie Hall and the Lincoln Center. In its home grounds, the orchestra has performed at Sangamon Auditorium, St. Agnes Catholic Church Springfield, and Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts and Second Presbyterian Church in Bloomington. The Orchestra has also conducted outside of theaters and halls in open air venues like the Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield’s Old State Capitol and Normal’s Corn Crib. The he orchestra won a large number of national awards, critical acclaim as well as huge public acclaim for every effort.
From 2000 to 2011 Karen Lynne Deal conducted eleven awe-inspiring seasons. Deal’s leadership and role as the music director took the orchestra to new heights. The Illinois Symphony Orchestra won many awards during his time which include the Illinois Council of Orchestras’ Award in the category of Meritorious Service in Outstanding Programming, Award for Community Service for the orchestra’s services to central Illinois. The ISO developed its creative stance and also raised its artistic level significantly. The orchestra never confined itself to its home grounds only; it has performed statewide and plans to perform across borders. From the Ravinia Festival to free public parks concerts and the award-winning Step-by-Step educational concerts for K-3 and K-6 students; all these are trademark efforts by the Symphony Orchestra.
ISO is currently headed by conductor Alastair Willis. Willis is a very experienced conductor who has played for audiences in Asia, Europe and North America. For the ISO he has proved himself the most progressive and most creative director. He has researched central Illinois and had designed each season according to the music taste of the area. Willis and ISO welcome you to to the 20th Anniversary of the Illinois Symphony Orchestra. Join this celebration with performances with international guest artists and the ISO’s very own talented musicians with Illinois Symphony Orchestra tickets in hand.