Ian Anderson Tickets
Ian Anderson is a celebrated British singer, songwriter, and musician known the world over for his heart-wrenching folk rock songs and exceptional musical instrument playing skills. Born in Fife, Scotland, Anderson stepped into the music scene as the lead singer and founder of the British folk-rock band, Jethro Tull. The Bedfordshire based band is widely considered to be one of the most popular and best-selling bands of the sixties and seventies, with almost sixty-million albums sold since the formation of the band in 1967. The five member band became well-known for playing experimental blues rock music with strong hints of jazz, folk, art and classical music.
Ian Anderson Tickets
- Buy Jethro Tull, Comerica Theatre Tickets for Wed May 30 2018 Wed May 30 2018Jethro Tull, Comerica Theatre, tickets for 05/30 20:00 at Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ
- Wed May 30 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Greek Theatre - Los Angeles CA Tickets for Fri Jun 1 2018 Fri Jun 1 2018Jethro Tull, Greek Theatre - Los Angeles CA, tickets for 06/01 20:00 at Greek Theatre - Los Angeles CA, Los Angeles, CA
- Fri Jun 1 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Greek Theatre - U.C. Berkeley Tickets for Sat Jun 2 2018 Sat Jun 2 2018Jethro Tull, Greek Theatre - U.C. Berkeley, tickets for 06/02 20:00 at Greek Theatre - U.C. Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- Sat Jun 2 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Vina Robles Amphitheater Tickets for Sun Jun 3 2018 Sun Jun 3 2018Jethro Tull, Vina Robles Amphitheater, tickets for 06/03 19:30 at Vina Robles Amphitheater, Paso Robles, CA
- Sun Jun 3 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Fox Theatre - Visalia Tickets for Tue Jun 5 2018 Tue Jun 5 2018Jethro Tull, Fox Theatre - Visalia, tickets for 06/05 19:30 at Fox Theatre - Visalia, Visalia, CA
- Tue Jun 5 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Sacramento Community Center Theater Tickets for Wed Jun 6 2018 Wed Jun 6 2018Jethro Tull, Sacramento Community Center Theater, tickets for 06/06 20:00 at Sacramento Community Center Theater, Sacramento, CA
- Wed Jun 6 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Les Schwab Amphitheater Tickets for Fri Jun 8 2018 Fri Jun 8 2018Jethro Tull, Les Schwab Amphitheater, tickets for 06/08 19:30 at Les Schwab Amphitheater, Bend, OR
- Fri Jun 8 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, McMenamins Historic Edgefield Amphitheater Tickets for Sat Jun 9 2018 Sat Jun 9 2018Jethro Tull, McMenamins Historic Edgefield Amphitheater, tickets for 06/09 19:30 at McMenamins Historic Edgefield Amphitheater, Troutdale, OR
- Sat Jun 9 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Chateau Ste Michelle Winery Tickets for Sun Jun 10 2018 Sun Jun 10 2018Jethro Tull, Chateau Ste Michelle Winery, tickets for 06/10 19:00 at Chateau Ste Michelle Winery, Woodinville, WA
- Sun Jun 10 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Fabulous Fox Theatre - St. Louis Tickets for Fri Jun 29 2018 Fri Jun 29 2018Jethro Tull, Fabulous Fox Theatre - St. Louis, tickets for 06/29 20:00 at Fabulous Fox Theatre - St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Fri Jun 29 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Silver Creek Event Center At Four Winds Tickets for Sat Jun 30 2018 Sat Jun 30 2018Jethro Tull, Silver Creek Event Center At Four Winds, tickets for 06/30 21:00 at Silver Creek Event Center At Four Winds, New Buffalo, MI
- Sat Jun 30 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill Tickets for Sun Jul 1 2018 Sun Jul 1 2018Jethro Tull, Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, tickets for 07/01 19:30 at Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, Sterling Heights, MI
- Sun Jul 1 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Budweiser Stage - Toronto Tickets for Tue Jul 3 2018 Tue Jul 3 2018Jethro Tull, Budweiser Stage - Toronto, tickets for 07/03 20:00 at Budweiser Stage - Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Tue Jul 3 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, State Theatre - MN Tickets for Fri Aug 31 2018 Fri Aug 31 2018Jethro Tull, State Theatre - MN, tickets for 08/31 20:00 at State Theatre - MN, Minneapolis, MN
- Fri Aug 31 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Starlight Theatre Tickets for Sat Sep 1 2018 Sat Sep 1 2018Jethro Tull, Starlight Theatre, tickets for 09/01 20:00 at Starlight Theatre, Kansas City, MO
- Sat Sep 1 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Ravinia Pavilion Tickets for Mon Sep 3 2018 Mon Sep 3 2018Jethro Tull, Ravinia Pavilion, tickets for 09/03 19:30 at Ravinia Pavilion, Highland Park, IL
- Mon Sep 3 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, The Rose Music Center at The Heights Tickets for Wed Sep 5 2018 Wed Sep 5 2018Jethro Tull, The Rose Music Center at The Heights, tickets for 09/05 19:00 at The Rose Music Center at The Heights, Dayton, OH
- Wed Sep 5 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, Wolf Trap Tickets for Fri Sep 7 2018 Fri Sep 7 2018Jethro Tull, Wolf Trap, tickets for 09/07 20:00 at Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA
- Fri Sep 7 2018
- Buy Jethro Tull, The Mann Center For The Performing Arts Tickets for Sat Sep 8 2018 Sat Sep 8 2018Jethro Tull, The Mann Center For The Performing Arts, tickets for 09/08 20:00 at The Mann Center For The Performing Arts, Philadelphia, PA
- Sat Sep 8 2018
The famous Scottish singer and songwriter, Ian Scott Anderson is set to hit your town for a sensational performance. He is best known as a vocalist of the British rock band, Jethro Tull and is an expert at playing instruments like the bouzouki, saxophone, bass guitar and harmonica. With years of experience in live performances, the show is most likely to be amazing. So get the Ian Anderson tickets to mark your entry to a great night. Ian Anderson is ready to rock the stage with his old hit singles as well as his recent chart-topping tracks. So get your tickets before they sell out.
Born on the 10th August, 1947 Anderson spent some time of his childhood in Edinburg, Scotland. His interest in music developed through his father's band and various jazz records that he would listen to when he was young. It was during this time that he developed a liking for rock ‘n’ roll and got inspired by the work of super stars like Elvis Presley. After moving to England in 1959, he joined the Blackpool Grammar School and later went on to study fine arts at the Blackpool College of Art till 1966. While he was still in college in 1963 he formed a band titled, "The Blames" which included his friends John Evan on keyboards, Barriemore Barlow on drums, Michael Stephens on guitar and Jeffrey Hammond on bass. The band came up with both soul and blues music and was appreciated by a lot of people.
Ian Anderson is also known for his signature move of standing on one leg while playing the flute. This stunt that later became a famous part of his live shows actually came about by accident when he stood on one leg and held the microphone in order to maintain balance during one of his performances. When this incident at the Marquee Club was described by a journalist, he wrongly assumed that it was a deliberate act after which the artist decided to make it his signature move in spite of the difficulty he faced. The singer is extremely talented in playing a number of different instruments and has recorded many songs playing them. He even started playing the simple bamboo flutes at one time. He enthralled audiences by using various techniques like over-blowing and other expressive methods to make the instrument sound better.
Till now, Ian Anderson has released five studio albums in total. The first one "Walk into Light" hit the shelves in 1983 and received a lot of critical acclaim. The album was recorded by the EMI Records and reached number 202 on the US charts and 78 on the UK charts. His next album released in 1995, "Divinities: Twelve Dances with God" too received rave reviews. Again released with the famous EMI records, the album was appreciated by fans and critics alike. His other albums include, "The Secret Language of Birds", "Rupi's Dance" and "Thick as a Brick" released in 2000, 2003 and 2012 respectively. He has also released a live album named, "Ian Anderson Plays with Orchestral Jethro Tull" with ZYX Music which too gained a lot of popularity.
Not only this, Ian Anderson has also been involved in several musical collaborations. For instance, he played flute on the Men Without Hats song "On Tuesday" for their famous album "Pop Goes the World," released in 1987 and Blackmore’s night song "Play, Minstrel, Play" from their hit debut album "Shadow of the Moon" released in 1997. The singer also performed a flute duet in honor of the 50th anniversary of the International Space Station in 2011. In the same year he performed with hit singers like Iron Maiden at the Canterbury Cathedral charity event.
For all his hit singles, Anderson has received numerous accolades throughout his career. He appeared on the cover of Time Magazine in 1973. Moreover he earned two honors, The Ivor Novello Award for "International Achievement" as well as an Honorary Doctorate in literature at the Heriot-Watt University in 2006. His other achievements include earning an award of the "Prog God" at the Progressive Music Awards in 2013, presented by none other than the famous singer, Rick Wakeman. With this sensational performer coming to your town, you can expect a thoroughly enjoyable time. So get your Ian Anderson tickets now and be a part of his live show.
From an early age, Anderson was influenced by the local underground music scene. During his teenage years, the singer worked in a local departmental store in Blackpool, and later moved on to work as a newspaper and magazine vendor. It was during these years that Anderson thought about taking up music seriously as a career. As a result of this, Anderson went on to form his first-ever rock band in early sixties, by the name of The Blades. The band consisted of four of his friends from school; Michael Stephens on guitar, John Evan on keyboards, Jeffrey Hammond on Bass and Barriemore Barlow on drums. Anderson served as the band’s lead vocalist, and later played harmonica in the predominantly soul/blues band.
Over the course of his successful career as the front man of Jethro Tull, Anderson has played several musical instruments including flute, guitar, bass, keyboards, saxophone, harmonica, mandolin, bouzouki, balalaika, and soprano. Anderson has also recorded several solo records during his illustrious music career. His first solo album, Walk into the Light, was released in November 1983 on British music record label, Chrysalis. The album was produced by Anderson himself, with Jethro Tull keyboardist Peter John Vetese working closely with him on this album.
Over the years, Anderson has gone on to release five solo studio and live albums. His second solo studio album, Divinities: Twelve Dances with God, released in May 1995 on London based EMI music record label. The album was primarily an instrumental record with all tracks heavily influenced by music traditions of regions and countries such as Africa, Spain, and other tribal cultures around the world. Several types of instruments were used in the making of this record including trumpet, French horn, harp, cello, violin, oboe, clarinet and bamboo flutes.
At the turn of the century, Anderson went on to release his third solo studio album. The critically acclaimed album, The Secret Language of Birds, was released in March 2000 on American jazz record label, Fuel 2000. The album became an instant hit around the world and charted in the top 20 on various music charts in Europe and the U.S. Once again, several unique musical instruments were used in the making of this record, including accordion, marimba, organ, piano, piccolo, mandolin, bouzouki and flute.
Anderson’s fourth solo studio album, Rupi’s Dance, released in August 2003 on the UK based record label, RandM Records. The fourteen track album charted in the top 50 of various music charts around the world including Germany, UK, France and various other European countries. The album was later released on the American jazz and blues record label, Fuel 2000. Songs like "Eurology" and "Lost in Crowds" became instant hits, and received rave reviews from music critics from all over the world.
In early 2005, Anderson released a video compilation of his most famous orchestral performances recorded during his European and U.S. tours. The record featured the legendary Neue Philharmonie Frankfurt orchestra from Offenbach, Germany. The symphonic rock compilation was recorded in the German municipality of Rosengarten, in the city of Mannheim, and was produced by Anderson to be released on the German music record label ZYX.
Anderson’s music has always been heavily influenced by British folklore, especially drawing inspiration from medieval characters like jesters, minstrels, squires and lairds. The legendary British instrumentalist has captivated the audiences’ attention by appearing on the stage as an astronaut, biker or pirate on various occasions. Anderson has also collaborated with various notable musicians and music acts including Honeymoon Suite, Joe Bonamassa, Martine Barre and Dave Pegg among others.
In a music career spanning more than four decades, Anderson has won several prestigious music industry awards including the Ivor Novello Award for International achievement. Anderson was also awarded an honorary degree of Literature from Heriot-Watt University, and was chosen as the Member of the Order of the British Empire in 2008. This season, catch him perform live in several North American cities including Montreal, Orlando, Richmond, Lowell, Mont Clair and others. So, grab this once in a lifetime opportunity to see the legendary British instrumentalist perform live in your home city by purchasing your Ian Anderson Tickets right now!
Ian Anderson Tickets Prices
Currently the average price for Ian Anderson tickets is $182. The date and location for this event is 17-Feb-18 at Gottwald Playhouse, Richmond. The minimum get-in price for Ian Anderson tickets is $27.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Virginia Opera: Deep River - Marian Anderson's Journey||Richmond||17-Feb-18||$182||$27|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.
Q:How many cheap ian anderson tickets are still left in the inventory?
A:There are still some Ian Anderson Tickets available in the inventory, place order right away.
Q:How do I avail the available discount on ian anderson tickets 2018?
A:You can get extra discount on Ian Anderson Tickets by using the discount code while placing the order.
Q:When will you send me my ian anderson tour tickets?
A:We will send you your Ian Anderson Tickets as soon as your order is processed.
Q:Can I choose my seats for ian anderson live tickets?
A:No you cannot choose your seats for Ian Anderson Tickets as our brokers don't allow that. However, you can only select your sections and rows.
Q:What is the price range for ian anderson tickets?
A:We are offering Ian Anderson Tickets in a reasonable price range. Check out the directions and place the order as soon as possible.
Q:I need aisle seats for the concert of ian anderson the national, where should i look?
A:There is a seating chart available on Ian Anderson tickets page. You can also talk to the live help person for assistance in finding your desired seats.
Q:When do ian anderson morristown nj tickets go on sale?
A:The Ian Anderson tickets are now up for grabs.