The “love metal” legends have announced their farewell tour, finally deciding to call it a career. The Finnish band HIM led by Ville Valo, Mikko “Mige” Paananen and Mikko “Linde” Lindström feels that it has run its course and it’s time to turn in the key. Formed in 1991, HIM went on two years hiatus in 1993 and came back with a bang in 1995. In a career spanning 26 years, the gothic rock/metal band has released eight albums, latest one “Tears on Tape” hitting the shelves in 2013. The North American farewell trek starts October 24 from Phoenix, Arizona and will wrap up on November 17, 2017. HIM tickets are now on sale and raking in a huge demand since it’s their last hurrah.
- Fri Sep 28 2018Buy Hiroshima, Rams Head On Stage Tickets for Fri Sep 28 2018 Hiroshima, Rams Head On Stage tickets for 09/28 08:00 PM Rams Head On Stage
- Fri Sep 28 2018
- Sat Sep 29 2018Buy Hiroshima, Birchmere Music Hall Tickets for Sat Sep 29 2018 Hiroshima, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 09/29 07:30 PM Birchmere Music Hall
- Sat Sep 29 2018
Pioneers of Love Metal
Hard rock and heavy metal has produced many subgenres but HIM came up with the unique style called Love Metal. A fusion of gothic melodies, glam pop, heavy metal and rock, the genre is driven by romantic lyrics and passionate themes. Also the name of their fourth album, “Love Metal” placed HIM on the map. The albums released before that – “Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666”, “Razorblade Romance” and “Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights” went unnoticed, not just in the US and UK but also Finland where they garnered lukewarm response.
The Finnish quartet fine-tuned their sound and produced music that presented swooning pop hooks, aesthetic songcraft and harmonic laments about forgiveness, love and death. “Love Metal” laid its foundation on gothic rock aspirations. The lofty yet yearning romantic songs on the album placed it on the UK charts, peaking at 55th position. “The Funeral of Hearts” reached top 5 on the music charts in Finland and Germany, peaking at number 15 in UK. A slower track, it boasts of powerful vocals by Ville and an epic guitar solo by Mikko Viljami.
Cementing a Legacy Among the Best Gothic Rock Acts
HIM struck something in their listeners. Their success came slowly and was accepted by a limited fan base but it was strong nevertheless, and gave them a space among the greatest metal bands. Here are some of the reasons why the fans love them
- The lyrics, instrumentation and singing are enough to hypnotize the listeners. The beautiful songwriting is driven by incredible piano playing by Janne “Burton” Puurtinen and Linde’s drumming seals the powerfulness of the songs.
- HIM sounds amazing both in the studio and on live stage. Valo’s voice is perfect for a gothic singer – laced with romanticism, darkness and packed with a phenomenal vocal range.
- Every member presents an individual charisma and when combined together, they pack quite a powerful punch. The songs “Killing Loneliness”, “Rip Out the Wings of a Butterfly” and “Join Me in Death” gets you pumped up. The music and lyrics seeps into your soul and latches onto the heart.
- HIM is the only Finnish band to find international fame and success, and has a Gold record in the US. Cementing their legacy as the great gothic rock band, HIM is bringing the curtain down, claiming that they have “completed the pattern, solved the puzzle and turned the key.”
HIM 2017 North American Farewell Tour
This is not something you would want to miss. And the soaring sales of HIM tickets suggest that the diehard fans want to give a fitting farewell to the gothic love metal legends. This is your last chance to embrace the band before they take their final bow. While it’s still unclear but according to the statement released by the members they might embark on solo careers. The official announcement states, “Adieus must be said in order to make way for sights, scents and sounds yet unexplored”.
As the bassist Mikko Mige beautifully put, “It shall not be a weepfest but a celebration of love metal in all its lovecraftian glory”.
Nothing beats the joy of watching your favorite music artist perform live! Him's concert dates are out and fans are looking forward to the upcoming shows. The next concert will be held in Annapolis at the Rams Head On Stage on 28-Sep-18, while the last available date is for the event scheduled for Pasadena at the The Canyon at The Rose - Pasadena on 6-Oct-18. For complete information regarding dates and venues, please visit our website.
|Hiroshima||Rams Head On Stage||Annapolis, MD||Fri Sep 28 201809/28 08:00 PM|
|Hiroshima||Birchmere Music Hall||Alexandria, VA||Sat Sep 29 201809/29 07:30 PM|
|Hiroshima||The Canyon at The Rose - Pasadena||Pasadena, CA||Sat Oct 06 201810/06 09:00 PM|
Him Tickets Prices
The average price for Him Tickets start from $72. The minimum get in price is $55 for Him Tickets at the The Canyon at The Rose - Pasadena, Pasadena. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.
Q:Can i use my Visa card for making payment for Him Tickets?
A:Yes, you can use Visa card for making payment for Him Tickets. MasterCard, American Express and Discover are also accepted modes of payment for the tickets.