Govt Mule Tickets
Southern rock jam group Govt Mule , is best known as a regular headliner at music festivals around North America, where they appear alongside frequent guests from well recognized bands, which only adds blues rock and funk elements to their sound. The band currently comprises of Warren Haynes as vocalist and guitarist, and Matt Abs as drummer, percussionist and vocalist. They were brought together in 1994 as a side project of the Allman Brothers Band by Allen Woody and Warren Haynes
Govt Mule Venues
- Gov't Mule Charleston Music Hall
- Govt Mule Kentucky Center - Brown Theatre
- Gov't Mule Minglewood Hall
- Gov't Mule Peace Concert Hall At The Peace Center - SC
- Govt Mule Saenger Theatre - AL
- Gov't Mule Saenger Theatre - New Orleans
- Gov't Mule Shreveport Municipal Memorial Auditorium
- Gov't Mule Thalia Mara Hall
Govt Mule Cities
Latest Govt Mule Events
- Gov't Mule, Peace Concert Hall At The Peace Center - SC tickets for 04/11 08:00 PM at Peace Concert Hall At The Peace Center SC, Greenville, SC
- Sat Apr 11 2015
- Gov't Mule, Kentucky Center - Brown Theatre tickets for 04/12 08:00 PM at Kentucky Center Brown Theatre, Louisville, KY
- Sun Apr 12 2015
- Gov't Mule, Thalia Mara Hall tickets for 04/14 07:30 PM at Thalia Mara Hall, Jackson, MS
- Tue Apr 14 2015
- Gov't Mule, Minglewood Hall tickets for 04/15 08:00 PM at Minglewood Hall, Memphis, TN
- Wed Apr 15 2015
- Gov't Mule, Charleston Music Hall tickets for 04/19 08:00 PM at Charleston Music Hall, Charleston, SC
- Sun Apr 19 2015
- Gov't Mule, Charleston Music Hall tickets for 04/20 08:00 PM at Charleston Music Hall, Charleston, SC
- Mon Apr 20 2015
- Gov't Mule, Saenger Theatre - AL tickets for 04/22 07:30 PM at Saenger Theatre AL, Mobile, AL
- Wed Apr 22 2015
- Gov't Mule, Shreveport Municipal Memorial Auditorium tickets for 04/23 08:00 PM at Shreveport Municipal Memorial Auditorium, Shreveport, LA
- Thu Apr 23 2015
Since their inception, they have released fifteen albums, the most popular among which includes Mulennium, By a Thread, Holy Haunted House, High & Mighty, Deep End, Volume 1, Deep End Volume 2, Live in Concert: The Deepest End, and Live from Roseland Ballroom. The group took time off and returned to the studio only lately. They most recently released The Georgia Bootleg Box, which is the first form the Bootleg Series. The former is a set of six discs, capturing a three-night run from a 1996 live performance in Georgia. The recordings feature material by the group’s original trio comprising of bassist Allen Woody, Matts Abs and Haynes alongside Tinsley Ellis and Derek Trucks. Since their new release, Govt Mule tickets have been among the most sought after treats among hard rock fans.
In 1989, when Allman Brothers united again, they added Allen Woody and Warren Haynes as their permanent members. Both the artists were fascinated by the sixties’ power trios such as Mountain, James Gang, Cream and The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Soon enough, the two alongside drummer Matt Abts, who at the time played in Dickey Betts’ band, formed Govt Mule during off-time from Allman Brothers. They issued their debut album, followed by a live release in 1996, which consisted of their New Year’s Eve opening for Blues Traveler, from the previous year. By 1997, the trio was fully concentrating on new material, releasing their second studio offering Dose in 1998. In their live performance on the following New Year’s Eve, they were joined by the Allman Brothers, alongside other prominent artists, The Derek Trucks Band, the Black Crowes and Parliament/Funkadelic. Their concert performance was recorded and released in a four and two CD version as Live…With Help from Friends. It was noted for exposing some of the main influences on the band such as Mongo Santamaria, Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Little Feat, Jimi Hendrix, Traffic, Free and Neil Young. As a result, similar to The Grateful Dead being referred to as ‘The Dead’, Govt Mule came to casually be called ‘The Mule’.
Through more recent years, Govt Mule’s many performances have included the ‘Island Exodus’ night held at The Grand Lido Negril in Jamaica, where they played three shows alongside a solo concert by Warren Haynes in early 2010. Famous artists like DJ Logic, Ron Holloway, and Grace Potter & The Nocturnal also appeared at these shows. The same year, the band performed at Hangout Music festival in June, and the much awaited Azkena Rock Festival of Vitoria-Gasteiz in Spain. They opened shows for Dave Matthews Band in West Palm Beach at Cruzan Amphitheatre. In October the group performed a Halloween show in Oakland at the Fox Theatre.
Govt Mule’s most recent release, The Georgia Bootleg Box, comprises of recordings from about fifteen years back, when the band’s repertoire was rather small. According to Haynes, the group’s recent years have been among its best. The group tries to play different sets lists to make sure it does not repeat the same in each city. Their hits include Dazed and Confused, We’re Not Going to Take It, 21st Century Schizoid Man, Bad Little Doggie, Monday Mourning Meltdown, Steppin’ Lightly, Railroad Boy, Forevermore, Plasticine Era, Reblow Your Mind, Unblow Your Horn, The Shape I’m In, I’m a Ram and Horseflies, among several others. Listen to their best live; just get hold of some Govt Mule tickets and catch the band in its live act.
Q:What does general admission mean on govt mule tickets?
A:General Admission means that Govt Mule Tickets can't be booked beforehand. They will only be sold on first come, first-served basis.