Glenn Miller Orchestra Tickets
The Glenn Miller Orchestra is a classical music group that has been performing since 1938. Led by Glenn Miller, the band had excelled in performing jazz and big band music. Originally, the lineup consisted only of a tenor saxophonist and a clarinet that would play the melody, and three more saxophonists would play the harmonies. Miller had previously played as part of another band. However he felt like that project had nothing new to offer to the audience. Thus, he put together a new group, and gained the response he was hoping for. He became very popular and his tunes started to perform well on the charts. Some of his popular songs are “Moonlight Serenade”, “Chattanooga Choo Choo”, and “I’ve Got a Gal in Kalamazoo.” Although the band has evolved a lot over time, it remains one of the most popular big bands on the stage today. Glenn Miller Orchestra tickets are still just as popular amongst jazz and classical music lovers as they were back during the 1930s.
Glenn Miller Orchestra Venues
- Glenn Miller Orchestra Chandler Center For The Arts
- Glenn Miller Orchestra Hammerson Hall At The Living Arts Centre
- Glenn Miller Orchestra Lyric Theatre - Stuart
- Glenn Miller Orchestra Macomb Center For The Performing Arts
- Glenn Miller Orchestra McAninch Arts Center
- Glenn Miller Orchestra Popejoy Hall
Glenn Miller Orchestra Cities
Latest Glenn Miller Orchestra Events
- Glenn Miller Orchestra, Lyric Theatre - Stuart tickets for 01/20 06:00 PM at Lyric Theatre Stuart, Stuart, FL
- Fri Jan 20 2017
- Glenn Miller Orchestra, Lyric Theatre - Stuart tickets for 01/20 08:30 PM at Lyric Theatre Stuart, Stuart, FL
- Fri Jan 20 2017
- Glenn Miller Orchestra, Popejoy Hall tickets for 02/19 03:00 PM at Popejoy Hall, Albuquerque, NM
- Sun Feb 19 2017
- Glenn Miller Orchestra, Chandler Center For The Arts tickets for 02/26 03:00 PM at Chandler Center For The Arts, Chandler, AZ
- Sun Feb 26 2017
- Glenn Miller Orchestra, McAninch Arts Center tickets for 03/19 02:00 PM at McAninch Arts Center, Glen Ellyn, IL
- Sun Mar 19 2017
- Glenn Miller Orchestra, Hammerson Hall At The Living Arts Centre tickets for 03/24 07:30 PM at Hammerson Hall At The Living Arts Centre, Mississauga, ON
- Fri Mar 24 2017
One of the mysteries surrounding the band was the disappearance of front man Glenn Miller himself. In 1944, he went missing. After he was not found for a very long time, he was presumed dead. The band was then reestablished by Tex Beneke who was the leading saxophone player at the time. He was also one of Miller’s closest friends and thus he took the matter into his own hands and led the band from then onwards. However, it was only some time later that the Miller Estate decided to let go of Beneke.
The band was made popular once more when a Hollywood film on the life of Miller and the original members was made. This movie was entitled "The Glenn Miller Story." It did immensely well on the box office and was nominated for several awards. But what was even more successful than the movie itself was the film’s soundtrack which was one of the top hits of the year 1954. The following year, a new leader was appointed and the band was put together once more. Since then, the Glenn Miller Orchestra, although retains its original name, has met with many changes in leadership. Presently, it is Nick Hilscher who is the director of the band. He was appointed in 2012 and has been managing concerts since then. The upcoming performances are also going to be orchestrated by him.
Hilscher is also a very talented singer who knows the American songbook thoroughly. He has been influenced by big names such as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and Glenn Miller himself. He joined the orchestra in 1998 when he was appointed as the male lead singer. His dedication to the band and his talent is what earned him the top position. He has toured along the orchestra around the world, performing over 300 shows in one year. This year will be no different as the orchestra has already embarked on a US leg of the tour. Glen Miller Orchestra tickets are available online.