Free up your schedule and make your way to a musical extravaganza as the jazz and funk ensemble, Galactic prepares to perform at an upcoming concert. For those who are interested in watching this band perform, tickets have been made available, so grab your set of Galactic tickets as soon as possible.
- Robot Planet's Intergalactic Nemesis Live - Action Graphic Novel Connor Palace Theatre
- Galactic House Of Blues - Houston
- Twin Infinity: The Intergalactic Nemesis Book 3 Long Center for the Performing Arts - City Terrace
- Galactic & 8 Minutes To Burn Rialto Theatre - Tucson
- Robot Planet's Intergalactic Nemesis Live - Action Graphic Novel Tilles Center For The Performing Arts - Concert Hall
- Robot Planet's Intergalactic Nemesis Live - Action Graphic Novel Vern Riffe Center
Latest Galactic Events
- Galactic & 8 Minutes To Burn, Rialto Theatre - Tucson tickets for 08/23 08:00 PM at Rialto Theatre Tucson, Tucson, AZ
- Sat Aug 23 2014
- Twin Infinity: The Intergalactic Nemesis Book 3, Long Center for the Performing Arts - City Terrace tickets for 09/05 08:00 PM at Long Center for the Performing Arts City Terrace, Austin, TX
- Fri Sep 05 2014
- Galactic, House Of Blues - Houston tickets for 11/16 07:00 PM at House Of Blues Houston, Houston, TX
- Sun Nov 16 2014
- Robot Planet's Intergalactic Nemesis Live - Action Graphic Novel, Tiles Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 11/22 07:00 PM at Tiles Center For The Performing Arts, Greenvale, NY
- Sat Nov 22 2014
- Robot Planet's Intergalactic Nemesis Live - Action Graphic Novel, Vern Riffe Center tickets for 02/06 03:30 AM at Vern Riffe Center, Portsmouth, OH
- Fri Feb 06 2015
Galactic is a jazz jam and funk band, that was formed back in the year 1994. Based in New Orleans, the band currently consists of band members, Jeff Raines playing the guitar, Robert Mercurio on bass, Richard Vogel playing the keyboards, Ben Ellman providing harmonica and saxophone expertise and Stanton Moore on drums. Past members who have worked with this band include Theryl DeClouet and Corey Glover. At the time of the formation of the band, it was named "Galactic Prophylactic" and initially included two members, Rob Gowen on guitars and Chris Lane providing the vocals. The band was joined by four other musicians, Mercurio, Moore, Rich Vogel, DeClouet and Raines, making it a six member band. Initially formed by childhood friends who went onto attending college together in Washington DC, the group was formed as the founders became involved in the local funk scene of the nineties. Gaining influences from bands such as Dirty Dozen Brass Band and The Meters, Galactic was committed to developing a unique sound that would bring together genres such as rock, jazz, blues, and world music, electronic and hip hop.
The band has released a total of ten studio albums up till now, working with numerous record label companies such as Fog City Records, Polygram, Capricorn, Volcano Records and Sanctuary Records. Their debut album was named "Coolin’ Off" and was released back in 1996, after which a sophomore album called "Crazy Horse Mongoose" followed in 1998. The year 2000 brought forward another released by the band called "Late for the Future", after which another studio album was released, just a year later. This album was titled "We Love Em Tonight". The year 2003 brought forward two studio album releases; "Vintage Reserve" and "Ruckus" and both these albums were released via the Volcano Records Company. After Ruckus came "From the Corner to the Block" in 2007, with three more releases in the years 2010, 2011 and 2012 titled "Ya-Ka-May", "The Other Side of Midnight" and "Carnivale Electricos", respectively. Their recent albums have brought forward numerous collaborative works with reputable artists and performers such as Irma Thomas, Rebirth Brass Band, The Wild Magnolias, Walter Wolfman Washington and Allen Toussaint, amongst numerous others and have been released through the ANTI Record Label Company.
Ever since the band started playing back in the year 1994, its music style has evolved and matured over the years. Previously Galactic was seen performing music that had a very New Orleans funk sound to it, and their recent albums depict a sound that is more modern in nature and showcases an infusion of electronica, hip hop, jazz and funk sounds. This evolution has been achievable due to heavy usage of the saxophone, electronic and bass guitars and drums by the band members. A unique effect that has been added to the recent songs is the drum layer effect in which drummer Moore, makes use of phrase samplers to play over rhythms and create intricate layered drum tunes.
Some of the most popular tours by the group have been those on which they have shared the stage with bands such as The Counting Crows, Live, The Roots, the Allman Brothers Band, Fusebox Funk, B.B. King, Widespread Panic, Jurassic 5 and Mike Doughty. If you wish to relive some of the performances on its tours by this ensemble, all you need to do is consider making your way to their next concert that is coming your way. In order to confirm your attendance for the event, all that you need to do is get your hands on Galactic tickets without any further delay.