Funk Festival Tickets
This season the Funk Festival will be taking the music lovers by storm in Greensboro. Fans of jazz-funk music can look forward to watching some of the most highly distinguished artists set fire to the stage. With live entertainment that will leave the spectators grooving to the electrifying rhythms, the Jazzy Funk Festival is a fun-filled event. To become a part of the spectacular music extravaganza, it is advised that you buy Funk Festival tickets immediately.
Funk Festival Tickets
- Buy Flashback Funk Fest: Morris Day and The Time, Zapp, Dazz Band & Rose Royce, The Theater at MGM National Harbor Tickets for Fri Jun 19 2020 Flashback Funk Fest: Morris Day and The Time, Zapp, Dazz Band & Rose Royce, The Theater at MGM National Harbor, tickets for 06/19 19:30 at The Theater at MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD
- Fri Jun 19 2020
- Buy Flashback Funk Fest, Landers Center Tickets for Sun Jul 19 2020 Flashback Funk Fest, Landers Center, tickets for 07/19 19:00 at Landers Center, Southaven, MS
- Sun Jul 19 2020
- Buy FloydFest - 5 Day Pass, Floydfest Grounds Tickets for Wed Jul 22 2020 FloydFest - 5 Day Pass, Floydfest Grounds, tickets for 07/22 TBA at Floydfest Grounds, Floyd, VA
- Wed Jul 22 2020
- Buy Funk N The Greek, Greek Theatre - Los Angeles CA Tickets for Sat Aug 8 2020 Funk N The Greek, Greek Theatre - Los Angeles CA, tickets for 08/08 19:30 at Greek Theatre - Los Angeles CA, Los Angeles, CA
- Sat Aug 8 2020
- Buy Flashback Funk Fest, PNC Music Pavilion - Charlotte Tickets for Fri Aug 14 2020 Flashback Funk Fest, PNC Music Pavilion - Charlotte, tickets for 08/14 17:00 at PNC Music Pavilion - Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Fri Aug 14 2020
- Buy Flashback Funk Fest, Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek Tickets for Sat Aug 15 2020 Flashback Funk Fest, Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek, tickets for 08/15 17:00 at Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek, Raleigh, NC
- Sat Aug 15 2020
- Buy Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival: Tool, Lizzo, Tame Impala, Miley Cyrus, Flume & Lana Del Rey - 4 Day Pass, Manchester Farm Tickets for Thu Sep 24 2020 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival: Tool, Lizzo, Tame Impala, Miley Cyrus, Flume & Lana Del Rey - 4 Day Pass, Manchester Farm, tickets for 09/24 TBA at Manchester Farm, Manchester, TN
- Thu Sep 24 2020
- Buy Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival - Thursday, Manchester Farm Tickets for Thu Sep 24 2020 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival - Thursday, Manchester Farm, tickets for 09/24 12:00 at Manchester Farm, Manchester, TN
- Thu Sep 24 2020
The genre that will be celebrated through the festival combines elements of soul, R&B, and jazz and funk music. Such integration presents a sub-genre whose spectrum is quite diverse in nature. Apart from incorporating strong soul vocals and jazzy beats, the music also boasts funk riffs and disco arrangements. Jazz-funk gained mainstream popularity during the early 1970s throughout England and America. A few notables artists from the genre include Bobbi Humphrey, The Crusaders, John Scofield, Marcus Miller and Dexter Wansel, just to name a few. This time the jazz-funk musicians who will be lighting up stages at the Greensboro Coliseum and the White Oak Amphitheatre include Ronnie Laws, Sunshine Anderson, Tom Browne and Dazz Band.
Born in 1950, the first musician who will be performing at the Funk Festival is Ronnie Laws. Real name being Ronald Wayne Laws, the artist made his way into the entertainment industry in 1972. Apart from being a superb jazz singer, Laws is also a funk and blues saxophonist. The multi-talented artist initiated his music career when he became a member of a fledging ensemble, Earth, Wind & Fire in 1972. Playing the flute and saxophone for the band’s album called Last Days and Time; Laws soon left the band, in hopes of pursuing a solo career. Three years later, Laws was seen coming forward with his debut release, Pressure Sensitive. One single from the album, "Always There" helped Laws achieve massive commercial success, almost immediately. Over the years the track has been covered and played by countless artists. Such fame attracted the United Artists Records Company to approach Laws. Releasing his sophomore album named Flame via the recording label; Laws provided his fans with hit songs such as "Nuthin’ About Nuthin’", "Let’s Keep It Together", and "All for You". Apart from producing instrumentals, Laws has also sung notables releases collaborating with artists that include Howard Hewett, Arthur Adams, Hugh Masekela and Ramsey Lewis. Watch him perform his most popular tracks as he dominates the stage with his saxophone.
Another artist that will come under the spotlight at the festival is Sunshine Anderson. The American soul and R&B singer was born in 1974 in Winston-Salem. Moving to Charlotte to enroll into the North Carolina Central University, Anderson was discovered by Wallace Sellars, a record producer. Approaching Anderson himself, Sellars along with Mike City offered to work with the young singer on her debut album. Your Woman, that came out in 2001 received Gold certification and debuted at the eight spot on the Billboard Hot 200 chart. The album was also ranked number two on Top R&B Charts. Singles such as "Heard It All Before" peaked at the third and eighteen places of R&B Charts and Hot 100 Chart respectively. Signing up with Music World Entertainment, Anderson released her second album named Sunshine in Midnight in 2007. Landing on the sixteenth spot on the R&B Charts, the album also went Gold. Some of her most popular songs to date include "Force of Nature", "Lie to Kick It", "Say Something" and "Something I Wanna Give You". Listen to Anderson performing these smashing hits at the upcoming Funk Festival in Greensboro.
The musical festival that is expected to present an exciting lineup of musicians and singers can be attended by people of all ages. So what are you waiting for? Purchase Funk Festival tickets for yourself and your loved ones.
Q:Will I be able to buy Funk Festival Tickets on the day of the event?
A:Funk Festival Tickets are being sold on first come first serve basis so they will only be available for you to buy on the day of the event if they are not sold-out by then.