The popular American hardcore punk band of the 70s and 80s called Black Flag has made a comeback in the 21st century. The reunion is marked by not one but two separate groups, where one functions under the unchanged band name while the other is titled ‘Flag’. The former consists of drummer Gregory Moore, vocalist Ron Reyes led by Greg Ginn as guitarist, bassist and songwriter. On the other hand, Flag comprises of Bill Stevenson on drums, Dez Cadena on guitar and vocals, Chuck Dukowksi on bass led by the original front man and all round hardcore idol Keith Morris. Flag tickets are up for grabs as the Black Flag veterans prepare to put up a thrilling show of classic hardcore punk numbers.
- Buy Origami Angel & Mover Shaker, Red Flag Tickets for Wed Jun 3 2020 Origami Angel & Mover Shaker, Red Flag, tickets for 06/03 19:30 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Wed Jun 3 2020
- Buy Caligula's Horse, Moon Tooth & Ebonivory, Red Flag Tickets for Tue Jun 16 2020 Caligula's Horse, Moon Tooth & Ebonivory, Red Flag, tickets for 06/16 19:30 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Tue Jun 16 2020
- Buy Circle Jerks, Red Flag Tickets for Tue Jun 23 2020 Circle Jerks, Red Flag, tickets for 06/23 20:00 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Tue Jun 23 2020
- Buy Stand Atlantic, Red Flag Tickets for Sun Jun 28 2020 Stand Atlantic, Red Flag, tickets for 06/28 19:00 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Sun Jun 28 2020
- Buy Story Of The Year, Red Flag Tickets for Thu Jul 9 2020 Story Of The Year, Red Flag, tickets for 07/09 20:00 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Thu Jul 9 2020
- Buy 24-7 Spyz, Red Flag Tickets for Fri Jul 24 2020 24-7 Spyz, Red Flag, tickets for 07/24 19:30 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Fri Jul 24 2020
- Buy Mac Lethal, Red Flag Tickets for Fri Aug 7 2020 Mac Lethal, Red Flag, tickets for 08/07 19:30 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Fri Aug 7 2020
- Buy Black Flag & Line Cutters, The Canyon Santa Clarita Tickets for Sat Aug 15 2020 Black Flag & Line Cutters, The Canyon Santa Clarita, tickets for 08/15 21:00 at The Canyon Santa Clarita, Valencia, CA
- Sat Aug 15 2020
- Buy The Birthday Massacre, Red Flag Tickets for Sun Nov 22 2020 The Birthday Massacre, Red Flag, tickets for 11/22 18:30 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Sun Nov 22 2020
- Buy Misery Signals, Red Flag Tickets for Sat Nov 28 2020 Misery Signals, Red Flag, tickets for 11/28 16:30 at Red Flag, St. Louis, MO
- Sat Nov 28 2020
- Buy Anti-Flag, Exit In Tickets for Tue Dec 1 2020 Anti-Flag, Exit In, tickets for 12/01 20:00 at Exit In, Nashville, TN
- Tue Dec 1 2020
- Buy Anti-Flag, The Ballroom at The Outer Space Tickets for Sat Dec 12 2020 Anti-Flag, The Ballroom at The Outer Space, tickets for 12/12 20:00 at The Ballroom at The Outer Space, Hamden, CT
- Sat Dec 12 2020
- Buy Anti-Flag, Club Dada Tickets for Tue May 18 2021 Anti-Flag, Club Dada, tickets for 05/18 19:00 at Club Dada, Dallas, TX
- Tue May 18 2021
- Buy Anti-Flag, Gramercy Theatre Tickets for Fri Mar 14 2070 Anti-Flag, Gramercy Theatre, tickets for 03/14 TBA at Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY
- Fri Mar 14 2070
- Buy Anti-Flag, Brighton Music Hall - MA Tickets for Sat Mar 15 2070 Anti-Flag, Brighton Music Hall - MA, tickets for 03/15 TBA at Brighton Music Hall - MA, Allston, MA
- Sat Mar 15 2070
- Buy Anti-Flag, The Foundry - Philadelphia Tickets for Wed Mar 19 2070 Anti-Flag, The Foundry - Philadelphia, tickets for 03/19 TBA at The Foundry - Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Wed Mar 19 2070
- Buy Anti-Flag, Purgatory Stage at Masquerade - GA Tickets for Sat Mar 22 2070 Anti-Flag, Purgatory Stage at Masquerade - GA, tickets for 03/22 TBA at Purgatory Stage at Masquerade - GA, Atlanta, GA
- Sat Mar 22 2070
- Buy Anti-Flag, Grog Shop Tickets for Wed Mar 26 2070 Anti-Flag, Grog Shop, tickets for 03/26 TBA at Grog Shop, Cleveland, OH
- Wed Mar 26 2070
- Buy Anti-Flag, Rec Room - Buffalo Tickets for Thu Mar 27 2070 Anti-Flag, Rec Room - Buffalo, tickets for 03/27 TBA at Rec Room - Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Thu Mar 27 2070
It was January 27, 1979 at the Moose Hall in Redondo Beach, California that Black Flag was seen on stage for the very first time. Apart from their distinct punk sound, it was the sheer raw energy and aggression of their performance that earned them a great deal of attention and fan following across the country. The startling act of vocalist Keith Morris running around the stage with one of the venue’s available American flags wrapped around him gave immense publicity to the show.
The band’s original members that comprised of Morris, Chuck Dukowski, Greg Ginn and Robo, parted ways within a year of Black Flag’s formation. However, its music was further developed and kept in the limelight by its every shifting lineup of musicians. Between the late 70s and the early 80s, Black Flag produced six LPs, two live albums and two compilations, ‘Everything went Black’ and ‘The First Four Years’. Numerous EPs were also released containing the unique elements of free jazz, heave metal as well as break beats.
Upon facing creative hurdles and barriers, the Black Flag finally disbanded in the year 1986. By this time, they had invented and craved a strong and high place in the music world that many punk bands of the followed generation strived to match. The punk rock stars played their last concert of the time on June 27, 1986 in Detroit, Michigan.
Nearly three decades later, two rival reunions (Black Flag and Flag) of Black Flag have emerged for a series of highly anticipated music tours. The reunion concerts are expected to showcase the same smashing hits and power packed performances that left the audiences bouncing with joy during the era of the 70s and 80s.
In 2011, Keith Morris, Bill Stevenson, Chuck Dukowski and the Descendents’ Stephen Egerton performed the complete play of ‘Nervous Breakdown’ record at the Goldenvoice 30th anniversary show. The surprise music act that took place at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium was applauded and appreciated by the all present. The tremendously positive reviews and response compelled and encouraged the former Black Flag band mates to form a reunion band under the title of ‘Flag’. The veteran music artists thus invited Bill Stephen and Descendents guitarist Stephen Egerton to join the band, as their contribution had been crucial in the success of the ‘Nervous Breakdown’ performance of 2011.
This lineup that united under the title ‘Flag’ was announced in early 2013. Shortly afterwards the news of the joining of Black Flag’s third vocalist and one time guitarist Dez Cadena broke out . The musicians confirmed the information thus completing the star studded lineup of Flag.
The band is now all set to embark upon their music tour with the intention of bringing the old and longed Black Flag magic back to stage. According to the veteran members of the band their focus would not be to play about with the quality of the signature sound that they invented thirty to forty years back. Rather they shall channelize their energies in paying tribute to their cherished music beats which blend several genres while keeping the essence of punk alive. The distinction of sound, style and performance was what set the originals apart and the reunion band certainly recognizes this fact. So get your Flag tickets and join the musicians for a show that would transport you back in the ruling 80s era of hardcore punk.
Flag Ticket Prices
Currently the average price for Flag tickets is $255. The date and location for this event is 20-Jul-19 at Shoreline Amphitheatre - CA, Mountain View. The minimum get-in price for Flag tickets is $255.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Vans Warped Tour: Anti-Flag, The Aquabats, Ariana and The Rose & August Burns Red - Saturday||Mountain View||20-Jul-19||$255||$255|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.