Fantasia is a singer and actress from High Point, North Carolina. She is perhaps most known as the winner of the hit singing competition “American Idol”. She appeared in the third season and blew people away with her powerhouse vocals. After she won, she went on to release her first single, “I Believe” which was also her coronation song. This entered the charts at number one and thus her album, “Free Yourself” went to platinum status. It also earned her Grammy Award nominations and put her forth as one of “American Idol’s” biggest success stories. Her subsequent albums have been just as successful, topping the charts and winning several awards. She is known for her strong stage persona. On the stage, she is like no one else with her passion and powerful, dynamic singing. To get a chance to witness all this in person, get Fantasia tickets.
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae Heymann Performing Arts Center
- Fantasia Macon City Auditorium
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae Mead Theatre At Schuster Performing Arts Center
- Fantasia North Charleston Performing Arts Center
- Fantasia RiverCenter for the Performing Arts - Bill Heard Theatre
- Fantasia Stranahan Theater
- Fantasia Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae Von Braun Center Concert Hall
Latest Fantasia Events
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae, Heymann Performing Arts Center tickets for 11/16 07:30 PM at Heymann Performing Arts Center, Lafayette, LA
- Wed Nov 16 2016
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae, Macon City Auditorium tickets for 11/19 08:00 PM at Macon City Auditorium, Macon, GA
- Sat Nov 19 2016
- Fantasia, North Charleston Performing Arts Center tickets for 11/20 07:30 PM at North Charleston Performing Arts Center, North Charleston, SC
- Sun Nov 20 2016
- Fantasia, Stranahan Theatre tickets for 11/23 07:30 PM at Stranahan Theatre, Toledo, OH
- Wed Nov 23 2016
- Fantasia, Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater tickets for 11/25 08:00 PM at Times Union Ctr Perf Arts Moran Theater, Jacksonville, FL
- Fri Nov 25 2016
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 11/26 08:00 PM at Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sat Nov 26 2016
- Fantasia, RiverCenter for the Performing Arts - Bill Heard Theatre tickets for 11/27 07:30 PM at RiverCenter for the Performing Arts Bill Heard Theatre, Columbus, GA
- Sun Nov 27 2016
- Fantasia, Guordan Banks & La'Porsha Renae, Von Braun Center Concert Hall tickets for 12/03 08:00 PM at Von Braun Center Concert Hall, Huntsville, AL
- Sat Dec 03 2016
When Fantasia came to American Idol, it was her life story that caught the audience’s attention just as much as her singing talent did. While she was in high school, she was raped by another student which caused her to drop out. When she was sixteen and dating her ex boyfriend, Brandel Shouse, she became pregnant. Her daughter was born in 2001. It was then that she decided to change her life and rise above her challenges.
While she was on the show, it was her emotional rendition of "Summertime" that had the judges raving. That performance was named amongst the "greatest television moments of all time". Over the weeks, she continued to wow the audiences with her voice, and her singing style. Her R&B and soulful music was completely fresh and unique.
After her win, she was signed to "19 Entertainment" and began to work on her record right away. When her single went to number one, she became the first artist ever to have made a debut on the very top of the charts. Moreover, it remained at the spot for 11 weeks. No other "American Idol" contestant has managed this feat. For this single, she also received 3 Billboard Music Awards. Her first record sold 240,000 copies in the first week alone and debuted at number 8 on the album charts. She became an R&B sensation and was invited to perform at events that would tribute artists like Aretha Franklin.
She tried her hand at acting as well, when she played herself in the movie "Life is Not a Fairytale". This was the first formal recording of her life story. Debbie Allen was the director and when this was aired on the women’s network, it became the second most viewed film or program the network had ever had. This further propelled her into superstardom. After that, she collaborated with many artists, including Faith Hill, and Missy Elliot. She even recorded a duet with Aretha Franklin which was released in 2007 and gained much acclaim from fans and critics.
Fantasia tried her hand at Broadway as well when she starred in the theatrical production of "The Color Purple". To promote this, she appeared on American Idol once more and on the "Oprah Winfrey Show". This led to an increase of over two million Fantasia tickets in a single week. Broadway critics were absolutely spellbound with her performance, calling it close to greatness. She even performed on the Tony Awards stage later on in the same year.
It was in 2011 that Fantasia won her first ever Grammy Award having only been nominated before. It was for her song, "Bittersweet" and she won in the category of "Best Female R&B Vocal Performance". This was also the year that she got her first film acting job as Mahalia Jackson. It was a film about the singer’s life and was endorsed by Mahalia Jackson estate. Fantasia was to receive a handsome salary package and also a percentage from the box office sales. However, after Fantasia announced her pregnancy, there were rumours that her role had been taken back and that Mahalia’s people were not pleased. However, they later issued an apology to her and it was announced that the project has been put on hold. Aretha Franklin has also expressed that she would like Fantasia to play her if a film on her life is ever made.
This also became the year that the singer announced that she is getting back in the studio for her new album. Her new single "Lose to Win" has done quite well and is all she needed to get back into music.
Q:Can I have my Fantasia Tickets cancelled?
A:No, as per our company policy Fantasia Tickets once sold cannot be cancelled.