Eugene Onegin Tickets
Based on a novel in verse that was written by Alexander Pushkin, the opera Eugene Onegin revolves around the eponymous protagonist who became a model for a number of famous Russian literary heroes. The book is admired for the artfulness of its narrative verses and how it explores life, love, death and passion. Now prepare to witness this wonderful story in opera, so hurry up and buy your Eugene Onegin tickets.
Eugene Onegin Tickets
- Thu Apr 05 2018Buy Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater Tickets for Thu Apr 05 2018 Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater tickets for 04/05 08:00 PM Boston Conservatory Theater
- Thu Apr 05 2018
- Fri Apr 06 2018Buy Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater Tickets for Fri Apr 06 2018 Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater tickets for 04/06 08:00 PM Boston Conservatory Theater
- Fri Apr 06 2018
- Sat Apr 07 2018Buy Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater Tickets for Sat Apr 07 2018 Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater tickets for 04/07 08:00 PM Boston Conservatory Theater
- Sat Apr 07 2018
- Sun Apr 08 2018Buy Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater Tickets for Sun Apr 08 2018 Eugene Onegin, Boston Conservatory Theater tickets for 04/08 02:00 PM Boston Conservatory Theater
- Sun Apr 08 2018
- Fri Apr 20 2018Buy Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin, Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall Tickets for Fri Apr 20 2018 Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin, Neal S. Blaisdell Center Concert Hall tickets for 04/20 07:30 PM Neal S. Blaisdell Center Concert Hall
- Fri Apr 20 2018
- Sun Apr 22 2018Buy Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin, Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall Tickets for Sun Apr 22 2018 Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin, Neal S. Blaisdell Center Concert Hall tickets for 04/22 04:00 PM Neal S. Blaisdell Center Concert Hall
- Sun Apr 22 2018
- Tue Apr 24 2018Buy Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin, Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall Tickets for Tue Apr 24 2018 Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin, Neal S. Blaisdell Center Concert Hall tickets for 04/24 07:30 PM Neal S. Blaisdell Center Concert Hall
- Tue Apr 24 2018
Eugene Onegin is the story about a selfish hero who lives to regret his blasé rejection of a young woman’s love and his neglectful incitement of a fatal duel with his own best friend. The composition of the opera consists of seven scenes which are fitted into three acts. This has been done through the sheer mastery of Pyotr IIyich Tchaikovsky and Konstantin Shilovsky. The unforgettable utterances of the arioso of Lensky were penned by Tchaikovsky. In fact, he is responsible for creating the words for the arioso of Prince Gremin which takes place in the third act’s first scene. Konstantin Shilovsky made his contributions in M. Triquet’s verses for the first scene of the 2nd act. It very closely follows the poetry that is written in the Alexander Pushkin novel of the same name.
The title of story refers to the protagonist Eugene Onegin. The first performance by this opera was at Moscow in the year 1879. It has become a very well known example of lyrical opera, in which Tchaikovsky included music that emphasizes the dramatic nature of the story. The opera has been well received globally and consequently it has been played to rapt audiences in different parts of the world.
The concept of turning this classic Russian literature into an opera came in May of the year 1877, when Yelizaveta Lavrovskaya, who sang in the opera, suggested the idea to Tchaikovsky. According to the Tchaikovsky’s memoirs, he was not very receptive to the idea initially. However, after a while he was able to understand the need for it.
Konstantin Shilovsky offered to help Tchaikovsky in composing the opera. He used the original verses for Alexander Pushkin’s novel. However, he shed light on only those events and incidents that would highlight the ethos and pathos of the central characters. Since the story of Alexander Pushkin’s novel was so well known, Tchaikovsky’s opera version was not a continuous story; it only contains selected highlights of Eugene Onegin’s life. Tchaikovsky wanted the performance of the opera to be simple but sincere. He made the audience more involved and gave them credit for knowing the whole story, so that even if certain irrelevant facts were omitted, the audience would know. Tchaikovsky with the assistance of Shilovsky was able to complete his masterpiece in January, 1878.
The unique thing about the debut of the opera was that amateurs and students performed it since Tchaikovsky wanted Moscow Conservatory to be the first place where it was shown. The premiere took place at the Maly Theatre, Moscow on the March of 1879. The opera was conducted by Nikolai Rubinstein. The opera was successfully performed and two years later at the Bolshoi Theatre on 23rd of January 1881, the first performance of Eugene Onegin took place with Eduard Napravnik as the conductor.
Apart from Russia, the Eugene Onegin opera has been performed in several other European countries as well. The first performance of the opera outside of Russia took place in Prague, on the 6th of December in 1888. Tchaikovsky decided to take on the job of leading the opera on his own shoulders. The language used was Czech which required the services of Marie Cervinkova-Riegrova for the translation. On the 19th of January 1892, the opera was performed in Hamburg, Germany. Gustav Mahler was the conductor. Tchaikovsky was lauded for his sheer brilliance. Even Tchaikovsky himself was very impressed by Gustav Mahler’s conduction. The opera premiered in the United States as well so hurry and buy your Eugene Onegin tickets and relive this classic Russian tale.
Eugene Onegin Venues
- Eugene Onegin Boston Conservatory Theater
- Eugene Onegin Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall
Eugene Onegin Schedule
Nothing beats the joy of watching your favorite music artist perform live! Eugene Onegin's concert dates are out and fans are looking forward to the upcoming shows. The next concert will be held in Boston at the Boston Conservatory Theater on 5-Apr-18, while the last available date is for the event scheduled for Honolulu at the Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall on 24-Apr-18. For complete information regarding dates and venues, please visit our website.
|Eugene Onegin||Boston Conservatory Theater||Boston, MA||Thu Apr 05 201804/05 08:00 PM|
|Eugene Onegin||Boston Conservatory Theater||Boston, MA||Fri Apr 06 201804/06 08:00 PM|
|Eugene Onegin||Boston Conservatory Theater||Boston, MA||Sat Apr 07 201804/07 08:00 PM|
|Eugene Onegin||Boston Conservatory Theater||Boston, MA||Sun Apr 08 201804/08 02:00 PM|
|Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin||Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall||Honolulu, HI||Fri Apr 20 201804/20 07:30 PM|
|Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin||Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall||Honolulu, HI||Sun Apr 22 201804/22 04:00 PM|
|Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin||Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Concert Hall||Honolulu, HI||Tue Apr 24 201804/24 07:30 PM|
Eugene Onegin Tickets Prices
The average price for Eugene Onegin Tickets start from $32. The minimum get in price is $32 for Eugene Onegin Tickets at the Boston Conservatory Theater, Boston. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin||Honolulu||20-Apr-18||$228||$43|
|Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin||Honolulu||22-Apr-18||$258||$77|
|Hawaii Opera Theatre: Eugene Onegin||Honolulu||24-Apr-18||$232||$43|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.