Esperanza Spalding Tickets
Esperanza Spalding is a spectacular American jazz artist, best known for a unique style and sound that has captivated many a generation of jazz lovers. Born in Portland, Oregon, she is a singer, a composer and a musician who has mastered many an instrument, most notably a jazz bassist, playing the bass guitar and the upright bass. Music she composes often features styles from various genres, with jazz fusion, neo soul and bossa nova as the most common. She has been highly active since 2000, signed onto labels such as Merge, Hush and Heads Up International. As one of jazz’s best and brightest, she is a must see live via Esperanza Spalding tickets.
Esperanza Spalding Venues
- Esperanza Spalding Berklee Performance Center
- Esperanza Spalding Calvin Theatre
- Esperanza Spalding Carolina Theatre - Durham
- Esperanza Spalding Connor Palace Theatre
- Esperanza Spalding Keswick Theatre
- Esperanza Spalding Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Toronto
- Esperanza Spalding SFJAZZ Center - Miner Auditorium
- Esperanza Spalding University At Buffalo Center For The Arts
- Esperanza Spalding Walt Disney Concert Hall
Esperanza Spalding Cities
Latest Esperanza Spalding Events
- Esperanza Spalding, Keswick Theatre tickets for 10/02 08:00 PM at Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA
- Thu Oct 02 2014
- Esperanza Spalding, Berklee Performance Center tickets for 10/03 07:30 PM at Berklee Performance Center, Boston, MA
- Fri Oct 03 2014
- Esperanza Spalding, Calvin Theatre tickets for 10/04 08:00 PM at Calvin Theatre, Northampton, MA
- Sat Oct 04 2014
- Esperanza Spalding, Carolina Theatre - Durham tickets for 10/06 08:00 PM at Carolina Theatre Durham, Durham, NC
- Mon Oct 06 2014
- Esperanza Spalding, University At Buffalo Center For The Arts tickets for 10/09 07:30 PM at University At Buffalo Center For The Arts, Buffalo, NY
- Thu Oct 09 2014
- Esperanza Spalding, Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Toronto tickets for 10/10 08:00 PM at Queen Elizabeth Theatre Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Fri Oct 10 2014
- Esperanza Spalding, Connor Palace Theatre tickets for 10/11 07:30 PM at Connor Palace Theatre, Cleveland, OH
- Sat Oct 11 2014
- Esperanza Spalding, Walt Disney Concert Hall tickets for 04/26 07:30 PM at Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles, CA
- Sun Apr 26 2015
Esperanza Spalding has worked with many an artist during her career, often performing with them and even collaborating on songs and albums. Such artists include Joe Lovano, Stanley Clarke and Patti Austin, to name but a few. She is an award winning singer and multi-instrumentalist, who has won several awards, most notably the Grammy Award for the Best New Artist. This is an achievement that is monumental in the history of jazz, since she is the first jazz artist to win the Best New Artist award at the Grammy Awards.
Esperanza Spalding was born and grew up in the King neighbourhood, a place she describes as scary and ghetto like. She was raised by her mother as a single parent, as one of two siblings. At a young age, she was encouraged by her mother, who had nearly become a touring artist herself. She was also inspired towards a career in music when she who the famous cellist, Yo-Yo perform a classical people on an episode of the renowned TV series, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. This was when she was four years old and it thus ended up inspiring her to a path in music.
By the age of five, Esperanza Spalding had learned how to play the violin on her own and was performing with the Chamber Music Society of Oregon. She performed with it until the age of fifteen, leaving as the concertmaster. As for her education, she was homeschooled due to an illness. She would also often accompany her mother to jazz classes. She performed her first gig at the age of fifteen, and then joined a band with which she would go on to perform for over a year. She would then go on to study music at the Portland State University on a music scholarship as the youngest bass player in her class. She also went on to study at the Berklee College of Music on scholarship.
By then, Esperanza Spalding had made a name for herself as an amazing live performer, garnering reviews from The New York Times. She also won many honors, including the Boston Jazz Society’s scholarship for outstanding musicianship. In 2006, she released her first album through Ayva and went on a tour of the US alongside several musicians. She also started working on creating courses for Berklee College of Music students. Her next album was a self-titled release that featured songs in three different languages. It lead to her winning the Grammy Award for the Best New Artists as well as a spot on the Billboard 200 charts.
Esperanza Spalding was chosen by President Barack Obama to perform in his honor during the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony of 2009. She has also performed in festivals such as Austin City Limits, with many enjoying her music live via Esperanza Spalding tickets.
Q:Can I book Esperanza Spalding Tickets in advance?
A:Yes, you can book Esperanza Spalding Tickets from us in advance and that too at amazing prices. Log on to our website for details and book your tickets now.