English Beat Tickets
The English Beat band is known for its fun, fast and mostly uplifting songs. It has been in the scene for quite a long time now and so have developed a dedicated and huge fan following. Very soon they are coming near you to perform live, so get ready to have fun.
The English Beat band was founded in the year 1978 in England, at a time when there was social upheaval and high unemployment in the United Kingdom. The English Beat was one of those bands which were at the forefront of the ska revival movement when it was formed in the late 70s in Birmingham. Their songs were a fuse of ska, punk rock, soul, pop and reggae. Their lyrics mostly dealt with themes revolving around unity, love and topics that were sociopolitical.
Latest English Beat Events
- The English Beat, Mercury Ballroom, tickets for 11/28 8:00PM at Mercury Ballroom, Louisville, KY
- Sat Nov 28 2015
- The English Beat, The Waiting Room Lounge - Nebraska, tickets for 12/03 8:00PM at The Waiting Room Lounge - Nebraska, Omaha, NE
- Thu Dec 3 2015
- The English Beat, Gothic Theatre, tickets for 12/04 9:00PM at Gothic Theatre, Englewood, CO
- Fri Dec 4 2015
- The English Beat, The State Room, tickets for 12/08 8:00PM at The State Room, Salt Lake City, UT
- Tue Dec 8 2015
- The English Beat, Wonder Ballroom, tickets for 12/13 8:30PM at Wonder Ballroom, Portland, OR
- Sun Dec 13 2015
- The English Beat, Musical Instrument Museum - Music Theater, tickets for 12/15 7:00PM at Musical Instrument Museum - Music Theater, Phoenix, AZ
- Tue Dec 15 2015
- The English Beat, The Korova - San Antonio, tickets for 12/17 7:00PM at The Korova - San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- Thu Dec 17 2015
- The English Beat, Granada Theater - Dallas, tickets for 12/18 8:00PM at Granada Theater - Dallas, Dallas, TX
- Fri Dec 18 2015
- The English Beat, Canyon Club - CA, tickets for 12/27 9:00PM at Canyon Club - CA, Agoura Hills, CA
- Sun Dec 27 2015
- Rancid, The English Beat & The Interrupters, Warfield, tickets for 01/02 8:00PM at Warfield, San Francisco, CA
- Sat Jan 2 2016
- The English Beat, Belly Up Tavern, tickets for 02/05 9:00PM at Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach, CA
- Fri Feb 5 2016
The English Beat consists of Dave Wakeling, who provides the vocals as well as being the guitarist, David Steele on the bass, Everett Morton on drums and Saxa on the saxophone. Ranking Roger is also one of the vocalists and Andy Cox serves as the guitarist. Ranking Rogers and Saxa are both Jamaicans who added Jamaican vocal flavor and instrumental sound to the band’s music.
The English Beat’s fan base was mainly in the United Kingdom but it also gained huge popularity in Australia, mostly because of the exposure it got on the radio stations as well as the TV show Countdown and Triple J. The English Beat also had a huge fan following in North America. The band recorded their first single called Tears of a Clown, which was the cover version of a Motown hit song by the Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. The English Beat was able to release as many as three studio albums in the earlier period of the 1980s. The first one was called I Just Can't Stop It and was released in the year 1980. There were several remarkable singles from the first album of the band, which included Mirror in the Bathroom, Can't Get Used to Losing You, Best Friend and Hands off She's Mine.
The English Beat’s second album, which was called Wha'ppen?, which was released in 1981, resulted in more UK hit songs, which included Too Nice to Talk To and All Out to Get You. Both of these songs were able to break into the UK Singles Chart on the Top 40. The English Beat also received immense support from the modern rock radio stations, such s KYYX in Settle and KROQ in Los Angeles. The English Beat’s third album was called Special Beat Service and it came out in the year 1982. The bands song Mirror in the Bathroom is considered to be its best, although it is different from what most of their songs are like. It is more sober and introspective unlike their other songs which have more of a fun and fast feel to them. The English Beat was always known to be a band that produced songs which were party hits and were perfect to dance to.
The English Beat is known to have toured world over with some of the most well-known artists, which include The Clash, The Pretenders, David Bowie, The Police, Talking Heads, R.E.M. and The Specials. Some of the members of the band are known to have often collaborated with The Specials on stage. The English Beat’s second album Wha'ppen? was promoted extensively by the band as it toured the whole of the United States with Talking Heads and The Pretenders. In the year 2003, The English Beat performed with its original lineup but minus Cox and Steele at a completely sold-out gig at the Royal Festival Hall.
The English Beat Tickets will most likely sell out quickly so it’s better to buy these tickets as soon as possible so as not to miss out on this awesome opportunity to see the band perform live. You know the hits songs of the band and you sure do know the lyrics too, so get ready to have a great time very soon, very near you. It is the perfect chance for you to enjoy the band’s music live.
Q:When will you deliver my English Beat tickets?
A:You English Beat Tickets will be delivered to you a week before the event.