Emanuel Ax Tickets
Emanuel Ax is an internationally renowned figure when it comes to classical music. His talents as a classical pianist have also earned him a Grammy Award. As a pianist and a performer, Emanuel Ax enjoys international acclaim that is why he performs at various concert halls all across the world. With his musical style, Ax is a strong supporter of contemporary composers and in the recent few years, he has given three world premieres of his works. Ax has diversity in his style of playing; and that is mainly because he observes and performs the works by the composers like Hans Werner Hanze, Paul Hindemeth, Sir Michael Tippett and Joseph Schwantner. Apart from these contemporary names, Ax is also heard performing the traditional classic composers like Beethoven, Chopin and Mozart. His performances of these classical works have been well praised by the followers of classical music, which is why Emanuel tickets usually grow high in demand during each of his performing seasons.
Emanuel Ax Venues
- New York Philharmonic: Emanuel Ax & Brahms Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center
- Emanuel Ax Carnegie Hall - Isaac Stern Auditorium
- Emanuel Ax Coronado Performing Arts Center
- Itzhak Perlman & Emanuel Ax Ravinia Pavilion
- Nashville Symphony: Emanuel Ax Schermerhorn Symphony Center
- Emanuel Ax, Leonidas Kavakos & Yo-Yo Ma Tanglewood
Emanuel Ax Cities
Latest Emanuel Ax Events
- Nashville Symphony: Emanuel Ax, Schermerhorn Symphony Center tickets for 04/03 08:00 PM at Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Nashville, TN
- Fri Apr 03 2015
- Nashville Symphony: Emanuel Ax, Schermerhorn Symphony Center tickets for 04/04 08:00 PM at Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Nashville, TN
- Sat Apr 04 2015
- Emanuel Ax, Coronado Performing Arts Center tickets for 04/18 07:30 PM at Coronado Performing Arts Center, Rockford, IL
- Sat Apr 18 2015
- Michael Tilson Thomas & Emanuel Ax: Mozart and Mahler, Tanglewood Music Center tickets for 07/25 08:30 PM at Tanglewood Music Center, Lenox, MA
- Sat Jul 25 2015
- Emanuel Ax, Leonidas Kavakos & Yo-Yo Ma, Tanglewood Music Center tickets for 08/06 08:00 PM at Tanglewood Music Center, Lenox, MA
- Thu Aug 06 2015
- Itzhak Perlman & Emanuel Ax, Ravinia Pavilion tickets for 09/09 08:00 PM at Ravinia Pavilion, Highland Park, IL
- Wed Sep 09 2015
Born in Poland and raised in Canada, Emanuel Ax studied and graduated from the Julliard School with the help of Epstein Scholarship Program of the Boys Clubs of America. Later on, he also went on to win the Young Concert Artists Award. Subsequently, he enrolled in Columbia University where he took French as his major. As a pianist, Emanuel Ax initially had a taste of some public attention when he won the Arthur Rubinstein International Piano Competition in 1974 that was held in Tel Aviv. In the following year, he claimed the Michaels Award of Young Concert Artists.
He kicked off his present season with a performing at the Barbican Centre and after that he also performed with London Symphony Orchestra at the Lincoln Center as conducted by Bernard Haitink. He also collaborated with Mariss Jansons, Concertgebuoworkester during their international tour in Japan, China, Amsterdam and Bucharest. Later in his current season, he performed as a part of a project which included the new pieces of works by the composers Nico Muhly, Brett Dean, Anders Hillborg, and Missy Mazzoli which were all inspired by the work of Brahms. All of these works were commissioned jointly between the Cal Performances Berkeley, Carnegie Hall, Los Angeles Philharmonic, and Chicago Symphony. Yo-Yo Ma and Anne Sophie von Otter also collaborated for the project.
Emanuel Ax has his future performances scheduled to be staged in Australia and Hong Kong. He will be performing Beethoven concert in complete cycle during these performances. He will also be collaborating with the Chief conductor David Roberston and Sir Andrew Davis on some of his performances in Australia. If you wish to catch any of these performances, you can do so by getting your Emanuel tickets.
Quite recently, apart from working as an artist in residence with New York Philharmonic, Emanuel Ax has also released his most recent recitals of the works of Copland, Schumann, and Haydn on a disc released by Sony Classical. He also performed along with the same orchestra during its tour of Europe along with the conductor Alan Gilbert. Upon his return, he also performed alongside other orchestras in Atlanta, Washington D.C, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.
For his outstanding work as a classical musician, Emanuel Ax has also been a recipient of numerous Awards and accolades including five Grammy Awards for the category of Best Chamber Music Performance and two Grammy Awards for Best Instrumental Soloist Performance (without Orchestra) in 1995 and 2004. In 2007, he was also awarded the honorary fellowship of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He also won the Award of Excellence from the International Center in New York. With all these awards stacking up on his wall, Emanuel Ax remains dedicated to what he does the best; making music and entertaining people with his amazing melodies.