Earth, Wind & Fire is a rock and jazz band based in Chicago, Illinois. They are perhaps one of the biggest critics’ choice bands of this century and have been generating a lot of buzz in the music magazines since their inception in 1969. They have often been describes as being innovative with calculated artistic risks. They are precise with their sound, yet they manage to sound sensual at the same time. The band has a huge lineup, but its consistent members have been Maurice White, Philip Bailey, Verdine White, and Ralph Johnson. Their performances are known to be creative and lively. To attend the event, buy Earth tickets for their summer concert series.
Latest Earth Events
- Iced Earth, House Of Blues - Orlando, tickets for 04/24 6:00PM at House Of Blues - Orlando, Orlando, FL
- Thu Apr 24 2014
- Iced Earth, Revolution Live, tickets for 04/25 6:00PM at Revolution Live, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Fri Apr 25 2014
- Iced Earth, State Theatre - FL, tickets for 04/26 TBA at State Theatre - FL, Saint Petersburg, FL
- Sat Apr 26 2014
- Iced Earth, Trees, tickets for 04/29 8:00PM at Trees, Dallas, TX
- Tue Apr 29 2014
- Iced Earth, House Of Blues - Sunset Strip, tickets for 05/02 6:30PM at House Of Blues - Sunset Strip, West Hollywood, CA
- Fri May 2 2014
- Iced Earth, Knitting Factory Spokane (formerly Big Easy Spokane), tickets for 05/05 TBA at Knitting Factory Spokane (formerly Big Easy Spokane), Spokane, WA
- Mon May 5 2014
- Iced Earth, The Venue - Vancouver, tickets for 05/07 TBA at The Venue - Vancouver, Vancouver, BC
- Wed May 7 2014
- Earth, Wind and Fire, Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino, tickets for 05/09 8:00PM at Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino, Indio, CA
- Fri May 9 2014
- Discover Music: Our Earth, Benaroya Hall, tickets for 05/10 11:00AM at Benaroya Hall, Seattle, WA
- Sat May 10 2014
- Earth, Wind and Fire, Harrah's Southern California Casino & Resort (Formerly Harrah's Rincon Casino & Resort), tickets for 05/11 7:00PM at Harrah's Southern California Casino & Resort (Formerly Harrah's Rincon Casino & Resort), Valley Center, CA
- Sun May 11 2014
- Iced Earth, The Summit Music Hall, tickets for 05/14 TBA at The Summit Music Hall, Denver, CO
- Wed May 14 2014
- Iced Earth, Sunshine Theatre, tickets for 05/15 TBA at Sunshine Theatre, Albuquerque, NM
- Thu May 15 2014
- Iced Earth, Diamond Ballroom, tickets for 05/16 TBA at Diamond Ballroom, Oklahoma City, OK
- Fri May 16 2014
- Earth, Wind and Fire, Sands Bethlehem Event Center, tickets for 06/17 8:00PM at Sands Bethlehem Event Center, Bethlehem, PA
- Tue Jun 17 2014
- Earth, Wind and Fire, New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Prudential Hall, tickets for 06/19 8:00PM at New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Prudential Hall, Newark, NJ
- Thu Jun 19 2014
- Earth, Wind and Fire, New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Prudential Hall, tickets for 06/20 8:00PM at New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Prudential Hall, Newark, NJ
- Fri Jun 20 2014
On the whole, Earth, Wind & Fire is one of the most highly appreciated bands of the twentieth century. They are popular for their variety of performance in rock, disco, jazz, R&B, and soul. They are often featured in the Rolling Stone magazine. They have had a number of members but the founding member, Maurice White, has remained in the band throughout the years.
The band’s music has always been very widely appreciated. To this date, they have about twenty Grammy Awards nominations, not counting the ones that Bailey and White received and won as individual artists. They have also bagged four American Music Awards from a nomination of twelve. The BET Awards presented them with a "Lifetime Achievement Award." They have also been inducted to the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the American Society of Composers. Moreover, their legacy has been cemented in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as well as the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They are also not behind in sales with more than 90 million records been distributed worldwide.
Earth, Wind &Fire stand out from all the other bands of their time because of their unique and innovative style. Their records all have the most amazing horn section which adds a sense of energy to their songs. They are also known for their energetic shows which are always very meticulously put together. The lighting and set designs of these shows have won many awards on their own. When they perform live, White and Bailey’s voices mesh extremely well. White is the tenor while Bailey sings in falsetto, yet when their singing voices combine to sing harmonies, it all gels together. Their music also frequently features the Kalimba, which is a kind of an African piano.
The band produced the most number of hits during the 1980s. In those days, they were popular for releasing singles such as "Shining Star", "Devotion", "Boogie Wonderland" and "That’s the Way of the World." Two of these songs have ended up in the Grammy Hall of Fame. Yet another one of their achievements is that they were the first ever African American artists to sell out Madison Square Garden. Even those artists who perform very well on the charts have not been able to do that. The ability of a band’s live performing and the popularity of their concerts is well judged by this. Thus, they received the Gold Ticket Award presented by the venue as well. More recently, they were invited by president Obama to perform at the White House when the new administration was appointed.
As far as releasing studio albums is concerned, the band had been on a hiatus for a very long time. There had been rumors circulating about their big comeback which were confirmed by the band themselves in 2013. Thus they finally released their much awaited new album in September of 2013. This was the first record that the band had composed in over eight years.
Their musicality is so powerful and so legendary that it has paved the way for many pop stars that came after them. People like Cee Lo Green or Will Smith have always cited them as one of their biggest influences. Earth tickets are now available in the market. So get yours booked to enjoy the old and new songs by the iconic rock band.