Earth, Wind & Fire is a rock and jazz band based in Chicago, Illinois. They are perhaps one of the biggest critics’ choice bands of this century and have been generating a lot of buzz in the music magazines since their inception in 1969. They have often been describes as being innovative with calculated artistic risks. They are precise with their sound, yet they manage to sound sensual at the same time. The band has a huge lineup, but its consistent members have been Maurice White, Philip Bailey, Verdine White, and Ralph Johnson. Their performances are known to be creative and lively. To attend the event, buy Earth tickets for their summer concert series.
Latest Earth Events
- Horn-O-Plenty: Railroad Earth 2-Day Pass, Sherman Theater, tickets for 11/28 TBA at Sherman Theater, Stroudsburg, PA
- Fri Nov 28 2014
- Horn-O-Plenty: Railroad Earth, Sherman Theater, tickets for 11/28 8:00PM at Sherman Theater, Stroudsburg, PA
- Fri Nov 28 2014
- Horn-O-Plenty: Railroad Earth, Sherman Theater, tickets for 11/29 8:00PM at Sherman Theater, Stroudsburg, PA
- Sat Nov 29 2014
- UAH College Of Liberal Arts: Peace On Earth: Lee Greenwood, Von Braun Center Concert Hall, tickets for 12/05 7:30PM at Von Braun Center Concert Hall, Huntsville, AL
- Fri Dec 5 2014
- Dynamic Earth, Fiske Planetarium, tickets for 12/14 4:00PM at Fiske Planetarium, Boulder, CO
- Sun Dec 14 2014
- Railroad Earth, Variety Playhouse, tickets for 12/29 8:30PM at Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA
- Mon Dec 29 2014
- Railroad Earth, Variety Playhouse, tickets for 12/30 8:30PM at Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA
- Tue Dec 30 2014
- Railroad Earth, Variety Playhouse, tickets for 12/31 8:00PM at Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA
- Wed Dec 31 2014
- Railroad Earth, First Avenue, tickets for 01/15 8:00PM at First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
- Thu Jan 15 2015
- Railroad Earth, The Pageant, tickets for 01/17 8:00PM at The Pageant, Saint Louis, MO
- Sat Jan 17 2015
- Railroad Earth, Pabst Theater, tickets for 01/18 8:00PM at Pabst Theater, Milwaukee, WI
- Sun Jan 18 2015
- Railroad Earth, Ogden Theatre, tickets for 01/22 9:00PM at Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
- Thu Jan 22 2015
- Railroad Earth, Ogden Theatre, tickets for 01/23 9:00PM at Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
- Fri Jan 23 2015
- Railroad Earth, Ogden Theatre, tickets for 01/24 9:00PM at Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
- Sat Jan 24 2015
- Railroad Earth, Granada - Lawrence, tickets for 01/25 8:00PM at Granada - Lawrence, Lawrence, KS
- Sun Jan 25 2015
- Railroad Earth, Cains Ballroom, tickets for 01/28 7:30PM at Cains Ballroom, Tulsa, OK
- Wed Jan 28 2015
- Railroad Earth, House Of Blues - Dallas, tickets for 01/29 8:00PM at House Of Blues - Dallas, Dallas, TX
- Thu Jan 29 2015
On the whole, Earth, Wind & Fire is one of the most highly appreciated bands of the twentieth century. They are popular for their variety of performance in rock, disco, jazz, R&B, and soul. They are often featured in the Rolling Stone magazine. They have had a number of members but the founding member, Maurice White, has remained in the band throughout the years.
The band’s music has always been very widely appreciated. To this date, they have about twenty Grammy Awards nominations, not counting the ones that Bailey and White received and won as individual artists. They have also bagged four American Music Awards from a nomination of twelve. The BET Awards presented them with a "Lifetime Achievement Award." They have also been inducted to the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the American Society of Composers. Moreover, their legacy has been cemented in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as well as the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They are also not behind in sales with more than 90 million records been distributed worldwide.
Earth, Wind &Fire stand out from all the other bands of their time because of their unique and innovative style. Their records all have the most amazing horn section which adds a sense of energy to their songs. They are also known for their energetic shows which are always very meticulously put together. The lighting and set designs of these shows have won many awards on their own. When they perform live, White and Bailey’s voices mesh extremely well. White is the tenor while Bailey sings in falsetto, yet when their singing voices combine to sing harmonies, it all gels together. Their music also frequently features the Kalimba, which is a kind of an African piano.
The band produced the most number of hits during the 1980s. In those days, they were popular for releasing singles such as "Shining Star", "Devotion", "Boogie Wonderland" and "That’s the Way of the World." Two of these songs have ended up in the Grammy Hall of Fame. Yet another one of their achievements is that they were the first ever African American artists to sell out Madison Square Garden. Even those artists who perform very well on the charts have not been able to do that. The ability of a band’s live performing and the popularity of their concerts is well judged by this. Thus, they received the Gold Ticket Award presented by the venue as well. More recently, they were invited by president Obama to perform at the White House when the new administration was appointed.
As far as releasing studio albums is concerned, the band had been on a hiatus for a very long time. There had been rumors circulating about their big comeback which were confirmed by the band themselves in 2013. Thus they finally released their much awaited new album in September of 2013. This was the first record that the band had composed in over eight years.
Their musicality is so powerful and so legendary that it has paved the way for many pop stars that came after them. People like Cee Lo Green or Will Smith have always cited them as one of their biggest influences. Earth tickets are now available in the market. So get yours booked to enjoy the old and new songs by the iconic rock band.