One of America’s highly distinguished bands, Dawes is touring throughout America. Fans now have the opportunity of watching them perform in Wisconsin, New York, Iowa, Tennessee, Minnesota, Missouri and Maryland. Their folk and indie rock tunes have been mesmerizing audiences for over four years now. As a result the ensemble has been able to create a household name throughout the region. If you are one of their loyal supporters, you are advised to purchase Dawes tickets today to attend any of the upcoming concerts.
- Dawes Bunkhouse
- Dawes Club Red at Telluride Conference Center
- LA Bluegrass Situation: Dawes & Punch Brothers Greek Theatre - Los Angeles CA
- Dawes Iron City - Birmingham
- Dawes & James Vincent McMorrow Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom
- Dawes Music Farm - Columbia
- Dawes North Carolina Museum Of Art
- Dawes Royale Boston
- Dawes The Academy of Contemporary Music
- Dawes The Crescent Ballroom - Phoenix
- Dawes The Fillmore - San Francisco
- Dawes Birmingham AL
- Dawes Boston MA
- Dawes Columbia SC
- Dawes Las Vegas NV
- Dawes Los Angeles CA
- Dawes Oklahoma City OK
- Dawes Phoenix AZ
- Dawes Portland OR
- Dawes Raleigh NC
- Dawes San Francisco CA
- Dawes Telluride CO
Latest Dawes Events
- Dawes, The Academy of Contemporary Music tickets for 08/05 08:00 PM at The Academy of Contemporary Music, Oklahoma City, OK
- Wed Aug 05 2015
- Dawes & James Vincent McMorrow, Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom tickets for 08/12 08:00 PM at Mcmenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR
- Wed Aug 12 2015
- Dawes, Club Red at Telluride Conference Center tickets for 08/22 08:00 PM at Club Red at Telluride Conference Center, Telluride, CO
- Sat Aug 22 2015
- Dawes, The Crescent Ballroom - Phoenix tickets for 08/23 08:00 PM at The Crescent Ballroom Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Sun Aug 23 2015
- Dawes, The Fillmore - San Francisco tickets for 09/18 09:00 PM at The Fillmore San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Fri Sep 18 2015
- Dawes, North Carolina Museum Of Art tickets for 09/25 06:30 PM at North Carolina Museum Of Art, Raleigh, NC
- Fri Sep 25 2015
- Dawes, Iron City - Birmingham tickets for 09/29 08:00 PM at Iron City Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Tue Sep 29 2015
- Dawes, Music Farm - Columbia tickets for 09/30 09:00 PM at Music Farm Columbia, Columbia, SC
- Wed Sep 30 2015
Hailing from Los Angeles, California, Dawes was established back in 2009 by brothers, Griffin and Taylor Goldsmith. It was formed after the dismemberment of the rock group, Simon Dawes, when one of its prime songwriters, Blake Mills decided to pursue other goals. The two remaining members, Taylor and Griffin then decided to create their own band that would have a folk rock sound to it. With this Dawes came into existence. The current member lineup consists of Tay Strathairn playing keyboards, Wylie Gelber on bass, Griffin Goldsmith handling the drums and Taylor Goldsmith providing vocals and playing the guitar.
Some of the bands greatest influences include the great Neil Young and Crosby, Stills and Nash. Dawes got its big break when record producer Jonathan Wilson invited the group to perform at an informal jam session where groups such as The Black Crowes’s, Conor Oberst and Benmont Trench were also playing. They were immediately signed onto ATO Records and started working on recording their debut album in the North American studios.
The debut release was named "North Hills" and was made public in 2009. The album consisted of eleven tracks that ran for a total of fifty five minutes. It landed amongst the top 30 records on the Billboard US Top Heatseekers Albums Chart. Receiving a majority of positive reviews, the album was awarded a ninety three percent rating by AbsolutePunk and an eighty two percent by Filter. Rolling Stone magazine reviewed the release stating that it provided an "authentically vintage sound".
Following this album, the original keyboardist quit from Dawes and Tay Strathairn took his place. In the same year, the folk rock group was seen making its way to television. They debuted on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson after which the members took off to working on their sophomore album. The record was called "Nothing is wrong" and was released in America via ATO Records and in Europe through Loose Music.
With a total of eleven tracks that played for a time of fifty two minutes, "Nothing is wrong" was placed in the fifth spot on Billboard Folk Albums, number eight on Billboard Top Tastemaker Albums and in tenth place on Billboard Independent Albums. The record also was added to Uncut’s 2011 list of "Top 50 Albums". Like the band’s debut album, its second release also garnered positive reviews from critics and public alike. Apart from getting an accumulated score of eight out of ten by critic publications such as No Ripcord and Paste, the album was awarded five stars by The Independent and Glide Magazine.
In the same year, Dawes embarked on a headlining tour in America where the members played alongside Blitzen Trapper. The most recent release by the indie rock group came forth in 2013. The album is named "Stories Don’t End" and has been released throughout US via Red General Catalog and in Canada through Hub Records.
Dawes fans now have the opportunity of watching their favorite rock group perform hits from all three albums. To confirm your entry for anyone of their forthcoming events, all you need to do is grab Dawes tickets immediately.
Q:Can i pay for Dawes Tickets through cash?
A:You cannot pay for Dawes Tickets through cash as it is not our company's policy. Use plastic money instead.