David Allan Coe Tickets
David Allan Coe is a country music singer and songwriter from Akron, Ohio. He is known for popularizing the outlaw country genre for which he become particularly famous during the 1970s and 80s era. Some of his most known hits were “You Never Ever Called Me by My Name”, “Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile” and “Longhaired Redneck”. But perhaps his biggest hit to date was the song “Would You Lay With Me (In a Field of Stone)”. This single went number one in many countries and was covered by many popular artists such as Tanya Tucker. His other famous hit was “Take This Job and Shove it”. This song was also famously covered by Johnny Paycheck and was featured in the hit film. For his latest concert, David Allan Coe tickets are now available.
David Allan Coe Venues
- David Allan Coe B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York
- David Allan Coe Brauerhouse
- David Allan Coe Jergel's Rhythm Grille
- David Allan Coe Lafayette Theater
- David Allan Coe Stafford Palace Theater
- David Allan Coe Tarheel Opry House
- David Allan Coe The Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh
David Allan Coe Cities
- David Allan Coe Jacksonville NC
- David Allan Coe Lafayette IN
- David Allan Coe Lombard IL
- David Allan Coe New York NY
- David Allan Coe Raleigh NC
- David Allan Coe Stafford Springs CT
- David Allan Coe Warrendale PA
David Allan Coe Tickets
- Sat Mar 31 2018Sat Mar 31 2018
- Buy David Allan Coe, Lafayette Theater Tickets for 03/31 08:00 PM David Allan Coe, Lafayette Theater tickets for 03/31 08:00 PM at Lafayette Theater, Lafayette, IN
- Sat Mar 31 2018
- Sat Apr 07 2018Sat Apr 07 2018
- Buy David Allan Coe, The Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh Tickets for 04/07 08:00 PM David Allan Coe, The Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh tickets for 04/07 08:00 PM at The Lincoln Theatre Raleigh, Raleigh, NC
- Sat Apr 07 2018
- Fri Apr 27 2018Fri Apr 27 2018
- Buy David Allan Coe, Brauerhouse Tickets for 04/27 09:00 PM David Allan Coe, Brauerhouse tickets for 04/27 09:00 PM at Brauerhouse, Lombard, IL
- Fri Apr 27 2018
- Sat May 12 2018Sat May 12 2018
- Buy David Allan Coe, Tarheel Opry House Tickets for 05/12 07:00 PM David Allan Coe, Tarheel Opry House tickets for 05/12 07:00 PM at Tarheel Opry House, Jacksonville, NC
- Sat May 12 2018
- Tue May 15 2018Tue May 15 2018
- Buy David Allan Coe, Stafford Palace Theater Tickets for 05/15 08:00 PM David Allan Coe, Stafford Palace Theater tickets for 05/15 08:00 PM at Stafford Palace Theater, Stafford Springs, CT
- Tue May 15 2018
- Wed May 16 2018Wed May 16 2018
- Buy David Allan Coe, B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York Tickets for 05/16 07:30 PM David Allan Coe, B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York tickets for 05/16 07:30 PM at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill New York, New York, NY
- Wed May 16 2018
- Sat May 19 2018Sat May 19 2018
- Buy David Allan Coe, Jergel's Rhythm Grille Tickets for 05/19 08:00 PM David Allan Coe, Jergel's Rhythm Grille tickets for 05/19 08:00 PM at Jergel's Rhythm Grille, Warrendale, PA
- Sat May 19 2018
Coe began his career in his hometown of Akron. He was inspired by singers such as Johnny Ace and vowed to be like them someday. By the age of 9, he began to take a keen interest in music. However, he was sent to a reform school, a place he continued to visit for the next 20 years of his life. He gained the motivation to become a songwriter from Jay Hawkins, someone he would write songs with during the time they spent together in jail. When he recalls his time spent as a convict, he talks of how he was bullied and was the victim of racist slurs because he had made friends with black inmates. David went back to jail in 1967 after which he started a career in music when he went to Nashville. He lived very near to the "Grand Ole Opry" and would often catch well known singers visit the place with their producers. This was how he met with an official from "Plantation Records" and managed to score a deal with them by the end of the year. During this time, Coe had nowhere else to go—he had lost his home to the "Internal Revenue Service" and was living at a cave instead. The contract helped him in getting back up and starting a legitimate career.
By 1968, David Allan had finally released his first album by the name of "Penitentiary Blues". This also led to his tour with the "Grand Funk Railroad". By 1971, he had listed himself as a songwriter for the "Windows Publishing Company" where he worked alongside Rose Drake and Pete Drake. He wrote many well known songs for other artists, most prominently "Souvenirs and California Mem’rys" for Billie Jo Spears. Later on, he even wrote a track for Tanya Tucker, giving her a number one, and earning the title of being the top songwriter of Nashville. With his credibility and chart performance, he managed to get a recording contract with "Columbia Records". With his new label, he recorded his own version of the song he wrote for Tucker, "Would You Lay With Me (In a Field of Stone)". He also covered songs by other artists in his new record, including John Prine and Steve Goodman. This song reached the top 10 of the Billboard. This was followed by a steady string of more chart successes.
Coe has a music style today that skews towards more rock and the blues than pure country music. His tone of singing has been described as being a "throaty baritone". The lyrics he writes for his songs are often comedic and even sarcastic. William Ruhlmann has often described him as being almost of a parody artist rather than a country singer. Others like Stephen Thomas Erlewine have called him an unashamed artist, indulging in a honky tonk, harder sounding country, singing about his time in prison, and other gritty subjects. He has also been called an outlaw through and through.
The subject matter of his songs furthermore revolve around drug and alcohol abuse, often blatantly so to the point where it sounds smug. Some have struggled to correctly find a name for his genre; some calling it redneck music and others naming it the voodoo blues. For these topics, he has cited Jerry Lee Lewis, Tony Joe White and Charlie Rich as his main influences. This also gives his music a punk edge. Another reason why he has always been the centre of controversy is the fact that there have not been many country singers who sing so openly about suck inappropriate themes. One thing that can be guaranteed however, is that his fans will enjoy the almost rock concert like show that he puts together, making David Allan Coe tickets worthwhile.
David Allan Coe Schedule
Nothing beats the joy of watching your favorite music artist perform live! David Allan Coe's concert dates are out and fans are looking forward to the upcoming shows. The next concert will be held in Lafayette at the Lafayette Theater on 31-Mar-18, while the last available date is for the event scheduled for Warrendale at the Jergel's Rhythm Grille on 19-May-18. For complete information regarding dates and venues, please visit our website.
|David Allan Coe||Lafayette Theater||Lafayette, IN||Sat Mar 31 201803/31 08:00 PM|
|David Allan Coe||The Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh||Raleigh, NC||Sat Apr 07 201804/07 08:00 PM|
|David Allan Coe||Brauerhouse||Lombard, IL||Fri Apr 27 201804/27 09:00 PM|
|David Allan Coe||Tarheel Opry House||Jacksonville, NC||Sat May 12 201805/12 07:00 PM|
|David Allan Coe||Stafford Palace Theater||Stafford Springs, CT||Tue May 15 201805/15 08:00 PM|
|David Allan Coe||B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York||New York, NY||Wed May 16 201805/16 07:30 PM|
|David Allan Coe||Jergel's Rhythm Grille||Warrendale, PA||Sat May 19 201805/19 08:00 PM|
David Allan Coe Tickets Prices
The average price for David Allan Coe Tickets start from $126. The minimum get in price is $28 for David Allan Coe Tickets at the The Lincoln Theatre - Raleigh, Raleigh. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|David Allan Coe||Lafayette||31-Mar-18||$126||$35|
|David Allan Coe||Raleigh||7-Apr-18||$135||$28|
|David Allan Coe||Lombard||27-Apr-18||$221||$164|
|David Allan Coe||Jacksonville||12-May-18||$161||$31|
|David Allan Coe||Stafford Springs||15-May-18||$184||$86|
|David Allan Coe||New York||16-May-18||$155||$46|
|David Allan Coe||Warrendale||19-May-18||$129||$122|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.
Q:My credit card isn't charged for david allen coe tickets as yet. How long is it going to take?
A:Your credit card will be charged for david allen coe tickets with in one business day. We apologize for the delay.