Just when you think indie music cannot get any better, bands like Daughter pop up. The group was a best-kept secret in the underground music scene which worked like this for a couple of years before surfacing on the mainstream in 2010. Coming out, the band became the hottest indie-folk act in Britain and this major musical concern began selling out to large crowds in London. It only took an EP to prove what the band is capable of. It was released in 2011 and was titled His Young Heart. Another one came later that year titled The Wild Youth. Both these EPs garnered positive reviews, encouraging the band to take its musical endeavors to the next level. “Smother” is the band’s first single which was released in the October of 2012 to the much pleasure of indie fans. Daughter’s popularity became infectious and it started making a name beyond its native London as well with Daughter tickets enjoying high demands.
- Daughter 9:30 Club
- Daughter Ace Hotel - Los Angeles
- Daughter Belly Up Tavern
- Daughter Cat's Cradle
- Daughter Danforth Music Hall Theatre
- Daughter First Avenue
- Daughter Granada - Lawrence
- Daughter Metro Smart Bar
- Daughter Newport Music Hall
- Daughter Ogden Theatre
- Daughter Terminal West At King Plow Arts Center
- Daughter The Depot - Salt Lake City
- Daughter The Fillmore - San Francisco
- Daughter The Showbox
- Daughter Trees
- Daughter Union Transfer
- Daughter Vogue Theatre - BC
- Daughter Wonder Ballroom
Latest Daughter Events
- Daughter, Danforth Music Hall Theatre tickets for 03/07 07:00 PM Danforth Music Hall Theatre
- Mon Mar 07 2016
- Daughter, Danforth Music Hall Theatre tickets for 03/08 07:00 PM Danforth Music Hall Theatre
- Tue Mar 08 2016
- Daughter, Granada Lawrence tickets for 03/13 08:30 PM Granada Lawrence
- Sun Mar 13 2016
- Daughter, Ogden Theatre tickets for 03/15 08:00 PM Ogden Theatre
- Tue Mar 15 2016
- Daughter, The Depot Salt Lake City tickets for 03/16 08:00 PM The Depot Salt Lake City
- Wed Mar 16 2016
- Daughter, Vogue Theatre BC tickets for 03/18 08:00 PM Vogue Theatre BC
- Fri Mar 18 2016
- Daughter, The Showbox tickets for 03/19 09:00 PM The Showbox
- Sat Mar 19 2016
- Daughter, Wonder Ballroom tickets for 03/20 08:00 PM Wonder Ballroom
- Sun Mar 20 2016
- Daughter, The Fillmore San Francisco tickets for 03/22 08:00 PM The Fillmore San Francisco
- Tue Mar 22 2016
- Daughter, Belly Up Tavern tickets for 03/24 09:00 PM Belly Up Tavern
- Thu Mar 24 2016
- Daughter, Ace Hotel Los Angeles tickets for 03/25 08:30 PM Ace Hotel Los Angeles
- Fri Mar 25 2016
- Daughter, Trees tickets for 03/29 08:00 PM Trees
- Tue Mar 29 2016
- Daughter, Terminal West At King Plow Arts Center tickets for 04/01 08:30 PM Terminal West At King Plow Arts Center
- Fri Apr 01 2016
- Daughter, Cats Cradle tickets for 04/02 08:30 PM Cats Cradle
- Sat Apr 02 2016
- Daughter, Newport Music Hall tickets for 04/03 07:00 PM Newport Music Hall
- Sun Apr 03 2016
- Daughter, 9:30 Club tickets for 04/06 07:00 PM 9:30 Club
- Wed Apr 06 2016
Daughter is fronted by Elena Tonra who started it as a solo project but then was joined by Igor Haefeli to play guitars and Remi Aguilella as the drummer. In fact, it was more of a musical partnership of Tonra and Haefeli, adding Aguilella in the mix. The band started playing gigs at a small scale around clubs and bars in the capital, catching attention of the record labels that came wagging their tongues after the debut demo of Daughter. One finally got the band to sign with it and hence started the professional musical journey of Daughter with the release of His Young Heart, its first EP. They got support from UK’s major tastemakers and that’s how it got its name out in the bigger pool. Also, the band’s appearance on Late Night with David Letterman gave it a much-needed boost to let the world know of Daughter’s arrival. The band got luckier when it was signed by a major label 4AD to work on its debut album.
Daughter gained instant fame because it introduced a new kind of folk and indie-pop sounds; a welcome change. Some has described the music of Daughter as a mix of Florence + the Machine and Ingrid Michaelson. The review from vogue.com says the band "masterfully blends fluttering, heart-on-the-sleeve acoustic ballads with brooding, ambient soundscapes." The group has garnered positive attention from fans and critics alike since its inception. A number of Daughter songs have been taken for television series and advertisements because of their catchy tunes. The ad in promotion of Tour De France on UKTV featured the song "Youth" and it was also taken for the ad in promotion of Fight Club: A History of Violence on the same channel. The song "Medicine" and "Home" were featured in The Vampire Diaries and Grey’s Anatomy, two popular shows in the U.S. As the sound of the band is so much in line with modern pop culture, it is the best choice of portrayal in ads and TV series.
Since the time of the formation of the band, it has been highlighting tours and performing extensively. The band received quite a lot of popularity from the airplay of Radio1 and that helped it gather a considerable fan following. It kept growing, to the point that a performance at London’s Assembly Hall in 2012 saw 700 attendees. The band teamed up with Beirut, a famed US alternative-rock band, for their summer tours and performed at some big music festivals like Green Man and Bestival. As much as the band sounds remarkable on the airwaves, it is even more amazing to hear it in person.
People like to discover this trio’s sweet, beguiling melodies and that is why Daughter tickets have become the top commodity for the indie-folk fans. Live concert of this up and coming band is the best event to go to and luckily for interested people, this band performs live a lot. Listening to band’s music can instantly hook the listener and that is the reason of its viral popularity.
Q:I want to exchange Daughter Tickets with tickets of some other event. what is the procedure?
A:Daughter Tickets once bought, cannot be exchanged with any other date or event as it is not our company's policy.