Circus Oz Tickets
Circus Oz has performed all over the world in more than twenty-six countries, before millions of people for the last thirty-four years, setting new box office records at the renowned Edinburgh Festival Fringe. With its thirtieth anniversary year, it completed three fantastic decades of touring internationally, while also confirming the fondness that generations of Australians have felt for it. From Hong Kong to New York, Oz has brought its self-crafted awe-inspiring performances of grace, spectacle and wit to much critical acclaim. The show is famous as an animal free circus that features a more rock n roll theme, enjoyed by children and adults, alike. The audience should expect two hours of death-defying stunts, breathtaking agility, incredible acrobatic performances alongside rather irreverent comedy as well as a live spectacular band. The circus presents ‘spring-loaded’ love for the silly and absurd, as it puts together a ‘ridiculous debacle’ for people of all ages. Circus Oz tickets are thus a popular treat among the families and friends.
Circus Oz Venues
- Circus Oz Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Circus Oz Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa]
Latest Circus Oz Events
- Circus Oz, Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center tickets for 02/15 07:00 PM Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Wed Feb 15 2017
- Circus Oz, Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center tickets for 02/16 11:00 AM Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Thu Feb 16 2017
- Circus Oz, Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center tickets for 02/16 07:00 PM Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Thu Feb 16 2017
- Circus Oz, Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center tickets for 02/17 08:00 PM Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Fri Feb 17 2017
- Circus Oz, Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center tickets for 02/18 02:00 PM Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Sat Feb 18 2017
- Circus Oz, Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center tickets for 02/18 08:00 PM Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Sat Feb 18 2017
- Circus Oz, Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center tickets for 02/19 02:00 PM Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
- Sun Feb 19 2017
- Circus Oz, Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa] tickets for 03/03 07:30 PM Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa]
- Fri Mar 03 2017
- Circus Oz, Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa] tickets for 03/04 02:00 PM Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa]
- Sat Mar 04 2017
Founded in 1977 in Melbourne, Australia, Circus Oz gained a reputation for combining two already well established groups; the New Ensemble Circus that was known for continuing the NEW Circus formed in 1974 in Adelaide, and Soapbox Circus, which was a road-show created in 1976 by the popular Australian Performing Group. Oz performed its first string of shows in March 1978. Its founders aimed at creating a modern circus that would not feature animals, but would entertains instead with elements of popular theatre, satire and rock n roll. Among the most important developmental milestones in the circus’s early years, was the incredible thirty-two week-long season of 1979, which was performed in Melbourne at Last Laugh Theatre Restaurant. It has held its shows in London, Jerusalem and NYC, among several other international tours.
Through the mid eighties several new physical theatre troupes and contemporary circus started appearing all over the world, in the midst of Circus Oz. at this point, the latter went through a phase of major skill development by training rigorously under the Nanjing Acrobatic Troupe from China. Numerous techniques and skills gathered by the Chinese over the years such as hula-hoop and pole-climbing, continue to be featured in the shows, though they have been interpreted differently, being presented in an altogether Circus Oz style. Today, only one of the original members continues to perform with Oz, but still the new groups of people joining the company through the year, have loved the company’s style as well as philosophy, and embraced it as their own.
Normally, the circus features between eleven to thirteen performers, alongside two musicians, to present a spectacle of humor, unrelenting energy, grace, surreal imagery and multi-skill playing, integrated with an original and live musical score. Oz continues to lead the international contemporary circus scene. Today, its brilliant performances are just as dynamic and distinctive as its touring shows, including the most recent, critically well acclaimed sold-out Broadway season, followed by a brief tour of small regional towns in Australia.
Oz’ current team comprises of several outstanding, talented performers including Chad Albinger, Ruby Rowat, Shane Witt, Stevee Mills, Dale Woodrigde, Flip Kammerer, Hazel Bock, Jeremy Davies, Luke Taylor, Mason West, Ghenoa Gela, and Bev Parker. Considered to be gold standard among its contemporaries, Circus Oz is now performing at the prestigious New Victory Theatre fifth time as its premieres in the USA with its From the Ground Up Tour that has been advertised with the warning ‘so funny you could we your pants’. In its latest shows, Oz entertains its audience with amazing stunts such as live wire musicians, knockabout jugglers, power-packed aerialists and acrobatically suspended performers. It describes its comedy element as a fascinating ‘rebellion against generic’, where a rather diverse home-grown group of quick witted stunts men jump about fully charged. Oz is one circus that has to be seen at least once, so grab some Circus Oz tickets and be there to experience its delightful plays with friends and family.