Boston Pops Orchestra Tickets
It would not be an overstatement to say that Boston Pops Orchestra caters to almost everyone. It is one of the few orchestras that offer a vast array of musical genres such as classical, jazz, big band, popular music, indie rock, film music and others. Coming into existence in 1885, Boston Pops today stands tall as one of the finest orchestras in America.
Latest Boston Pops Orchestra Events
- Boston Pops Swing Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Holiday Pops, Boston Symphony Hall, tickets for 12/10 11:00AM at Boston Symphony Hall, Boston, MA
- Sat Dec 10 2016
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Cross Insurance Arena, tickets for 12/16 8:00PM at Cross Insurance Arena, Portland, ME
- Fri Dec 16 2016
- Boston Pops Swing Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Holiday Pops, Boston Symphony Hall, tickets for 12/18 3:00PM at Boston Symphony Hall, Boston, MA
- Sun Dec 18 2016
- Boston Pops Swing Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Holiday Pops, Boston Symphony Hall, tickets for 12/18 7:30PM at Boston Symphony Hall, Boston, MA
- Sun Dec 18 2016
- Boston Pops Swing Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Holiday Pops, Boston Symphony Hall, tickets for 12/21 8:00PM at Boston Symphony Hall, Boston, MA
- Wed Dec 21 2016
- Boston Pops Swing Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Holiday Pops, Boston Symphony Hall, tickets for 12/23 4:00PM at Boston Symphony Hall, Boston, MA
- Fri Dec 23 2016
- Boston Pops Swing Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Holiday Pops, Boston Symphony Hall, tickets for 12/31 10:15PM at Boston Symphony Hall, Boston, MA
- Sat Dec 31 2016
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - A British Invasion, Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, tickets for 02/01 8:00PM at Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Wed Feb 1 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - A British Invasion, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, tickets for 02/02 8:00PM at Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Sarasota, FL
- Thu Feb 2 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa], tickets for 03/25 8:00PM at Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa], Iowa City, IA
- Sat Mar 25 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Resch Center, tickets for 03/29 7:30PM at Resch Center, Green Bay, WI
- Wed Mar 29 2017
In the past the orchestra has toured extensively while also making frequent television appearances. The tribute to Marvin Hamlisch, one of its recent performances has indeed added to its prestige and stature. Looking back, the Boston Pops Orchestra was Henry Lee Higginson’s vision of what he termed as "the concerts of a lighter kind of music". This particular theme was followed until 1900s. The orchestra started experimenting with musical styles, thus bringing classical music and hits from musical theater to the table. Since it offers a broad spectrum of music today it surely has something for everyone. Enjoy musical perfection by getting Boston Pops Orchestra tickets.
The meaningful contributions by its past conductors have led to the orchestra’s rich history, Arthur Fiedler being one of them. He joined the Boston Pops Orchestra in 1930s taking its popularity to another level. In his career spanning 50 years, he gave a new dimension to classical music which targeted the niche audiences only. To reach out to as many people as possible he took into consideration a series of free concerts which were witnessed at Hatch Shell (Charles River Esplanade).
Introducing the orchestra to pop culture was another step in the right direction. For the same purpose he utilized different mediums like television and radio. A television series titled Evening at Pops also emerged as one of the initiatives by the orchestra. Furthermore Fiedler brought into the limelight young and budding composers and arrangers alongside established artists. He is also credited for some of the most popular recordings by the orchestra that include Sleigh Ride, A Celebration, The Red Sox, Rhapsody in Blue, The Typewriter, Gaite Parisienne (Offenbach) and others. At the time the orchestra sold commercial albums in abundance. Fiedler’s illustrious career was an attempt at constant evolution bringing the best to the music lovers. His career came to an end after his death in 1979.
With forty-five Academy Award nominations to his credit, John Williams then joined the orchestra in 1980. During his tenure the Boston Pops delivered an ensemble of best-selling albums for Sony and Philips. He also brought into the picture new compositions and arrangements to reach a wider audience. Among his widely appreciated efforts was the concept of playing film clips at the concerts. The orchestra owes its national and international acclaim to John Williams, the Japan tour being one of the biggest accomplishments. Steven Spielberg, Frank Langella, Martin Scorsese, Darth Vader and C3PO are some of the names that made special appearances at the live events during William’s time.
Keith Lockhart, the current conductor has continued the tradition of increasing the mass appeal. Under his direction extensive touring has come to attention. He has encouraged both new and flourished artists to represent Boston Pops Orchestra. Ben Folds, My Morning Jacket, Rockapella, Guster, Aimee Mann, Elvis Costello and Kelly Clarkson are some of the most prominent names that have contributed to the orchestra’s performances. He has around 70 television shows under his belt apart from a series of national and international tours. Many Grammy Award nominations have also been received by the orchestra under his leadership. Not only that, the orchestra has also been associated with a number of sports events such as Super Bowl XXXVI and MLB’s 2007 World Series.
Referred to as "one of our country’s greatest cultural treasures" by Lockhart, the orchestra continues to reach professional heights. To make music accessible Boston Pops has introduced many educational and entertainment programs for children and adults. When it comes to live performances the audiences can get to see Lockhart’s dramatic style. Buy Boston Pops Orchestra tickets to become part of one of the most anticipated events of this year.