Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Tickets
Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra promises to be a spectacular event, celebrating American music. It is staged by an American orchestra renowned far and wide for its breathtaking and award winning music. The Boston Pops Orchestra is a world famous orchestra based in Boston. It is known for its performances of popular and light classical music. This particular event is a yearly concert staged by the orchestra at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade, each year on the Fourth of July, the day of American independence. It is undoubtedly going to be a memorable concert so buy Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra tickets and have an unforgettable time.
Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Venues
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Auditorium Theatre - IL
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Dr. Phillips Center - Walt Disney Theater
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa]
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Resch Center
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Tanglewood
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Cities
Latest Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Events
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - A British Invasion, Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 02/01 08:00 PM Au Rene Theater Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts
- Wed Feb 01 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - A British Invasion, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall tickets for 02/02 08:00 PM Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- Thu Feb 02 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Dr. Phillips Center Walt Disney Theater tickets for 02/03 08:00 PM Dr. Phillips Center Walt Disney Theater
- Fri Feb 03 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa] tickets for 03/25 08:00 PM Hancher Auditorium [University of Iowa]
- Sat Mar 25 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Resch Center tickets for 03/29 07:30 PM Resch Center
- Wed Mar 29 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Auditorium Theatre IL tickets for 03/31 07:30 PM Auditorium Theatre IL
- Fri Mar 31 2017
- Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Jaws in Concert, Tanglewood Music Center tickets for 06/18 08:00 PM Tanglewood Music Center
- Sun Jun 18 2017
Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra is a yearly concert staged by the Boston Pops Orchestra. The American orchestra was founded in 1885 as an offshoot of the well established Boston Symphony Orchestra. The aim was to perform popular music and to serve as a popular identity for the symphony orchestra which was itself founded in 1881. It was formed with musicians from the Boston Symphony Orchestra and has gone on to play popular concerts. It is particularly known for a popular music spring season of concerts, as well as a December holiday celebration program filled with concerts, when the Boston Symphony Orchestra itself takes a break.
The Boston Pops Orchestra also plays at the Symphony Hall in Boston, though the floor is reconfigured from the traditional auditorium style of seating to a more contemporary banquet and café style of seating. This pops orchestra is particularly known for its annual Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra concert, organized every Fourth of July at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade. Often recognized with Arthur Fiedler, its renowned director, the orchestra has also recorded a lot of music and appears regularly on TV. It has also gone on tours of the US and abroad.
Through the Pops Spring and Holiday season of concerts, the Boston Symphony Orchestra, through its offshoot, the Boston Pops Orchestra, became one of the very first orchestras in the US to provide employment to its musicians for the whole year, unlike many other American orchestras. Keith Lockhart is the Boston Pops Orchestra’s present music director. The pops orchestra traces its origin back to a wish of Henry Lee Higginson, founder of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, to organize ‘concerts of a lighter kind of music’. It was with this aim to organize such concerts, that Boston Pops Orchestra was founded.
The first ever pops concert was staged in 1885, with such concerts dubbed the Promenade Concerts for the next fifteen years. They feature classical music of a lighter note as well as the most popular songs of the time in musical theater. Other songs and pieces of music were also performed, and continue to be performed today with the pops orchestra maintaining a certain signature and style of sound that makes it unique all over the US.
From its founding time until 1930, the Boston Pops Orchestra was led by seventeen different conductors successively, until Arthur Fiedler became the pops conductor and music director. His fifty year career at the BPO saw it rise to become one of the foremost pops orchestras in the US, organizing some of the most amazing and popular concerts. Under his leadership, the orchestra expanded beyond Boston, through TV, radio and via number of recordings. He engaged in taking classical music to a larger and broader audience, unhappy with its reputation as being only for the affluent.
Arthur Fiedler was the founder of the famous yearly concert that is organized to this day at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade, at a public park that lies next to the Charles River. It is the result of his efforts that the BPO play popular music, added to its repertoire of popular classical pieces. Today, it is one of the most anticipated concerts in Massachusetts and beyond, with many Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra tickets sold each year for the event.
Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Events Tickets Prices
The average price for Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Tickets start from $96. The minimum get in price is $57 for Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra Tickets at the Au-Rene Theater - Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - A British Invasion||Fort Lauderdale||1-Feb-17||$163||$57|
|Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - A British Invasion||Sarasota||2-Feb-17||$295||$212|
|Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra||Orlando||3-Feb-17||$96||$85|
|Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra||Iowa City||25-Mar-17||$327||$318|
|Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra||Green Bay||29-Mar-17||$241||$84|
|Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra||Chicago||31-Mar-17||$223||$72|
|Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra: Keith Lockhart - Jaws in Concert||Lenox||18-Jun-17||$174||$83|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.