Late nights at the Judy & Arthur Zankel Hall brings to stage a unique artist with his electrifying jams. Purchase Bombino tickets to witness this forthcoming event at the six hundred seats facility.
- Bombino & King Fez Cattivo
- Bombino Club Metronome
- Bombino L'Astral
- Bombino Lees Palace
- Bombino The Hamilton
- Bombino The Imperial
- Bombino The Independent
- Bombino The Sinclair Music Hall
- Bombino World Cafe Live - Upstairs
- Tue Jul 03 2018Tue Jul 03 2018
- Buy Bombino, Lees Palace Tickets for 07/03 08:00 PM Bombino, Lees Palace tickets for 07/03 08:00 PM at Lees Palace, Toronto, ON
- Tue Jul 03 2018
- Wed Jul 04 2018Wed Jul 04 2018
- Buy Bombino, L'Astral Tickets for 07/04 10:00 PM Bombino, L'Astral tickets for 07/04 10:00 PM at L'Astral, Montreal, QC
- Wed Jul 04 2018
- Thu Jul 05 2018Thu Jul 05 2018
- Buy Bombino, Club Metronome Tickets for 07/05 08:00 PM Bombino, Club Metronome tickets for 07/05 08:00 PM at Club Metronome, Burlington, VT
- Thu Jul 05 2018
- Fri Jul 06 2018Fri Jul 06 2018
- Buy Bombino, The Sinclair Music Hall Tickets for 07/06 09:00 PM Bombino, The Sinclair Music Hall tickets for 07/06 09:00 PM at The Sinclair Music Hall, Cambridge, MA
- Fri Jul 06 2018
- Tue Jul 10 2018Tue Jul 10 2018
- Buy Bombino, World Cafe Live - Upstairs Tickets for 07/10 08:00 PM Bombino, World Cafe Live - Upstairs tickets for 07/10 08:00 PM at World Cafe Live Upstairs, Philadelphia, PA
- Tue Jul 10 2018
- Thu Jul 12 2018Thu Jul 12 2018
- Buy Bombino, The Hamilton Tickets for 07/12 07:30 PM Bombino, The Hamilton tickets for 07/12 07:30 PM at The Hamilton, Washington, DC
- Thu Jul 12 2018
- Fri Jul 13 2018Fri Jul 13 2018
- Buy Bombino & King Fez, Cattivo Tickets for 07/13 08:00 PM Bombino & King Fez, Cattivo tickets for 07/13 08:00 PM at Cattivo, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fri Jul 13 2018
- Wed Jul 18 2018Wed Jul 18 2018
- Buy Bombino, The Independent Tickets for 07/18 08:00 PM Bombino, The Independent tickets for 07/18 08:00 PM at The Independent, San Francisco, CA
- Wed Jul 18 2018
- Sun Jul 22 2018Sun Jul 22 2018
- Buy Bombino, The Imperial Tickets for 07/22 07:00 PM Bombino, The Imperial tickets for 07/22 07:00 PM at The Imperial, Vancouver, BC
- Sun Jul 22 2018
Born in an era of struggle along the Mali and Niger border, Bombino sought refuge in music and his sound is often compared with that of guitar legends, Carlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix and Neil Young. The artist produces music to bring international brotherhood and peace throughout the world, specializing in desert blues. With his Tinariwen music style, one of the most popular musical genres of Southern Sahara, the musician with his guitar echoes has put forth three killer albums. The content of his songs largely addresses the geopolitical concerns that have been faced by the Taureg people over the years and most of his releases have produced tracks that have been sung in the native language of Taureg; Tamashek.
Originally named Omara Moctar and born in the native land of Agadez, the artist was a member of the tribe of Ifoghas. Raised as a Muslim by his religious family, Moctar grew up in the care of his grandmother. Since the Taureg culture believed in implementing a matriarchic structure, the elder women of the household were considered to be the head of the family and the chiefs of the entire community. The young children that grew up in this tribe were usually called "arawan n tchimgharen" which roughly translates to "grandmother’s children". Moctar lived in a small household with seventeen siblings and always demonstrated rebellion. Refusing to go to school, this young artist decided he wanted to live an independent life by the time he was nine years old.
While he was growing up, a severe drought hit the entire land of Niger, killing livestock and people and forcing the inhabitants to move to Libya and Algeria. However, the people decided to rebel against the government due to underrepresentation of the community. They called themselves rebels and it was during this time that music gained popularity amongst the people. It was the prime mode of communication to uplift the spirits and convey messages to one another. Rebels were often seeing playing a particular style of music with the guitar, called "Ishoumar" that means "unemployed", a genre of music that become synonymous with the musical style of the Taureg people.
As the war began in 1990 when Taureg commandos launched an attack against the rebels, Bombino and his family fled to their relatives in Algeria. It was here that Bombino came across his first guitar and started teaching himself how to play. He began copying the notes of the songs he had heard during the rebellion. Upon the artist’s return to Taureg in 1993, when a democratic government was formed, Bombino became a member of the Taureg party and started playing music at rallies. It was in this party that the guitarist met, Haja Bebe, one of the most prominent guitar players of the area. Under his mentorship, young Bombino started learning how to play like a professional and it was Bebe who nicknamed him Bombino, an Italian word that means "little child". Exposing him to music of guitar legends such as Jimi Hendrix and Mark Knopfler, Moctar started performing locally with numerous bands, gaining massive success.
During this time, the artist was able to record his debut album with the help of a Spanish documentary crew. This album went completely viral throughout Agadez, playing consistently on radios. The music from this album was able to reach the ears of record producer, Ron Wyman, who traced the artist out and proposed to record with him. Bombino’s debut international release named Agadez was made public in 2011 through Cumbancha Records. The next two years presented the artist with a massive touring schedule after which he was approached by Dan Auerbach, the Grammy winning producer in 2012, who decided to record an album with Bombino.
Released in 2013, this album that is named "Nomad" debuted on the top of iTunes World Chart and Billboard World Music Album Chart. Receiving an insane amount of positive reviews by Rolling Stone, BBC World Service, The Guardian, Los Angeles Times, MSN Music, The New York Times, The Independent, The Observer and Dusted Magazine, amongst countless other publications, many have called the guitarist a master musician, presenting rich, comforting and a joyous release overall. Listen to this perfect match of soul and sound by buying Bombino tickets and making your way to the Carnegie Hall.
Nothing beats the joy of watching your favorite music artist perform live! Bombino's concert dates are out and fans are looking forward to the upcoming shows. The next concert will be held in Toronto at the Lees Palace on 3-Jul-18, while the last available date is for the event scheduled for Vancouver at the The Imperial on 22-Jul-18. For complete information regarding dates and venues, please visit our website.
|Bombino||Lees Palace||Toronto, ON||Tue Jul 03 201807/03 08:00 PM|
|Bombino||L'Astral||Montreal, QC||Wed Jul 04 201807/04 10:00 PM|
|Bombino||Club Metronome||Burlington, VT||Thu Jul 05 201807/05 08:00 PM|
|Bombino||The Sinclair Music Hall||Cambridge, MA||Fri Jul 06 201807/06 09:00 PM|
|Bombino||World Cafe Live - Upstairs||Philadelphia, PA||Tue Jul 10 201807/10 08:00 PM|
|Bombino||The Hamilton||Washington, DC||Thu Jul 12 201807/12 07:30 PM|
|Bombino & King Fez||Cattivo||Pittsburgh, PA||Fri Jul 13 201807/13 08:00 PM|
|Bombino||The Independent||San Francisco, CA||Wed Jul 18 201807/18 08:00 PM|
|Bombino||The Imperial||Vancouver, BC||Sun Jul 22 201807/22 07:00 PM|
Bombino Tickets Prices
The average price for Bombino Tickets start from $159. The minimum get in price is $30 for Bombino Tickets at the Club Metronome, Burlington. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Bombino & King Fez||Pittsburgh||13-Jul-18||$205||$33|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.