Bob Marley Tickets
A tribute to Bob Marley, the Reggae icon is just around the corner. Bob might not be among his fans but his music and the legacy he has left behind will be etched in the hearts of millions forever. His music and incredible talents will be celebrated by none other than the Cannabis Cup Band, one of the most famous names in the genre on the circuit right now. Grab your Bob Marley tickets and make your way to the arena to be a part of what promises to be a special show
Latest Bob Marley Events
- One Love! - Bob Marley Tribute, Apollo Theater - New York, tickets for 11/29 8:00PM at Apollo Theater - New York, New York, NY
- Sat Nov 29 2014
- One Love! - Bob Marley Tribute, Apollo Theater - New York, tickets for 11/29 11:00PM at Apollo Theater - New York, New York, NY
- Sat Nov 29 2014
- Bob Marley - Comedian, Merrill Auditorium, tickets for 12/26 7:00PM at Merrill Auditorium, Portland, ME
- Fri Dec 26 2014
- Bob Marley - Comedian, Merrill Auditorium, tickets for 12/27 7:00PM at Merrill Auditorium, Portland, ME
- Sat Dec 27 2014
- Bob Marley - Comedian, Merrill Auditorium, tickets for 12/28 7:00PM at Merrill Auditorium, Portland, ME
- Sun Dec 28 2014
- Bob Marley - Comedian, Merrill Auditorium, tickets for 12/31 7:00PM at Merrill Auditorium, Portland, ME
- Wed Dec 31 2014
- Bob Marley - Comedian, Fox Theatre - Foxwoods Casino, tickets for 01/10 8:00PM at Fox Theatre - Foxwoods Casino, Mashantucket, CT
- Sat Jan 10 2015
- CCB Reggae Band - Bob Marley Birthday Tribute, B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York, tickets for 02/07 4:00PM at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill - New York, New York, NY
- Sat Feb 7 2015
Bob Marley passed away aged thirty six but even in that short span he achieved more than a lot of artists dream of doing during their entire careers. He was born in Jamaica and went on to record the first two songs of his career in 1962. It was his stint with The Wailers that announced his arrival on the big stage. With the group Bob recorded and released Catch a Fire in 1973 that generated a lot of positive critical response. That was followed up by Burnin later that year and that album turned out to be a huge commercial success.
The group broke up in 1974 and Bob Marley formed his own backup band to perform with. He made his mark on the American audience with the track No Woman, No Cry in 1975. That was followed by the album Rastaman Vibration the next year that was to go on to become his first major hit outside his native Jamaica. Bob then moved to England and came out with albums like Exodus that made a lot of headlines in the UK and spent fifty six weeks on the charts there.
Babylon by Bus hit the music stores in 1978 and became a critical hit straight away. Survival and Uprising followed in 1979 and 1980 to solidify his status among the biggest stars of reggae music. He passed away in 1981 but his legacy was taken to another level with the release of Legend, a compilation album in the year 1984. It broke records on the way to going ten times platinum. Not only that but it was also the most successful reggae album of all time that went on to sell a staggering twenty five million copies around the globe.
It is only fitting that Cannabis Cup Band celebrates the brilliant career of Bob Marley. The group came into existence in the year 1995. This is a collection of veterans and upstarts that perform old reggae tracks as well as new ones. The line-up is an all star collection that changes frequently. The Cannabis Cup Band was formed when Steven Hager came up with an idea that centered around a group to provide back-up support to performers at the famous Cannabis Cup. Two years later the group paid homage to the icon Bob Marley for the first time at the World Hemp Expo. The performance was received widespread acclaim. That led to it being converted into an annual tribute show which is staged at the B.B. King, New York.
The event is unlike any other. Every show consists of fifty of Bob’s biggest hits being sung by some of the biggest names in the industry. That is an ultimate tribute to an artist who more than played his part in making the genre the craze it is today.
Bob Marley changed the way reggae music was looked upon by the masses. Everything he created had a motive behind it. Every song and album was inspired by actual events happening around the world. What all that did was give it a sound and feel that was as natural as it could possibly get. The concert is coming back for its latest installment to once again revive the genius of arguably the biggest name in reggae music. So grab your Bob Marley tickets and re-live the music of a legend.