Blind Boys Of Alabama Tickets
Blind Boys of Alabama are respected as living legends of Gospel Music. In their career spanning over 70 years, the group has made to the highest level of achievement by winning five Grammy Awards, an induction into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and The National Endowment for the Arts with ‘Lifetime Achievement Awards’. Apart from winning major awards, they have also been recognized for their outstanding interpretations of traditional gospel favorites and spiritual material by the acclaimed songwriters such as Tom Waits, Eric Clapton and Ben Harper. They have recently composed a brand new studio album, ‘I’ll Find a Way’ in coordination with Patty Griffen, Shara Worden and Merrill Garbus and will be featuring brand new singles in their upcoming concert. Blind Boys of Alabama tickets will treat you to the live version of their astounding music.
Blind Boys Of Alabama Venues
- Blind Boys Of Alabama Howard Theatre - DC
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama Newberry Opera House
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama Rialto Theatre - Tucson
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama Smothers Theatre At Pepperdine University
- Richard Thompson & The Blind Boys of Alabama Sunset Center
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama Wisconsin Union Theater
Blind Boys Of Alabama Cities
- Blind Boys Of Alabama Carmel By The Sea CA
- Blind Boys Of Alabama Madison WI
- Blind Boys Of Alabama Malibu CA
- Blind Boys Of Alabama Newberry SC
- Blind Boys Of Alabama Tucson AZ
- Blind Boys Of Alabama Washington DC
Latest Blind Boys Of Alabama Events
- Richard Thompson & The Blind Boys of Alabama, Sunset Center tickets for 10/28 08:00 PM at Sunset Center, Carmel By The Sea, CA
- Fri Oct 28 2016
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama, Wisconsin Union Theater tickets for 12/01 08:00 PM at Wisconsin Union Theater, Madison, WI
- Thu Dec 01 2016
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama, Newberry Opera House tickets for 12/10 08:00 PM at Newberry Opera House, Newberry, SC
- Sat Dec 10 2016
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama, Rialto Theatre - Tucson tickets for 12/22 07:30 PM at Rialto Theatre Tucson, Tucson, AZ
- Thu Dec 22 2016
- The Blind Boys Of Alabama, Smothers Theatre At Pepperdine University tickets for 01/28 08:00 PM at Smothers Theatre At Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Sat Jan 28 2017
Blind Boys of Alabama were formed in the late thirties at the Alabama Institute of Negro Blind. For almost forty years, they played in churches, stadiums and auditoriums across the country, exclusively in the gospel circuit. During this time, a number of contemporary music artists emerged and earned fame for composing popular tunes. The group stayed true to their genre, without worrying about commercial fame. Finally the era of nineties marked a turning point in their career with a performance in the Obie Award Winning Play, ‘The Gospel at Colonus’. This brought the timeless sound of the group to an energetic new audience and marked their entrance in the mainstream music. From then onwards, the Blind Boys of Alabama worked alongside popular artists belonging to different genres like Peter Gabriel, Solomon Burke, Lou Reed and Marty Stuart. They influenced an entire generation or two of R&B, rock, gospel and soul music and are still blazing trails after all these decades of success.
Music has progressed by leaps and bounds since the Blind Boys of Alabama first started performing in the late thirties. The group’s founding member, Jimmy Carter looks at his career to be far beyond then what he truly imagined. Throughout the long journey there was one secret that he kept to himself and that was his love for country music. The group despite of working with popular country artists continued to work in gospel genre and did not come up with an individual project until they met one of country music’s most compelling and acclaimed artists, Jamey Johnson. Their first country music album, ‘Take the High Road’ was released in 2011 and featured collaborations with prominent artists of the industry including Willie Nelson, The Oak Ridge Boys and Vince Gill. This record was praised by the fans and they called it inspirational, innovative and heartwarming. It was a big success and the group enjoyed its popularity for about two years, hosting 150 concerts every year.
Blind Boys of Alabama has announced the release of their latest album, ‘I’ll Find a Way’ in October and have lined up live performances for its promotion. Not many musicians can boast of a 70-year career and that too packed with appreciations and accolades. Their concerts appeal to audiences belonging to different cultures and age groups. Their fan following is diverse and does not only include gospel music lovers, but also country music admirers. Their music is a perfect blend of timeless yet modern melodies. Their latest performance was at Carnegie Hall, where they were a part of the all star lineup to pay tribute to Prince and accompanied Elvis Costello, The Roots and D Angelo. Blind Boys of Alabama tickets for the upcoming concerts are up for grabs. Get yours as early as possible.