Black Joe Lewis Tickets
Austin-based Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears are a soul, blues and funk music group, known to be influenced by blues singer Chester Arthur Burnett, also known as Howlin’ Wolf, and the originator of funk music singer James Brown, who is considered to be the main figure of Twentieth century popular dance and music. The band was formed in 2007, in Austin, Texas, and only two years later, made it to list of Esquire magazine’s ten best bands expected to make it big at SXSW Festival of 2009. The group has performed at numerous music festivals across the United States, and has appeared on several late night shows including Later…with Jools Holland, Austin City Limits, Late Show with David Letterman, and The Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Currently, the group comprises of members Joe Lewis, Bill Stevenson, Jason Frey, Derek Phelps and Joseph Woullard. So far the quintet has released an EP called Black Joe Lewis and two studio albums namely, Scandalous in 2011 and Tell ‘Em What Your Name Is! Their biggest hits from these offerings include Booty City, I’m Broke, Sugarfoot, Get Yo Shit and Gun Powder, all of which have contributed significantly to making Black Joe Lewis tickets a popular treat among blues fans.
Black Joe Lewis Venues
- Black Joe Lewis 9:30 Club
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears Fox Theatre - Boulder
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears Metro Chicago
- Black Joe Lewis Music Hall Of Williamsburg
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears Neumos
- Black Joe Lewis Newport Music Hall
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears The Waiting Room Lounge - Nebraska
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears Troubadour
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears Union Transfer
Black Joe Lewis Cities
Black Joe Lewis Schedule 2017-18
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, 9:30 Club tickets for 02/21 07:00 PM at 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
- Tue Feb 21 2017
- Black Joe Lewis, Music Hall Of Williamsburg tickets for 02/22 09:00 PM at Music Hall Of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
- Wed Feb 22 2017
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, Union Transfer tickets for 02/23 08:30 PM at Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA
- Thu Feb 23 2017
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, Newport Music Hall tickets for 03/03 07:00 PM at Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH
- Fri Mar 03 2017
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, Metro Chicago tickets for 03/04 10:30 PM at Metro Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Sat Mar 04 2017
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, The Waiting Room Lounge - Nebraska tickets for 03/07 09:00 PM at The Waiting Room Lounge Nebraska, Omaha, NE
- Tue Mar 07 2017
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, Troubadour tickets for 04/02 08:00 PM at Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA
- Sun Apr 02 2017
- Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears, Neumos tickets for 04/06 08:00 PM at Neumos, Seattle, WA
- Thu Apr 06 2017
Black Joe Lewis first got hold of a guitar while still working at a little pawn shop in Austin. The experience inspired him tremendously so that for the next couple of years he was seen playing at several weekly gigs along with open mic nights with his three blues musicians, in local spots within Austin. The artist came to local prominence and was soon offered to tour as the opening act for another Austin-based, indie rock bands known Okkervil River and Spoon. Black Joe Lewis and their group’s founding member Ernst, got together the first lineup for the band and decided to call them ‘Honeybears’, which came from an old crusted honey container that had been rolling about on the floor of their rehearsal room.
In 2008, Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears signed with Lost Highway Records and began working on an EP consisting of four songs, which was issued in early 2007. The EP’s recording took place after they had performed at the well-known Austin City Limits Music Festival and Lollapalooza. Their EP caught the attention of Kim Buie from Lost Highway, who decided to sign them to the record deal, and helped them put together their debut album. Lewis has been responsible for coming up with song lyrics since the beginning, and is known to write from bitter and often direct experiences; songs from their second album Scandalous, are marked with the baggage of age-old as well as contemporary issues like hard times, lying and cheating, one-night stands, revenge and redemption. The sound is raunchy and gritty, but is not meant for a squeamish audience and is instead perfect for those looking for real catharsis. The band describes itself as rather primitive since it does not work with modern instruments. Moreover, their guitars are quite loud, and vocalist Joe Lewis is more of a talking blues man and a shouter as opposed to the standard smooth soul singer. The artists take pride in sticking to their own style, which allows them to be true to the artists that inspired them.
By 2009, Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears were on their way to releasing their first studio album titled Tell ‘Em What Your Name Is!, which was produced by Jim Eno who had already worked with Spoon. The band has since established quite the reputation for live performance having performed at various music festivals such as Splendor in the Grass; Latitude Festival; Musikfest; Wakarusa Camping and Music Festival, Sasquatch! Music Festival: Outside Lands Arts and Music Festival; Bumbershoot; Coachella Valley Arts and Music Festival; and Bonnaroo. The band is on its way to performing another string of live shows so get down to booking Black Joe Lewis tickets and be there to watch them in their live act.
Black Joe Lewis Events Tickets Prices
The average price for Black Joe Lewis Tickets start from $90. The minimum get in price is $29 for Black Joe Lewis Tickets at the Union Transfer, Philadelphia. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||Washington||21-Feb-17||$103||$58|
|Black Joe Lewis||Brooklyn||22-Feb-17||$159||$43|
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||Philadelphia||23-Feb-17||$147||$29|
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||Columbus||3-Mar-17||$90||$33|
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||Chicago||4-Mar-17||$139||$40|
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||Omaha||7-Mar-17||$178||$73|
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||West Hollywood||2-Apr-17||$190||$36|
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||Seattle||6-Apr-17||$202||$131|
|Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears||Boulder||13-Apr-17||$191||$128|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.