Asleep At The Wheel Tickets
The Kings of Swing are back, and this time they’re taking no prisoners! That’s right; “Asleep at the Wheel” is on the road and headed to multiple North American venues with their 2017 tour. The ten-time GRAMMY winners have over twenty albums to their name and more than twenty songs on the Billboard country charts. Asleep at the Wheel is known for its charismatic seven-piece and their Bob Wills inspired music. With over five decades of contributions to Swing music, this outfit is one of the best bands in the genre today. To catch the Kings of Swing at their best, purchase your Asleep at the Wheel tickets now.
Asleep At The Wheel Cities
Asleep At The Wheel Tickets
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, Homer Center For The Arts Tickets for 04/15 08:00 PM Asleep At The Wheel, Homer Center For The Arts tickets for 04/15 08:00 PM at Homer Center For The Arts, Homer, NY
- Wed Apr 15 2020
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, Bluebird Nightclub - Bloomington Tickets for 05/05 08:00 PM Asleep At The Wheel, Bluebird Nightclub - Bloomington tickets for 05/05 08:00 PM at Bluebird Nightclub Bloomington, Bloomington, IN
- Tue May 05 2020
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, Rose Music Hall Tickets for 05/06 07:00 PM Asleep At The Wheel, Rose Music Hall tickets for 05/06 07:00 PM at Rose Music Hall, Columbia, MO
- Wed May 06 2020
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, The Burl Tickets for 05/07 08:00 PM Asleep At The Wheel, The Burl tickets for 05/07 08:00 PM at The Burl, Lexington, KY
- Thu May 07 2020
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, The Castle Theatre Tickets for 05/08 08:00 PM Asleep At The Wheel, The Castle Theatre tickets for 05/08 08:00 PM at The Castle Theatre, Bloomington, IL
- Fri May 08 2020
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, Gruene Hall Tickets for 05/29 08:00 PM Asleep At The Wheel, Gruene Hall tickets for 05/29 08:00 PM at Gruene Hall, New Braunfels, TX
- Fri May 29 2020
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, Birchmere Music Hall Tickets for 07/08 07:30 PM Asleep At The Wheel, Birchmere Music Hall tickets for 07/08 07:30 PM at Birchmere Music Hall, Alexandria, VA
- Wed Jul 08 2020
- Buy Asleep At The Wheel, Sheldon Concert Hall Tickets for 09/16 08:00 PM Asleep At The Wheel, Sheldon Concert Hall tickets for 09/16 08:00 PM at Sheldon Concert Hall, St. Louis, MO
- Wed Sep 16 2020
- Buy Bluegrass Underground: Molly Tuttle, Goose, Cam & Asleep At The Wheel - PBS TV Taping, The Caverns - TN Tickets for 11/20 07:00 PM Bluegrass Underground: Molly Tuttle, Goose, Cam & Asleep At The Wheel - PBS TV Taping, The Caverns - TN tickets for 11/20 07:00 PM at The Caverns TN, Pelham, TN
- Fri Nov 20 2020
Ray Benson’s stellar outfit, “Asleep at the Wheel” is a gospel-fueled country group formed in Paw Paw, Virginia. The Texas-based band has maintained a successful career, with twenty albums released since their formation in 1970. Since then, more than twenty of their singles have featured on the Billboard charts with 1975’s “The Letters That Johnny Walker Read” being their highest ranking song, at number ten.
In 2017, Asleep at the Wheel has remained the undefeated champion of swing music after having contributed to it for over forty five years now. The band keeps innovating in their performances, lyrics and instrumentation, adding layers of different musical sounds to their work. Being heavily inspired by the greats of country music, the band has performed with legends such as Willie Nelson.
Ray Benson is the lead singer and guitarist of Asleep at the Wheel and was born and raised in Philadelphia. He formed Asleep at the Wheel after moving to Paw Paw and striking up a friendship with Lucky Oceans and Leroy Preston. A female singer was soon added to the band, Chris O’Connell, who had just graduated high school at the time. The band thus formed and began playing country-style gigs locally. It was only after they discovered Merle haggard’s music that the outfit began playing swing music, relocating to Austin, Texas.
Asleep at the Wheel is one of those rare acts which attract a great mix of ages. According to Benson, their fans range from the age of nine to the age of ninety and that has always been the case over the decades. Perhaps this is owing to the fact that they are delving into a music genre which is older than their own selves. Swing music was big in the 1920’s, and the band was formed in the 1970’s. Therefore, the timelessness which inspired them to create music resembling this genre has created an impression on their diverse audiences as well.
Benson and his outfit have always been about the “roots”. They wanted to translate traditional swing music to suit modern sensibilities. So, Asleep at the Wheel began gaining fame based on their swing-treatment of country classics such as “Choo Choo Ch’Boogie”, “House of Blue Lights” and “Route 66”. They have made these songs completely their own and they appeal to be enjoyed by the whole family.
Some of their original songs are also well-received such as their recent top-ten hit “The Letter that Johnny Walker Read”. The song is from their latest album “Still the King” which is an aptly titled twentieth album. On this album, Asleep at the Wheel has collaborated with some of the biggest names in Country such as George Strait, Brad Paisley and Lyle Lovett to recreate classic by Bob Wills. Despite being contemporary artists, these collaborators have all been inspired by Wills’ music growing up and so, according to Benson, this collaboration has been creatively fruitful.
“Western music ain’t dead; it’s Asleep at the Wheel.’ And that certainly seems to be the case as this band goes on yet another American tour. Inspired by Bob Wills’ timeless music, this band has kept swing music alive in all its might and glory. Having released twenty albums and charted just as many singles, the band’s set list is consistently full of old and new classics and their audiences are always familiar with all of these songs. As a result, Asleep at the Wheel’s live performances maintain an electric energy which is returned by a crowd consisting of individuals from all age groups. It truly is a unique experience, and one you can only understand if you’re there. So without further ado, put on your boots and book yourself some Asleep at the Wheel tickets for a venue near you.
Asleep At The Wheel Tour Dates 2020 & Concerts
Nothing beats the joy of watching your favorite music artist perform live! Asleep At The Wheel's concert dates are out and fans are looking forward to the upcoming shows. The next concert will be held in Homer at the Homer Center For The Arts on 15-Apr-20, while the last available date is for the event scheduled for St. Louis at the Sheldon Concert Hall on 16-Sep-20. For complete information regarding dates and venues, please visit our website.
|Asleep At The Wheel||Homer Center For The Arts||Homer, NY||Wed Apr 15 202008:00 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Bluebird Nightclub - Bloomington||Bloomington, IN||Tue May 05 202008:00 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Rose Music Hall||Columbia, MO||Wed May 06 202007:00 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||The Burl||Lexington, KY||Thu May 07 202008:00 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||The Castle Theatre||Bloomington, IL||Fri May 08 202008:00 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Gruene Hall||New Braunfels, TX||Fri May 29 202008:00 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Gruene Hall||New Braunfels, TX||Sat May 30 202009:00 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Birchmere Music Hall||Alexandria, VA||Wed Jul 08 202007:30 PM|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Sheldon Concert Hall||St. Louis, MO||Wed Sep 16 202008:00 PM|
|Bluegrass Underground: Molly Tuttle, Goose, Cam & Asleep At The Wheel - PBS TV Taping||The Caverns - TN||Pelham, TN||Fri Nov 20 202007:00 PM|
Asleep At The Wheel Ticket Prices
The average price for Asleep At The Wheel Tickets start from $32. The minimum get in price is $32 for Asleep At The Wheel Tickets at the Gruene Hall, New Braunfels. For a detailed look at ticket prices and amazing discounts, visit our website.
|Name||City||Date||Average Ticket Price||Get In Price
|Asleep At The Wheel||Homer||15-Apr-20||$87||$87|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Bloomington||5-May-20||$66||$43|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Columbia||6-May-20||$85||$37|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Lexington||7-May-20||$129||$123|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Bloomington||8-May-20||$98||$40|
|Asleep At The Wheel||New Braunfels||29-May-20||$32||$32|
|Asleep At The Wheel||New Braunfels||30-May-20||$36||$34|
|Asleep At The Wheel||Alexandria||8-Jul-20||$50||$49|
|Asleep At The Wheel||St. Louis||16-Sep-20||$193||$152|
|Bluegrass Underground: Molly Tuttle, Goose, Cam & Asleep At The Wheel - PBS TV Taping||Pelham||20-Nov-20||$95||$55|
* Ticket Prices vary on hourly basis.