2Cellos is a music group from Croatia. It consists of two young cello players, Stejpan Hauser and Luka Sulic. The duo became famous when their version of the Michael Jackson song “Smooth Criminal” received millions of hits on YouTube and went viral all over the world. Their popularity on the internet led to a record deal with “Sony Masterworks”. Since their signing, they have been playing shows all around the globe—a remarkable feat for an act that comprises of playing no more than one instrument. Still, they have become one of the most sought after instrumental groups in the US; 2Cello tickets sell out almost immediately after hitting the market.
- 2cellos Atlanta Symphony Hall
- 2cellos Auditorium Parco Della Musica
- 2cellos Berklee Performance Center
- 2cellos Count Basie Theatre
- 2cellos Durham Performing Arts Center
- 2cellos Ferguson Hall - The Straz Center
- 2cellos Hershey Theatre
- 2cellos Jefferson Center Foundation - Shaftman Performance Hall
- 2cellos Jorgensen Center
- 2cellos Keswick Theatre
- 2cellos Massey Hall
- 2cellos Parker Playhouse
- 2cellos The Weinberg Center For The Arts
- 2cellos Warner Theatre - DC
Latest 2cellos Events
- 2Cellos, The Weinberg Center For The Arts tickets for 04/23 08:00 PM at The Weinberg Center For The Arts, Frederick, MD
- Thu Apr 23 2015
- 2Cellos, Warner Theatre - DC tickets for 04/24 08:00 PM at Warner Theatre DC, Washington, DC
- Fri Apr 24 2015
- 2Cellos, Berklee Performance Center tickets for 05/01 08:00 PM at Berklee Performance Center, Boston, MA
- Fri May 01 2015
- 2Cellos, Jorgensen Center tickets for 05/02 08:00 PM at Jorgensen Center, Storrs Mansfield, CT
- Sat May 02 2015
- 2Cellos, Jefferson Center Foundation - Shaftman Performance Hall tickets for 05/05 07:30 PM at Jefferson Center Foundation Shaftman Performance Hall, Roanoke, VA
- Tue May 05 2015
- 2Cellos, Durham Performing Arts Center tickets for 05/06 07:30 PM at Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, NC
- Wed May 06 2015
- 2Cellos, Atlanta Symphony Hall tickets for 05/08 08:00 PM at Atlanta Symphony Hall, Atlanta, GA
- Fri May 08 2015
- 2Cellos, Ferguson Hall - The Straz Center tickets for 05/09 02:30 PM at Ferguson Hall The Straz Center, Tampa, FL
- Sat May 09 2015
- 2Cellos, Parker Playhouse tickets for 05/10 02:00 PM at Parker Playhouse, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sun May 10 2015
Sulic is originally from Maribor, Slovenia while Hauser is from Pula, Croatia. The twosome met as teenagers while they were both taking a cello master class. During this time, they attended the "Academy of Music in Zagreb" and even travelled to Vienna together to study music further. Before they joined forces and became friends, however, they were considered rivals because they had often competed against each other in various cello playing competitions. Their similar playing style brought them together as they decided to pursue their professional careers as a team. Soon after that though, they went to separate schools, Hauser going to Manchester’s "Royal Northern College of Music" and Sulic attending the "Royal Academy of Music" in London. While they were in England, they would get together from time to time to perform cello versions of famous songs, putting them up online. It was then that they recorded a video of them performing the Michael Jackson song. With a week, the clip on YouTube received over 3 million views. It ended up at 5 million views by the end of the month and by which time; it had become an internet sensation.
What prompted the duo to post their videos online was the hope that they would be discovered and signed which would hopefully resolve their financial difficulties. Even though they were quite a well known group in the UK, they had yet to capitalize on their talent. They finally received the opportunity they had sought for when they were both in Pula. Hauser had a close friend who was a director, and after watching their video, he was certain that the two would do exceptionally well in the pop music market. He thus decided to take their famous cover and give it a proper, professional music video shoot. The end result consisted of the two men sitting in an empty white room, playing the tune on their cellos. This new and improved version was then posted online in January of 2011. It was this version that got them noticed by major labels and producers.
Today, they are signed to "Sony Masterworks" through whom they have already recorded and released an album. The record consists entirely of covers of various pop artists and groups including Muse, "Nine Inch Nails", Coldplay, "Kings of Leon" and others. The more popular tracks out of the lot have been their version of yet another Jackson song, "Human Nature". When asked about the inspiration behind choosing these songs, they talk about how they spend a lot of time searching for tunes that would easily fit into their signature 2 cellos arrangement. One such song that fir particularly well in their style and resonated equally with the audiences was "Welcome to the Jungle" by "Guns N Roses". It was released as a promotional single in anticipation of their album, but ended up becoming famous in its own regard as well.
The dynamic duo has been noticed by other renowned performers as well. Elton John, for one is particularly fond of their music and has even invited them to perform with him on his tour. John was so impressed by their YouTube videos that he personally made the call to them and asked them to be part of his show. Moreover, they have also made several television appearances. They were featured on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", and later on the hit FOX show, "Glee" as well. In the latter program, their arrangement of "Smooth Criminal" was used for the episode "Michael". The two were even featured, and shown performing the song in an empty room, much like their music video.
The group is refreshing to listen to for they have taken what is normally thought to be a classical instrument and have used it in modern sounding tunes. 2Cellos tickets will thus enable you to witness their excellent playing in person.
Q:How do I know the 2cellos Tickets are safe with you?
A:The 2Cellos Tickets are hundred percent safe with us so place the order right off.