Stanhope is an English town that is part of the shire county, County Durham, in the North East region of England. It is home to nearly two thousand people and is located next to the River Wear, in the middle of Frosterley and Eastgate. It is reached via the B6278 road and the A689 trans-Pennine road. It is part of a larger civil parish that is home to Rookhope, St John's Chapel, Westgate, Ireshopeburn, Cowshill, Wearhead, Eastgate, Cornriggs and Frosterley, all situated on the A689 road. The parish has a population of nearly five thousand and occupies a much smaller area than it used to before, once being nearly one hundred and forty square miles large. It is undoubtedly a beautiful place for entertainment. You must experience visiting this place by buying your Stanhope tickets.
CONCERTS IN STANHOPE
- Fri Jun 29 2018Buy Tragedy: All Metal Tribute To The Bee Gees, Stanhope House Tickets for Fri Jun 29 2018 Tragedy: All Metal Tribute To The Bee Gees, Stanhope House tickets for 06/29 06:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Fri Jun 29 2018
- Sat Jun 30 2018Buy Dan Baird And Homemade Sin, Stanhope House Tickets for Sat Jun 30 2018 Dan Baird And Homemade Sin, Stanhope House tickets for 06/30 06:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Sat Jun 30 2018
- Sat Jul 07 2018Buy Best of Foo - Foo Fighters Tribute & Contraband - Scott Weiland Tribute, Stanhope House Tickets for Sat Jul 07 2018 Best of Foo - Foo Fighters Tribute & Contraband - Scott Weiland Tribute, Stanhope House tickets for 07/07 06:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Sat Jul 07 2018
- Sun Jul 15 2018Buy Jill Sobule, Stanhope House Tickets for Sun Jul 15 2018 Jill Sobule, Stanhope House tickets for 07/15 05:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Sun Jul 15 2018
- Tue Aug 21 2018Buy Agent Orange, Stanhope House Tickets for Tue Aug 21 2018 Agent Orange, Stanhope House tickets for 08/21 06:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Tue Aug 21 2018
- Fri Aug 24 2018Buy Bubba Sparxxx, Stanhope House Tickets for Fri Aug 24 2018 Bubba Sparxxx, Stanhope House tickets for 08/24 07:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Fri Aug 24 2018
- Agent Orange Stanhope
- Bernard Allison Stanhope
- Ana Popovic Stanhope
- Bubba Sparxxx Stanhope
- Dirty Rotten Imbeciles Stanhope
- Dri Stanhope
- Mike Zito Stanhope
- Samantha Fish Stanhope
- Scott Weiland Stanhope
- Jill Sobule Stanhope
- Jimmies Chicken Shack Stanhope
- Sponge Stanhope
- Tantric Stanhope
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Stanhope
- The Blasters Stanhope
- Tragedy Stanhope
- Tragedy All Metal Tribute To The Bee Gees Stanhope
- Tom Petty Stanhope
- Dan Baird And Homemade Sin Stanhope
Stanhope is surrounded on all sides by beautiful moorland, referred to as Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is the second largest amongst the forty such AONBs found in the UK. It is also served by the Weardale Railway, a famous heritage railway that runs from Bishop Auckland. Its churchyard is home to a famous petrified tree stump, one remaining from the original two. The other stump is found in the Newcastle Upon Tyne’s Hancock Museum. A number of craft shops, for souvenirs, tourist information and even a team room can be found at the Durham Dales Center.
Stanhope also features a ford, which is complete with steps of stones for the use of visitors. At the center of the town is the magnificent Stanhope Castle, built in the eighteenth century. It is also home to a heated open air swimming pool, one of the only two such pools found in the entire North East region of England. The town is associated with such notable personalities as William Percival Crozier, a scholar, journalist and editor of the Manchester Guardian as well as famous seventeenth century theologian and cleric, Joseph Butler. It is also the hometown of professional soccer player, George Boateng.
The town is known for the Stanhope Agricultural Show, held each year, since it was founded way back in 1834. It is one of the city’s main attractions and often draws people from far off places. It is one of the oldest running agricultural shows in the UK and much of the world, organized by the Stanhope Agricultural Society. In 2013, it saw its one hundred and seventy second exhibition, focusing on sheep, industrial produce, cattle, horses and ponies and show jumping.
Each year, the Stanhope Agricultural Show is staged and attended by many people. It features a Horse Section, an Agricultural Section for Sheep, an Agricultural Section for Cattle, a Craft Tent, an Amateur Photography exhibition, an Industrial Section, a Horticultural Section, a Small Livestock Section and a Canine Section. With Stanhope tickets in hand, you can be a part of this or other exciting events like concerts and musicals.