Stanhope is an English town that is part of the shire county, County Durham, in the North East region of England. It is home to nearly two thousand people and is located next to the River Wear, in the middle of Frosterley and Eastgate. It is reached via the B6278 road and the A689 trans-Pennine road. It is part of a larger civil parish that is home to Rookhope, St John's Chapel, Westgate, Ireshopeburn, Cowshill, Wearhead, Eastgate, Cornriggs and Frosterley, all situated on the A689 road. The parish has a population of nearly five thousand and occupies a much smaller area than it used to before, once being nearly one hundred and forty square miles large. It is undoubtedly a beautiful place for entertainment. You must experience visiting this place by buying your Stanhope tickets.
CONCERTS IN STANHOPE
- Sat Feb 29 2020Buy Gypsy - A True Stevie Nicks Experience, Stanhope House Tickets for Sat Feb 29 2020 Gypsy - A True Stevie Nicks Experience, Stanhope House tickets for 02/29 07:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Sat Feb 29 2020
- Sun Mar 01 2020Buy Soulfly, Stanhope House Tickets for Sun Mar 01 2020 Soulfly, Stanhope House tickets for 03/01 07:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Sun Mar 01 2020
- Thu Mar 05 2020Buy Trapt, Stanhope House Tickets for Thu Mar 05 2020 Trapt, Stanhope House tickets for 03/05 07:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Thu Mar 05 2020
- Sat Mar 14 2020Buy The Pietasters & Big D and The Kids Table, Stanhope House Tickets for Sat Mar 14 2020 The Pietasters & Big D and The Kids Table, Stanhope House tickets for 03/14 07:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Sat Mar 14 2020
- Fri Apr 17 2020Buy Killcode, Stanhope House Tickets for Fri Apr 17 2020 Killcode, Stanhope House tickets for 04/17 07:00 PM at Stanhope House ,Stanhope ,NJ
- Fri Apr 17 2020
Stanhope is surrounded on all sides by beautiful moorland, referred to as Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is the second largest amongst the forty such AONBs found in the UK. It is also served by the Weardale Railway, a famous heritage railway that runs from Bishop Auckland. Its churchyard is home to a famous petrified tree stump, one remaining from the original two. The other stump is found in the Newcastle Upon Tyne’s Hancock Museum. A number of craft shops, for souvenirs, tourist information and even a team room can be found at the Durham Dales Center.
Stanhope also features a ford, which is complete with steps of stones for the use of visitors. At the center of the town is the magnificent Stanhope Castle, built in the eighteenth century. It is also home to a heated open air swimming pool, one of the only two such pools found in the entire North East region of England. The town is associated with such notable personalities as William Percival Crozier, a scholar, journalist and editor of the Manchester Guardian as well as famous seventeenth century theologian and cleric, Joseph Butler. It is also the hometown of professional soccer player, George Boateng.
The town is known for the Stanhope Agricultural Show, held each year, since it was founded way back in 1834. It is one of the city’s main attractions and often draws people from far off places. It is one of the oldest running agricultural shows in the UK and much of the world, organized by the Stanhope Agricultural Society. In 2013, it saw its one hundred and seventy second exhibition, focusing on sheep, industrial produce, cattle, horses and ponies and show jumping.
Each year, the Stanhope Agricultural Show is staged and attended by many people. It features a Horse Section, an Agricultural Section for Sheep, an Agricultural Section for Cattle, a Craft Tent, an Amateur Photography exhibition, an Industrial Section, a Horticultural Section, a Small Livestock Section and a Canine Section. With Stanhope tickets in hand, you can be a part of this or other exciting events like concerts and musicals.