As one of the most famous metropolitan cities in Mexico, Monterrey holds a very special place in the hearts and minds of people in the country and abroad. It has been the hub of all that is great about Mexico, its economic development and its rich culture. This is one place where modern Mexico combines with its history. There is a cultural and entertainment aspect of life in the city that is just immense. Some of the biggest names in the business make their way to Monterrey every year to perform for their fans in the country. So if you are planning on going to a place that offers the best of modern day lifestyle with a rich historical background then this is where you ought to be.
SPORTS IN NL
- Fri Mar 01 2019Buy Newfoundland Growlers vs. Brampton Beast, Mile One Centre Tickets for Fri Mar 01 2019 Newfoundland Growlers vs. Brampton Beast, Mile One Centre tickets for 03/01 07:00 PM at Mile One Centre ,St. John's ,NL
- Fri Mar 01 2019
- Tue Mar 05 2019Buy Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals, Mile One Centre Tickets for Tue Mar 05 2019 Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals, Mile One Centre tickets for 03/05 07:00 PM at Mile One Centre ,St. John's ,NL
- Tue Mar 05 2019
- Sun Mar 10 2019Buy Newfoundland Growlers vs. Orlando Solar Bears, Mile One Centre Tickets for Sun Mar 10 2019 Newfoundland Growlers vs. Orlando Solar Bears, Mile One Centre tickets for 03/10 04:00 PM at Mile One Centre ,St. John's ,NL
- Sun Mar 10 2019
CONCERTS IN NL
- Sat Feb 16 2019Buy Blue Rodeo, Mile One Centre Tickets for Sat Feb 16 2019 Blue Rodeo, Mile One Centre tickets for 02/16 08:00 PM at Mile One Centre ,St. John's ,NL
- Sat Feb 16 2019
- Sun May 12 2019Buy Old Dominion, Mile One Centre Tickets for Sun May 12 2019 Old Dominion, Mile One Centre tickets for 05/12 07:30 PM at Mile One Centre ,St. John's ,NL
- Sun May 12 2019
Monterrey is at the heart of all that is great about Mexico. The place has a lot of history and has gone on to become one of the most famous places in not only Mexico but also in the world. People of all ages and from all walks of life make their way to the city to enjoy the very best of facilities and to get in touch with Mexican culture. This is where you get the best of both worlds. Not only that, but it also provides plenty of entertainment for everyone. One can experience it all live by booking Monterrey tickets. The options never run out.
Monterrey is the capital of the Neuvo Leon state. It has a history that goes all the way back to the sixteenth century when King Philip II of Spain ventured over to the region in the year 1580 to create Nuevo Leon. Two years after that, he formed the basis of a new territory and named it "San Luis Rey de Francia". Nuevo Leon was however left unattended for around eight years before Diego de Montemayor led a group of different families to the region. He formed Ciudad Metropolitana de Nuestra Senora de Monterrey in the year 1596 to officially form the basis of Monterrey.
The city really stepped into the spotlight once the Mexican Independence War ended. That is when it started to become the hub of economic development of the country. It all started in the year 1900 when Fundidora de Fierro y Acero de Monterrey was created. It was a steel mill and that is when people began to really see the strategic importance of the city and began to move their businesses there. That was the start of a development phase that has carried on till now to put Monterrey among the best cities in Mexico.
The city has a first class transportation system and an equally impressive health care infrastructure in place. It is also a city with the highest per capita income in all of Mexico. All that development and its location has attracted international corporations like Mercedes-Benz, Whirlpool, BMW, Sony, Toyota, Ericsson, Dell, Nokia and Samsung to establish bases there.
Monterrey is also home to multiple sports teams. It also provides people with some of the best cuisines in the country both local and international. On the music front, the place is renowned for its unique flavor of "Norteno" music that has produced artists like Plastilina Mosh, Panda, Jumbo and El Gran Silencio among others.
If you are keen on paying landmarks a visit then there are the likes of the Santa Lucia Riverwalk, the Macroplaza, Faro del Comercio, Alfa Planetarium, Fundidora Park and The Museum of Modern Art to keep you occupied. So if you plan on travelling to Mexico then take some time out and experience the magnificence of Monterrey in all its splendor and glory. You will such a good time that it will make you want to visit here again.