Sitting in the heart of Texas, Lubbock is a city that has fast become one of the most lovable places in the country. A college town that takes pride in its heritage, Lubbock has become a first-choice stop for many. Over the past years, its popularity has increased by virtue of CNNMoney.com stating that the city is one of the best places to start a business. Apart from that, Lubbock has made news on account of one of the strongest education systems in the country, with the Lubbock High School acknowledged for being the best in the country for three years in a row by Newsweek. Get Lubbock tickets now, as the city gears up to host this year’s hottest events.
SPORTS IN LUBBOCK
- Texas Tech Red Raiders Vs. Lamar Cardinals, Jones AT&T Stadium tickets for 09/08 03:30 AM at Jones AT&T Stadium ,Lubbock ,TX
- Sat Sep 08 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. West Virginia Mountaineers, Jones AT&T Stadium tickets for 09/29 03:30 AM at Jones AT&T Stadium ,Lubbock ,TX
- Sat Sep 29 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Kansas Jayhawks, Jones AT&T Stadium tickets for 10/20 03:30 AM at Jones AT&T Stadium ,Lubbock ,TX
- Sat Oct 20 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Oklahoma Sooners, Jones AT&T Stadium tickets for 11/03 03:30 AM at Jones AT&T Stadium ,Lubbock ,TX
- Sat Nov 03 2018
CONCERTS IN LUBBOCK
- Bryan White, Lubbock Memorial Civic Center tickets for 06/29 07:00 PM at Lubbock Memorial Civic Center ,Lubbock ,TX
- Fri Jun 29 2018
- Bad Wolves, From Ashes To New & Diamante, Jake's Sports Cafe And Backroom tickets for 07/02 08:00 PM at Jake's Sports Cafe And Backroom ,Lubbock ,TX
- Mon Jul 02 2018
- Felipe Esparza, Lubbock Memorial Civic Center tickets for 08/24 08:00 PM at Lubbock Memorial Civic Center ,Lubbock ,TX
- Fri Aug 24 2018
- Chris Young, United Supermarkets Arena tickets for 09/14 07:30 PM at United Supermarkets Arena ,Lubbock ,TX
- Fri Sep 14 2018
THEATER IN LUBBOCK
Venues of Lubbock
Incorporated as a city in 1909, Lubbock stands as an upcoming hotspot for tourists and travelers. People from all over the country are heading out to the city that offers one of the most complete holiday experiences.
The city is home to some of the most famous people of the country; Buddy Holly, Dixie Chicks lead, Natalie Maines, Butch Hancock and Terry Allen are just a few names to hail from this city. Apart from that, actors Chace Crawford and renowned artist Joshua Meyer also belong to the city.
For those stopping by, there are a few essential spots that need to be visited to get the city’s complete experience. For starters, the biggest identifier of the city is its love for collegiate football. Texas Tech University is home to the Texas Tech Red Raiders football team, and the home stadium, the Jones AT&T Stadium is one of the biggest fields around. With seating for over sixty thousand people, this is a must stop for football fans. Apart from the collegiate team, other sporting teams will also stop by this state of the art facility to play.
Other than the AT&T Stadium, the Lonestar Amphitheatre is another venue which is a popular venue. This year it is set to host the likes of Paul McCartney and Five Finger Death Punch.
For music lovers, Lubbock is the city to go to. Buddy Holly, who was a native of Lubbock, was one of the most influential musicians in the rock genre. The Buddy Holly Center provides an insight into the life and legacy of the icon. Similarly, the Music Walk of Fame stands proud as it pays homage to some of the biggest names that have emerged from the area. The Lubbock Music Festival is an annual reminder of the role that this city has played in giving the music industry its biggest stars.
Other events that take place in the city are the 4th on Broadway, which is one of the biggest Independence Day festivals, The National Cowboy Symposium and Celebration and Tour de Tech Terrace.
4th on Broadway involves a parade, a concert and fireworks in lieu of Independence Day. The Cowboy Symposium hosts horse shows, art and other Wild West related activities, such as cowboy poetry. Tour de Tech Terrace is a cycling extravaganza where members of the community get together to ride around the town.
The Silent Wings Museum is another great place to visit. It offers a view into the cultural and historical significance of the area and is also a great stop for those who want to take a deeper look into World War II. Similarly, the National Ranching Heritage Center provides yet another detailed look into the history of the country.
Get Lubbock tickets now to see the city that has established itself as a hub of culture, sports, music and entertainment.