Standing magnificently on Galena Blvd. in Aurora, Illinois is a structure with Art Deco style Venetian elements. This is the Paramount Theater; a historic theater which has stood the test of time since 1931 acting as the single, most remarkable venue for musicals, plays, concerts, comedy shows and other variety of theater acts in all of Illinois. The venue has established a reputation of a kind of place where people go to have a change of environment and to spend an exciting evening. For that, and many more reasons, the Paramount Theater Aurora tickets are popular not only among the local fans in Chicago but also among people from all over Illinois.
Latest Events in Concerts
- Jay Leno, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 04/13 08:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Fri Apr 13 2018
- Scotty McCreery, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 03/25 07:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Sun Mar 25 2018
- Skippyjon Jones, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 01/18 09:30 AM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Thu Jan 18 2018
- Elvis Tribute Artist Spectacular, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 01/11 08:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Thu Jan 11 2018
Latest Events in Theater
- Elf - The Musical, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 11/22 07:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Wed Nov 22 2017
- Terry Fator, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 01/20 03:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Sat Jan 20 2018
- Once, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 04/25 01:30 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Wed Apr 25 2018
- Cabaret, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 02/07 01:30 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Wed Feb 07 2018
- Penn & Teller, Paramount Theatre Aurora tickets for 03/23 08:00 PM at Paramount Theatre Aurora ,Aurora ,IL
- Fri Mar 23 2018
Venues of Aurora
1920s set the foundation of the Paramount Theater Aurora because Paramount Pictures was constructing a number of theaters all over. Considering the popularity that their films were receiving, executives foresaw the industry growing exponentially in the near future. Although older theatres provided acoustics and visuals that were best for live theater but the advent of film industry required an upgraded technology, a new trend in this area. Construction of the Paramount Theatre began and 1931 and the building came out as the first air-conditioned venue outside of Chicago.
Following its success, Paramount decided on building such venues in other parts of the country as well but the Great Depression did not give this idea a chance to see the light of the day. Among the first stars that appeared at the theater were Burns and Allen, Jack Benny and The Marx Brothers. It originally had the seating capacity of a little over 2,000 however, due to the conformity to fire codes; the capacity was reduced to 1,885 people. After witnessing some two decades of success, it was now time for some renovations. So the theater was closed down for this purpose in 1976 and re-opened two years later, more accommodating than before.
The stage and screen of the theater has seen a whole lot of amazing artists and acts grace it with their incredible performances. The names include Air Supply, Joe Bonamassa, George Carlin, Ani DiFranco, Jeff Dunham, Joan Jett, B. B. King, Cyndi Lauper, Smokey Robinson, Itzhak Perlman and last but not the least, Mannheim Steamroller. Theater fans in Illinois have turned towards the Paramount Theater Aurora through the years and they have never been disappointed. From the welcoming environment to the intimate surroundings and from fancy café to comfortable seating, the Paramount Theater Aurora proved to be an outstanding venue every time for everyone.
All these years and not a single thing have changed in the venue which has served as an ultimate source of entertainment for people in and around Aurora. The place’s schedule stay lined up with all the famous Broadway productions through all seasons. Anyone who has bought the Paramount Theater Aurora tickets in the past cherishes the time that they had. They feel the pride of ever getting a chance to visit this beautiful place which is included in the list of National Register of Historic Places.