Home Security Systems South Carolina

South Carolina is one of the country’s most popular states to live in with its beautiful landscape, affordable living and competitive wages. Its diverse landscape ranges from the foothills of Blue Ridge Mountains to sandy beaches and comfortable climate are also major factors that attract people to go and live there. However, there is also a flipside to all of this which is the high crime rate in the region.

Crime in South Carolina

Here are a few numbers to give you an idea about the crime status in South Carolina as compiled by Neighborhood Scout for the year 2012.

  • Your chances of becoming a victim of property crime are 1 in 26.

  • A total of 206,947 crimes were reported; 87.25% of these were property crimes and the remaining 12.75% were violent crimes.

  • 67.7% of the property crimes were thefts, 7.3% were motor vehicle thefts and 25% were burglaries.

  • An average of 39.3 crimes was reported per square mile.

According to 24/7 Wall Street, South Carolina has recently been ranked as the fifth state when it comes to violent crime. All of these statistics point towards the importance of having a home security system if you’re living in South Carolina.

Safe Alarms in SC

Most of us prefer going the extra mile when it comes to protecting our precious possessions. One of the most effective methods of doing so is by using safes or safety vaults to secure valuables like jewelry, cash, important documents and family heirlooms.  However, crooks have found their ways around breaking in to safes and vaults too; if you don’t want to walk in on an empty safe, you could make use of safe alarms. These alarm systems are designed to alert you or your home security provider in the event that someone attempts to tamper with your safe. These alarms may consist of motion sensors placed close to the safe, allowing you find out if there is any suspicious activity in the vicinity. Some alarm systems are linked with locks of these safes and alert you when someone enters an incorrect pass code or repeatedly enters wrong codes. Another effective way to protect your safe is by installing surveillance video cameras, these can be used to not only alert you of the suspicious activity but also to record it for subsequent use. Safes can also be protected by using metal detectors, these can alert you if the safe is being tampered with. Depending upon the size and kind of safe, you could choose the right safe alarms or the right set of security system equipment.

Alarm Companies in South Carolina

As the crime rate in the state is one of the highest, alarm companies have extensive operations in South Carolina. The types of alarm companies range from security system equipment providers and alarm system monitoring companies to customized security solution providers. These companies cater to all kinds of clients: private home owners, corporations and institutions.


Order by phone: (855) 839-6777