Home Security Systems Las Vegas

Famous for being The Entertainment Capital of the World, Las Vegas is the largest city in the state of Nevada. It is, without a doubt, one of the most popular global resorts; famous for its nightlife, dining, gambling and shopping. The city is also a popular corner of the US for professionals to settle down. However, there is also a darker side to the glamour and lights.



Crime in Las Vegas

Let’s take a look at a few numbers to get an idea about the crime situation in Las Vegas. These statistics are for the year 2012 and have been compiled by Neighborhood Scout.

  • Las Vegas ranks number 14 on the crime index; that is, it is safer than only 14% of the cities in the United States.

  • A total of 23,690 crimes have been reported in Las Vegas in 2012; approximately 80% of these were property crimes and the remaining 20% were violent crimes.

  • Burglaries constituted 36.4% of the property crimes; thefts accounted for 53% and motor vehicle thefts constituted the remaining 10.6% of property crimes.

  • Your chances of becoming a victim of property crime in Las Vegas are 1 in 31.

Now the question you need to ask yourself is: What measures must be taken to protect my home from burglars and intruders? If you’ve invested in an effective security system that’s well and good, if you haven’t, then the recommendation would be you should.

Driveway Alarms

If you have adequately secured your driveway such that an intruder can’t get past it without you being notified, then you have successfully eliminated most of the risk of your house being burglarized or broken into. A driveway alarm system consists of some basic components: motion sensors, alarms and motion flood lights. The sensors typically used are infrared sensors, acoustic sensors and metal detectors; these are designed to sense unusual movement and then trigger an alarm when activated. Motion flood lights are also designed to function as driveway alerts, these are connected to detectors and are activated when a detector detects unusual activity, allowing you to see whatever is going on in that particular area and also scaring away the intruder.

Driveway alarm systems come with a host of benefits. These include,

  • Can be easily installed by following the DIY instructions.

  • When it comes to covering larger areas, wireless systems could be more efficient and less costly.

  • Almost all kinds of detectors are available in wireless configurations.

  • Additional components can be easily added to wireless systems.

  • The location of wireless detectors and receivers can be easily changed.

To sum up, opting for wireless driveway alarm systems may save you the hassle that comes with installation, expansion and maintenance.

Alarm Companies in Las Vegas

Security systems are extensively used in Las Vegas; hence, a large number of notable alarm companies are operating in the region. If you’re looking for driveway alarms for your home in Las Vegas, you can easily find the relevant individual components as well as entire systems.

 

Population Violent Crime Robbery Aggravated Assault
1,500,45511,3744,0726,500
BurglaryLarceny TheftMurderProperty Crime
14,78526,5489747,968
*Source: fbi.gov

FAQs

Q:Should the surrounding neighborhood be considered when planning a security system in Las Vegas?

A:Yes. There are certain neighborhoods that are considered safer than others. For instance, according to Neighborhood Scout, the safest neighborhood in Las Vegas is Sun City Blvd/W Lake Mead. Therefore, when you are planning a security system in Las Vegas, check the local crime rate and the recent crime trends. This will help you figure out the sort of crime you need to defend yourself against and the relevant sensors and detectors you will need for it.

Q:What are the advantages of the Easy Fit alarm over the other DIY alarms in Las Vegas?

A:Easy Fit alarm systems are relatively cheap. Most companies offer one that has an external box, control panel, two to three movement detectors and magnetic door contacts. They are easy to install and cover all main aspects of security. These save you the hassle of getting individual DIY sensors or detectors and have separate systems for each of them.

Q:What are the best features to include in a security system in Las Vegas?

A:What makes an alarm system good is the effectiveness of it. And for it to be effective, you need to make sure you cover all bases. A wireless or a wired system with sensors for all doors and windows that could serve as points of entry should be good enough. If you want to add to the effectiveness of it, you can add motion detectors, driveway alarms, CCTV cameras, etc. For Las Vegas residents, it is particularly relevant to invest in a smoke detector. There are numerous wildfires around the city and it would be an added benefit to be notified as soon as there is one, especially if you live near potentially dangerous areas.

Order by phone: (855) 839-6777