Home Security Systems Fort Worth

Famously known as Cowtown, Fort Worth is essentially where the American West begins. Located in North Central Texas, it is the fifth largest city in the state of Texas covering approximately 350 square miles. Despite being a pleasant place to live, Fort Worth has its drawbacks, just like any other city in the US; one of them being the considerably high crime rate. If you are a resident or planning to move to Fort Worth, this should not be a problem, provided you take the right steps.



Crime in Fort Worth

Let’s take a look at a few numbers with regards to crime in Fort Worth as presented by Neighborhood Scout for 2012:

  • It ranks number 9 on the crime index; this means it is safer than only 9% of the cities in the US.

  • Your chances of becoming a target of property crime in Fort Worth are 1 in 24.

  • A total of 37,237 crimes were reported; 87.9% of these were property related crimes and the remaining 12.1% were violent crimes.

  • An annual rate of 105 crimes per square mile was reported.

Keeping these figures in mind, not having a home security system installed leaves you and your family at significant risk. If you don’t have one installed already, getting one would be recommended.

Hardwired Home Alarm Systems

With development in technology, wireless components of security systems have become increasingly popular, however wired systems have been in use for decades now and have certain advantages associated with them. Some of these are listed below:

  • Components of hard - wired alarm systems are typically easily compatible with other systems. If you plan on upgrading your control panel or keypad five to ten years down the line, you may need not worry about getting new motion detectors, switches or alarms with the new equipment.

  • Most hard - wired alarm systems run on AC power along with stand-by batteries in case of power outages. This gives them an edge over wireless alarm systems with regards to reliability; batteries used in wireless alarm system components require frequent replacements and old batteries may cause the system to malfunction or stop functioning altogether.

  • Wireless technology continues to evolve rapidly and previous models tend to become obsolete. For this reason if anything were to go wrong with your wireless system in a couple of years, there’s a good chance that you may have to replace the entire system.

  • Operating on radio frequencies, wireless alarm systems are more vulnerable to interference than wired alarm systems.

Wired systems have evolved over time and so have wireless systems; when you choose a system for your home, make sure that it is reliable and serves all your security needs.  

Home Security Companies in Fort Worth

Being one of the major cities in the state of Texas, Fort Worth has various reputed home security companies. When you are choosing one for your home, make sure the company provides quality products and services, it is licensed and is operating in line with state/city regulations, and has an effective monitoring service.

 

Population Violent Crime Robbery Aggravated Assault
789,0354,4201,2562,593
BurglaryLarceny TheftMurderProperty Crime
8,31623,5574834,272
*Source: fbi.gov

FAQs

Q:Do i really need a security systems in Fort Worth?

A:Fort Worth has a high property crime rate. The probability of you becoming a victim of property crimes is 1 in 24. You should consider getting a security system for your home in Fort Worth to protect your property and your loved ones. If nothing else, it will give you peace of mind and a genuine sense of security.

Q:Do you offer pet-friendly alarm systems in Fort Worth?

A:Fort Worth residents who have pets at home may not have to worry about false alarms if they choose wisely. This is because there are certain home security companies in the market, which do offer pet-friendly alarm systems. Such alarm systems have devices that are specially configured so as not to sound the alarm if a pet passes by, for example, a type of motion sensor, which is designed to ignore moving objects, below a certain weight.

Q:Do i have to pay to have my home security systems monitored by a security company in Fort Worth?

A:You can check with the home security company you have chosen to find out how much the monitoring costs are. Most companies will charge a certain fee for providing round-the-clock monitoring services. Through monitoring, the company can immediately inform you via phone in case of any break-in or false alarm.

Q:Do i need an alarm permit to install an alarm system in Fort Worth TX?

A:According to the laws in the City of Fort Worth, a person who operates an alarm system is required to obtain an alarm permit. A separate permit is required for each alarm system and each alarm address. The fee for the permit is $50 and the duration of validity of a permit is twelve months, after which it must be renewed.

Order by phone: (855) 839-6777